HBO's Boardwalk Empire - Part 1

I disagree, I'd rank it as 3 > 5 > 4 > 1 > 2, but each to their own, I guess!!!

You prefered season 4 to the first 2? My problem with it was that it just repeated much of what had already been done before:
-New major villain who comes into town and causes trouble (done in Season 3);
-Nucky's family faces problems (Explored in Season 2);
-Nucky having to deal with the FBI (something that had already come to its logical conclusion in Season 2 after being so fully explored for 2 seasons);
-Nucky explores the possibility of expanding his business towards a new land (Ireland in Season 2);
-Nucky wins in the end, which was done in all seasons so far.

I would say that Season 4 might have been the reason the show got cancelled, and while i liked Season 3 a lot, i feel like 3 and 4 didn't exactly know where they were heading. Season 3 did a decent job at continuing after Jimmy's death, even though the plot was kinda dumber and the villain kind of cartoonish (still was a lot of fun), but 3 and 4 wasted time that could have been used to spotlight real life gangsters. Rothstein for example seemed be being set-up as Nucky's big nemesis, but in the end, due to the lack of time, they kill him off-screen through a timeskip.

I co-sign on the peaky blinders recommendation I found it on Netflix only watched cause I say Murphy and Hardy in the cast credits and man what a gem of a show Sam Neill is phenomenal in it

and the final 2 seasons of board walk were meh to say the least

when I binge watch it again I will only see the first 3 seasons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"