HBO's Insecure

Hahaha. Not everyone, but it's a good illustration of the types of thoughts people can get when they get ghosted.

Of course Molly thinking she did the right thing by telling Nathan to leave when he wanted to make up to Issa would backfire.

Curious if he'll still be around next season now that he's back.

I'm of two minds about it. I agree that Issa's birthday was bad timing on Nathan's part. But, with Nathan's explanation, it sounds like he's got a lot going on. It would be disappointing if they don't get to have a fuller conversation about why he left. I think it he'll be around next season and it would be unavoidable with Molly trying to set things right with Andrew at least.

Also, this was me with Issa's possible new friend/Lawrence's possible new girlfriend...

Something interesting that was mentioned on the Insecure after show on Afterbuzz: at the end of season one Issa is crying outside (due to Lawrence leaving) on the couch they threw away. End of season two she's basically homeless and ends up crashing on Daniel's couch.This season ends with her smiling on her own couch, trying to get her apartment (and presumably her life) in order.

As for Nathan I think he'll be back and it sounds like he's dealing with some issues, possibly depression. I also wonder if the Molly & Andrew situation is Issa's/the writer's way of poking fun of the "controversy" from her book. Don't know how that lined up with the writing and shooting of this latest season, though.

Yeah, I saw someone say something similar on Twitter and Prentice Penny said that's what they were going for...
giphy.gif

Nathan definitely is going to open up some more mental health issues that people deal with, especially Black men.

I wouldn't be surprised if Issa and co. are using Andrew as a reference to her book. And coincidentally, the actor dating a Black woman in real life.

New trailer is out. Ten-episode season starting on April 12th.

Another season was never in doubt in my mind. Rae has said she knows how many seasons there will be, but she ain't telling lol.

I wish so badly Issa and Molly would just work it out. Their fight tonight was hard, and I think Molly is overreacting. They were doing so good during the Wobble.

Nah man I’m Team Molly on this one. Sure she can fly off the handle but like she said, she was setting boundaries and Issa should’ve respected that. That fight felt so real.

I loved Molly’s “I ordered a seafood tower for four and she bailed, thats a lot of mercury for three people!” line lmao.

I've been Team Molly this entire season and last night's episode solidified my frustration of Issa. Although both are at fault for their friendship turning sour, Molly is clearly the more mature and direct.

Can't say I've ever been asked to show my room key when asking for a towel...but that's because I just bring one.

Molly calling that b**ch out was the right move. Loved the pool scene too.

The last few hotels I've stayed at in Mexico have always asked for a room key in exchange for a towel so that wasn't a shock to me. I'm so glad Molly called her therapist at the end of the episode.

I'm #teamIssa. Molly's insecurities are literally running wild. Issa is actually doing something with her life and sometimes that requires a little more support from your friends. Molly, on the other hand, is battling "demons" in her head (her relationship, feeling threatened by Issa's new friendship, career issues, lingering anger at her father's infidelity). She's now projecting all her frustration on Issa because she can't do it to her boyfriend and she can't do it at her job.

Yeah after this episode I’m defecting to Team Issa now.

I love Molly, but I can’t defend her after tonight’s episode. Issa literally did everything to reconnect and try and she just did nothing.

Yeah after this episode I’m defecting to Team Issa now.

I love Molly, but I can’t defend her after tonight’s episode. Issa literally did everything to reconnect and try and she just did nothing.

I’m a bit torn here. Molly showed that when she’s wronged, she’s almost unable to meet someone halfway—the same was seen with Justin and the basketball game. However, she made a valid point that pretending things are alright by not addressing the problems that got you there in the first place isn’t a true friendship.

I’m a bit torn here. Molly showed that when she’s wronged, she’s almost unable to meet someone halfway—the same was seen with Justin and the basketball game. However, she made a valid point that pretending things are alright by not addressing the problems that got you there in the first place isn’t a true friendship.

But you know what, when they were at that diner, Molly should've taken her therapist's advice and just did the work with Issa. Issa reached out to her first, they both love each other, instead of keeping her face in the menu, Molly should've been grown and said hey let's hash this out about the block party.

But her main flaw is that you have to kiss her ass, and that's just not how the world and friendships work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"