• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HBO's Girls

Yes, yes she is. But watching her make out with that fat guy in the last episode made me want to throw up. Seriously, if there's one thing this show fails at epically, it's with her character's lovelife. In the real world, a girl that hot would be beating off guys with a stick. But in this universe she's hooked up with:

1. Captain Candyass (the ex-boyfriend) who looks like a really tall 12-year-old.
2. Jorma Taccone... who is... Jorma Taccone.
3. Some annoying Seth Rogen wannabe.

At least she made out with the British babe. That was nice. Would have liked to see more of that.

That's a general problem of the series. It feels more like loosely collected stories of several people instead of four fully-fleshed out young women with problems.

I can't understand how we got from "I didn't give you HPV. I got tested" lie to "woe, is me, I didn't think you even liked me." WTF?!!

Even with low-self esteem, you'd think your three best friends would tell you to drop that turkey.

Yeah, I agree... the show feels really disjointed. I think it might have jumped the shark with the whole Jessa-getting-married bombshell in the finale. I mean... WTF? I know she's impulsive and kinds ****ty, but she MARRIED a guy she literally had NO interest in two episodes ago?

I've been scanning through a few eps of s2 and the semen on the chest scene was :eek: even for HBO!

I'm sorry, but this show just confirms how annoying some women can be imo.

I saw an episode of this last night for the first time.

It makes Sex and the City look like The Wire. How is this on TV?

The last 3 episodes of this season felt like a whole different show. Hannah's anxiety came out of nowhere. Shoshanna and Marnie were acting very out of character. Idk.

Just saw the pilot. Why is this Comedy? It is not even remotely funny.

Just finished the first season. It's a great show, but it is a drama, not comedy. Period.

So yeah. Leah Dunham is everything we have been told she is an more. I have enjoyed the first two seasons, but what is coming out about her is starting to make it difficult. After all, she is kind of playing herself.

Yes, yes she is. But watching her make out with that fat guy in the last episode made me want to throw up. Seriously, if there's one thing this show fails at epically, it's with her character's lovelife. In the real world, a girl that hot would be beating off guys with a stick. But in this universe she's hooked up with:

1. Captain Candyass (the ex-boyfriend) who looks like a really tall 12-year-old.
2. Jorma Taccone... who is... Jorma Taccone.
3. Some annoying Seth Rogen wannabe.

At least she made out with the British babe. That was nice. Would have liked to see more of that.

If its any consolation, Captain Candyass just left the show.

Finished the second season. Didn't make me laugh even once. But it is great drama. I love Adam Driver who plays Adam. The dude is an amazing actor. Dunham is also very good, but I think she overacts sometimes.

Overall, the acting is the best part of this series.

Decided to give this show another show after skipping most of season 3.

Pretty good. Elijah is still my favorite character.

"I rescued a kitten"
"Aw...where is it?"

"....."

LOL!!

Season 3 was so good though!

This episode wasn't that exciting but it seems to be setting up the rest of the season.

I think this show is an example of the problem with the "musical or comedy" category in the Golden Globes. Girls and Orange is the New Black AREN'T comedies, and they sure as hell aren't musicals. They might be classified as dramedies, but I wouldn't even go that far... they're dramas. OITNB is f***ing depressing as hell. I like it, and yeah, there are some funny parts, but generally watching that show just makes me feel like crap. Girls is kinda the same way. I like both shows, but they're not comedies.

It bugs me because there are shows out there that actually ARE comedies, ARE laugh-out-loud funny, and ARE very well-written and they get completely ignored, because apparently comedy shows are only good if they make you cry and/or thoroughly depress you. You're the Worst, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Broad City... these are shows that will probably never win a Golden Globe or an Emmy, but they're much funnier than anything I've ever seen on Girls or OITNB.

I don't know why they don't have a dramedy section yet or make the shows choose one or another, Chris Colfer won for comedy even though his performance was full on drama when Glee won in its first season.

Yeah... they seem to want to only acknowledge comedies (or shows that have some comedy) in that category if they are heavy on dramatic material. That kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

I knew as soon as Hanna arrived in NYC that she would not be happy with the outcome when she comes home.

Does anybody still watch this?

Does anybody still watch this?

I mostly fast forward through a lot of it now. The only things that interest me are Adam and Jessa and anything Ray related. The rest is crap.

I agree with some of your post

I'm still watching this, and I still like it. Adam and Jessa really makes sense somehow; I hope they actually end up together rather than Adam and Hannah getting back together (though that's probably how the show will end). I guess Shoshanna stayed in Tokyo, even though she has no job? I hope we find out what's happening with her next week.

I feel bad for Ray. He may have won that election but his business is going down the tubes and he didn't get either girl he pined after.

Speaking of which, I think Desi has topped my list of "TV Characters I Absolutely Hate." I always thought he was a hipster *****e but he gets worse in every episode. I didn't think it was possible for him to be any more of an imbecile after that wedding episode but he somehow got WORSE this week. The whole thing with him and Marnie makes sense though, if you think about it. I've met so many girls like her who will blindly chase after some loser/jackass/idiot/psycho/all of the above because they think he's so talented or whatever.

Yeah Sunday's episode was good. I like Adam and Jessa they just seem to fit together perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"