Hear me Out: Clooney in Batman & Robin

Bale in Newsies, Bale in Little Women, Bale in American Psycho, Bale in The Machinist is not Bale in Batman Begins. How many of his films have you actually even seen? Cause to me any obvious film lover, or people with any knowledge of acting, can definitly see the MAJOR difference in the characters he plays.

Took the words out of my mouth.

And as for Clooney's Wayne, it was closer to what Bruce would have been had his parents not died. He didn't seem as empty as Keaton or Kilmer. Thinking back on it, he stated in an interview at one poinf that they were "taking Batman in a new direction. He's not going to be obsessed with his parent's death."
I'll say it again, "He's not going to be obsessed with his parent's death."

WTF? Is this an Elseworlds Tale? Batman can't get over their deaths. That's part of why he's f***ing Batman!

LOL. It's just Bale's style. He plays his own onscreen persona in every film.
You'd be the only one in the world who thinks that. If you said Jack Nicholson? I could roll with you. But Christian Bale? You're out of your damn mind. Newsies? Rescue Dawn? Harsh Times? All dramatically different. This comment is amazingly remedial.

for what he had to work with clooney was a good bruce wayne

batman however.................

I don't think he was impressive as Bruce Wayne. He looked like he was about to burst out laughing a lot of the time. He brought no depth or gravity to the character, IMO. Although to be fair, that script did him no favours!

And his Batman was atrocious. "Hi Freeze. I'm Batman." *shudder*

If i remember correctly, in B&R, Batman pulled out a Bat-credit card. I can only imagine how he applied for that.

First Name: Batman
Last Name: Batman
Address: Batcave
Phone Number: Bat-Signal

what tha hell

If i remember correctly, in B&R, Batman pulled out a Bat-credit card. I can only imagine how he applied for that.

First Name: Batman
Last Name: Batman
Address: Batcave
Phone Number: Bat-Signal

what tha hell

:lmao:

THAT is funny.

Clooney probably has the best look for the character but that's about as far as it goes.

I've been thinking this for a while now, if they had decided to take Batman back to a darker place rather than making a campy movie, Clooney could've been good.

If only Schumacher had just tried to pay a straight homage to BTAS rather than picking and choosing what he wants to rip from it (i.e. defeating Two-Face in Forever, Freeze's motivation in B&R).

Clooney would've thrived as Bruce in a 100% Art Deco throwback setting with more serious, accomplished actors actors and a better director around him challenging him as an actor to turn it into something great. Maybe had he had the right direction he could've played Batman as well, rather than just playing Bruce Wayne wearing a funny nippled bat-themed muscle suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"