Heavy Rain - Light info appears and two vague screenshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shows promise this time, but I think some aspects like just missing scenes if a character dies suck. That's not deep, or game changing imo.

It shows promise this time, but I think some aspects like just missing scenes if a character dies suck. That's not deep, or game changing imo.

But...it does change the game. When or if one character dies then it will effect the story for the others.

I am loving everything I see so far from this game. I can see it will have a polarizing effect on people. Some will really like it and some will just say "meh".

Did you see the show or read what I wrote. They specifically said that how and when the character died would directly effect the storyline of the others. If they live up to that it should be more than just missing scenes.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3174347

Gameplay footage from 1UP. Nothing we didn't see on GTTV, except for the end of poor Mad Jack. Nothing much here that we didn't hear on GTTV, but some may still want to take a gander at this

I read the IGN hands on where is said if characters died, you just missed there scenes. We all know what happened last time someone misread your stuff damnit!

Wouldn't that add to the replay value though? The same goes for the scenario they showed. If you snoop behind the garage, you can find the car and skip the whole fight/interrogation scene(s).

I read the IGN hands on where is said if characters died, you just missed there scenes. We all know what happened last time someone misread your stuff damnit!

I didn't read the IGN write up. I was just going by what was said on the GTTV interview. He made it sound like it would direct effect the story of the other characters

I am loving everything I see so far from this game. I can see it will have a polarizing effect on people. Some will really like it and some will just say "meh".

I agree, I saw this stuff on GTTV last night, I just didn't post, but I thought it looked amazing, especially the club scene, DAMN,:eek::up: some areas could use a little touch up here and there, which I'm sure will happen during the course of development!!!:D:up:

I can't get GTTV to work for me atm, but I watched the 1up video which actually made it look pretty good.

Yea those pics look a hell of alot better than what i saw on GTTV. Looks good.

Yeah. And the QTE is looking pretty good too.

Now the death of characters makes sense, considering you've got four characters to play.

The new gameplay footage kinda killed it for me, doesn't look that great imo.
I felt exactly the same way after the GT TV episode.
Even the graphics don´t look as good as people said it would (but they look great).
I still think that this game will be on the 360 or PC (or both) later on.

BTW, i find funny that every game that goes on the exclusive on the PS3, the guys involved always say "This can only be accomplished on the PS3", when we know that it is pure BS (except for the blu-ray part).
Sony must have them all at gun point to say that.

And before anyone goes around calling me MS fanboy, i´m only saying this because they say that in every exclusive game.

Well I think one of the main parts they are saying that for is space constraints. They just have more space on a disc to use with a Blu-ray disc. More free space = less limitations. From the sounds of it a lot of work and detail is being put into this game I am sure its going to be using up quite a bit of that space thats available to them.

I agree the graphics weren't as great as I had been lead to believe. But they're still damn good. I don't think anyone should let graphics, no matter how "unimpressive" they are impede they're enjoyment of a game. I mean after playing the inFAMOUS demo, I'm really excited to play the full version and that game is extremely rough around the edges. Also I thought the whole "only possible on PS3" was pure BS while I was playing MGS4 until I got to some later areas where the game looked astonishingly good.

Last edited:
Isildur´s Heir;16961245 said:
I felt exactly the same way after the GT TV episode.
Even the graphics don´t look as good as people said it would (but they look great).
I still think that this game will be on the 360 or PC (or both) later on.

BTW, i find funny that every game that goes on the exclusive on the PS3, the guys involved always say "This can only be accomplished on the PS3", when we know that it is pure BS (except for the blu-ray part).
Sony must have them all at gun point to say that.

And before anyone goes around calling me MS fanboy, i´m only saying this because they say that in every exclusive game.

Considering how it's published and at least partially funded by Sony, it has about the same chance of Gears going to the PS3. It's possible, but most likely there's a lot of red tape that would prevent it

I guess most of you guys saw different footage then myself, because I was quite impressed with both the GTTV presentation as well as the 1UP hands-on of the game.

Last edited:
Considering how it's published and at least partially funded by Sony, it has about the same chance of Gears going to the PS3. It's possible, but most likely there's a lot of red tape that would prevent it.
Well, it that´s the case, Sony is much smarter than Microsoft on the exclusive angle of things, because the 360 "exclusives" tend to go to the PS3 sooner or later.
That, or Microsoft doesn´t care much about exclusives anymore (which many are saying).

I agree the graphics weren't as great as I had been lead to believed. But they're still damn good. I don't think anyone should let graphics, no matter how "unimpressive" they are impede they're enjoyment of a game. I mean after playing the inFAMOUS demo, I'm really excited to play the full version and that game is extremely rough around the edges. Also I thought the whole "only possible on PS3" was pure BS while I was playing MGS4 until I got to some later areas where the game looked astonishingly good.

See, I'd agree with that statement, if Heavy Rain had real gameplay. The graphics in that video are not very good, especially when compared to something like MGS4. The last fight in MGS4 is almost an interactive cut scene, but with real gameplay mixed in, and it looks amazing. All they are doing is rendering cutscenes with different outcomes, this game should look amazing but it doesn't.

The graphics are not impressive, especially after that video of the girl crying which was all Heavy Rain showed for quite some time. Even the video of the girl in the house with the guy attacking her looked better then this junk yard stuff.

Isildur´s Heir;16961751 said:
Well, it that´s the case, Sony is much smarter than Microsoft on the exclusive angle of things, because the 360 "exclusives" tend to go to the PS3 sooner or later.
That, or Microsoft doesn´t care much about exclusives anymore (which many are saying).

I don't know how much official info has been stated on the subject, but when it was first unveiled it was suppose to be a PC & PS3 game, and I remember them saying they were seeking a publisher and funding and the casting demo was kind of like their pitch. A few months later it was announced Sony would be publishing the game and the PC version was canned. So, it's most likely that they stepped in to do both

See, I'd agree with that statement, if Heavy Rain had real gameplay. The graphics in that video are not very good, especially when compared to something like MGS4. The last fight in MGS4 is almost an interactive cut scene, but with real gameplay mixed in, and it looks amazing. All they are doing is rendering cutscenes with different outcomes, this game should look amazing but it doesn't.

The graphics are not impressive, especially after that video of the girl crying which was all Heavy Rain showed for quite some time. Even the video of the girl in the house with the guy attacking her looked better then this junk yard stuff.

Yeah, I guess that settles it, I did see different footage, or my expectations were lower then everyone else. I thought the graphics looked very pretty damn great myself.

And Heavy Rain's gameplay is 'real', it's just not conventional gameplay. It's suppose to be like an interactive movie, like IP was. It's like an evolved (or maybe spin-off) of older point and click games, I think most would consider that 'real'

^Yeah, and aside from the QTE stuff there is "real" gameplay where you're walking around investigating and stuff. I thought the little scene of the guy getting out of his car and walking through the rain hunched over with his arms crossed looked great. It's little touches and details like that that are going to seperate this game others.

I like the fact that it is different. The industry is so inundated with Shooters and Hack and Slash games right now. No cutscenes, straight gameplay and the QTE are great diversions from what is out there right now.

As far as the graphics go, I recommend everyone watch the interview I posted earlier. The game has not been polished yet and is still in Alpha stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"