The Dark Knight Heath Ledger's diary

mclay18

Avenger
Reaction score
We all knew Ledger kept a journal before and during filming of TDK to refine his performance as the Joker. But we never saw it until now.

In the documentary Too Young to Die, his father shows this diary to the camera and talks briefly about the hospital scene. (You can also see Ledger's Oscar in the background.)

So fascinating. I know Ledger took some cues from A Clockwork Orange, but the level of notes and influences pasted in the journal are so detailed. Also like the anecdote that Heath's siblings had him dress up a nurse when he was a kid and noticed how funny he looked in it.

Yeah it's strange this is a year and a half old, but it's just going viral now.

Anyway I spotted several Joker comic clippings including, Killing Joke, Laughing Fish, and Grant Morrison's prose Joker story in Batman #663. That's where Heath got that list of things Joker would find amusing like AIDS, blind babies, landmines etc.

He also had pics of hyenas in there.

I bussed his and Michelle's table at a restaurant in NYC back in 2007. He was a really nice guy, down to earth. You probably wouldn't realize it was him if it wasn't for his height and presence. God bless him.

I bussed his and Michelle's table at a restaurant in NYC back in 2007. He was a really nice guy, down to earth. You probably wouldn't realize it was him if it wasn't for his height and presence. God bless him.

You lucky devil. Was this during his time filming TDK?

Lol, I just picked up their plates. Was February 2007, pretty sure before. I remember thinking "COOL!" when I heard he was cast.

I heard he had a joker diary... didn't know it was actually real lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"