Have You Ever Experienced Sexism?

I used to volunteer at an op shop with lots of old ladies and they would wolfwhistle and make lewd comments all the time. Often I received a pinch on the bottom. It wasn't that bad but it was difficult when I was promoted to co-ordinator and I was dealing with customers at the time :doh:

I used to volunteer at an op shop with lots of old ladies and they would wolfwhistle and make lewd comments all the time. Often I received a pinch on the bottom. It wasn't that bad but it was difficult when I was promoted to co-ordinator and I was dealing with customers at the time :doh:

Old ladies are the worst man. :csad: I wish younger women had their libidos. I was in vacation with a tour group in April and these two old biddies kept following my dad, brother and I around. They kept talking about they were cougars. One of them kept talking to me even though I clearly wasnt interested. She accused me of liking little boys.

It was kind of interesting in a way. I realized what women must deal with. "What? You dont like me? What are you, gay?" Yeah, because you're that irresistible.

The only sexism I can think of encountering is that I've actually been accused of being sexist when I'm just trying to be polite. I.E. I see a woman trying to carry a heavy-looking box to her car while pushing a stroller, and I offer to help her carry the box. She chews me out for assuming that she's too weak to handle it because she's a woman. I don't bother explaining that I was just trying to help. I just leave her to her box and the stroller.
Another incident involving someone with a baby. I'm sitting in the front of the bus when a woman gets on while holding a baby. I get up to offer her my seat, and get generally the same result. But if I hadn't offered my seat, I'd be a jerk.

I hate it when people ask that idiot question, "Would you let your daughter do that?" It is always the daughter instead of the son. Apparently your daughter has to be locked down because she can't do anything as liberal as choosing chicken over beef without you judging her, but your son can go out, get drunk and laid every night, and you'd be proud of him. I ran into this mentality many times with ex girlfriend's fathers. They give me the third degree like I'm supposed to be scared of them, and get pissed when I answer questions truthfully. "Do you want to have sex with my daughter?" Yes you dumb bastard! She's fine as hell, and I like her. What the hell do you think we do when she spends the night over here? She's a damn adult! She can make her own decisions, and she has been for some time. How the hell did he get my cell number anyway?!:cmad:

And then there are these women who feel entitled to everything. Look lady, if you can't open a door or seat yourself at a restaurant then I shouldn't give you the same respect that I would to an adult. It really irritates me that some women will nearly run to the door to beat you into the restaurant, then wait for you to open it to prove that you're a "chivalrous gentleman." Two things. One, chivalry is ******** marketing from movies. Older days meant that women had no voice, and were second class. Secondly, if you think that a nice gesture that you won't even perform yourself is worth judging a person for, then you really suck at thinking enough to have an intellectually stimulating conversation with. You aren't owed anything because you were born with a vagina. You want to be treated like a man, then do the same things that man is supposed to do in regards to responsibility. Equality does not involve entitlement!:cmad:

I'm mad! *throws chair*

I remember at school when my friends would complain about their female friends all the time. I'd ask why they would forgive them for that kind of behaviour. They would look at me blankly, and say "...because she's a girl!"

I hate it when people ask that idiot question, "Would you let your daughter do that?" It is always the daughter instead of the son. Apparently your daughter has to be locked down because she can't do anything as liberal as choosing chicken over beef without you judging her, but your son can go out, get drunk and laid every night, and you'd be proud of him. I ran into this mentality many times with ex girlfriend's fathers. They give me the third degree like I'm supposed to be scared of them, and get pissed when I answer questions truthfully. "Do you want to have sex with my daughter?" Yes you dumb bastard! She's fine as hell, and I like her. What the hell do you think we do when she spends the night over here? She's a damn adult! She can make her own decisions, and she has been for some time. How the hell did he get my cell number anyway?!:cmad:

And then there are these women who feel entitled to everything. Look lady, if you can't open a door or seat yourself at a restaurant then I shouldn't give you the same respect that I would to an adult. It really irritates me that some women will nearly run to the door to beat you into the restaurant, then wait for you to open it to prove that you're a "chivalrous gentleman." Two things. One, chivalry is ******** marketing from movies. Older days meant that women had no voice, and were second class. Secondly, if you think that a nice gesture that you won't even perform yourself is worth judging a person for, then you really suck at thinking enough to have an intellectually stimulating conversation with. You aren't owed anything because you were born with a vagina. You want to be treated like a man, then do the same things that man is supposed to do in regards to responsibility. Equality does not involve entitlement!:cmad:

I'm mad! *throws chair*

Poor E-Man... no wonder he never gets laid.

Girls tell me all the time how incredibly sexy I am.

They're so sexist.

No...that's delusional.

I have worked with several women who just flat out hate men. I hate to say they're 'feminazis' but that's really the only term that I can think of. They couldn't/can't stand it when a man tells them how to do something. Another woman could tell these particular women the exact same thing a man just said and they would take no issue with it whatsoever. I've had two different jobs where this has happened to me and other male co-workers.

My girlfriend complains about women drivers (she calls them "broads") all the time.

C'mon now, let's get off of moms...

because I just got off of yours.

Did you give her a good tongue lashing for not making cornbread the other night? My mother doesn't listen quite as well as yours. I be da jealous.

Women don't have to stay in the kitchen... I'm not a sexist...

... the bedroom is fine as an alternate location.

My girlfriend complains about women drivers (she calls them "broads") all the time.

Women drivers no survivors.
How do you blind a women? you put a wind shield in front of them.

ya i have experienced sexism, mostly coming from my mouth though :whatever:

Yes, more than once. I used work with kids in various community/church youth programs. I would often volunteer to babysit, free of charge, once I got to know a family. At least 3 times, I got some variation of "we don't let men babysit our kids". I understood the wariness but it always hurt a little.

When I first joined these boards everyone assumed I was male.

I think it has to do with your love of in-your-endo.

It involved me getting in trouble for having a comb out on my desk, while a female friend of mine (who had brought a large doll to class) wasn't punished. Now, my memory doesn't go back that far, and I was probably playing with my comb, but I do recall this teacher having it out for me and the other boys in class.

She probably did. Women are spiteful, evil, vindictive creatures, I say. I had a teacher who failed most of the boys in her class, but passed several chicks who were borderline brain dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"