Heavy Rain - Light info appears and two vague screenshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I can't wait. I've got the movie-style poster with the origami swan as my wallpaper at work. :)

You apply make-up in this game. S.U.C.K.

Not me man. I'm going to rock the natural look.

I can't believe I just typed that. :(

I don't know, I just assumed Electro knew what he was talking about.

Oh, I see.

I'll probably end up jabbing her in the eye with mascara or smearing lipstick all over the place or something. Haha.

Well, that kind of one of those things that comes along with these types of games. I remember back in IP when you were going through eating and drinking after waking up with a character.

They could just do all that with a cutscene, but I guess they want it to be possible not to succeed so you get the chose how much you sex it up. Those French I tell you

Well, that kind of one of those things that comes along with these types of games. I remember back in IP when you were going through eating and drinking after waking up with a character.

They could just do all that with a cutscene, but I guess they want it to be possible not to succeed so you get the chose how much you sex it up. Those French I tell you

Yeah... that's why I hated Indigo Prophecy...

The point seems to be immersion. QD seem to like immersing people in the world as much as possible. You could do QTE's to make Lucas play his guitar to kill time in IP, so having to put on makeup to progress the story in HR doesn't seem so bad. Frankly, any time spent actually doing something in the game rather than sitting there watching a cutscene is time well spent to me.

Yeah... that's why I hated Indigo Prophecy...

So why are you getting upset when the makers of that game are doing similar things with this game? Wasn't it expected? I never played Indigo Prophecy but I dig the concept. I mean at least it stands out and offers something different than the other PS3 games out there.

So why are you getting upset when the makers of that game are doing similar things with this game? Wasn't it expected? I never played Indigo Prophecy but I dig the concept. I mean at least it stands out and offers something different than the other PS3 games out there.

Well seeing as Indigo Prophecy didn't get the greatest reviews, and what we've seen of Heavy Rain so far with junkyard fights etc, I had hoped Quantic Dream had learned. Evidently not.

Watching the video, it occurs to me that the way they implemented the makeup, it basically is a cutscene. It's just a "choose your own adventure"-style cutscene, where it progresses to a certain point and you can decide whether to put on mascara or lipstick or whatever and then progress based on your decision. It's hardly a big deal, just an interactive cutscene.

Indigo Prophecy got pretty good reviews overall actually. According to metacritic and gamerankings the games have around 80-85%. Considering how there's a decent sized group of people who will hate this genre by default, that's actually really good.

Yeah, the adventure genre's got a lot stacked against it. You either love it or hate it, it seems.
Well seeing as Indigo Prophecy didn't get the greatest reviews, and what we've seen of Heavy Rain so far with junkyard fights etc, I had hoped Quantic Dream had learned. Evidently not.
At least they learned from the last bit of Indigo Prophecy. They promised no aliens or sci fi magic for Heavy Rain, thankfully. :D

Personally I really enjoyed the mundane stuff in Indigo Prophecy. It really made the world come alive and seem more realistic. Obviously I wouldn't want to do that kind of stuff in most games, but I can get into it every once in a while.

Umm you are kidding right? From Wikipedia...

"Fahrenheit (Known as Indigo Prophecy in North America) is also their first game to be launched to worldwide critical acclaim, receiving multiple awards and nominations prior to its release, with high ratings from all major gaming publications.[2] According to the official Quantic Dream website, Fahrenheit has sold over 800,000 units worldwide since it was released. "

Well the plot is alot more promising right now, I'll give it that. But if I buy the game, I buy it for murder mystery. A lot of IP wasn't murder mystery.

Personally I really enjoyed the mundane stuff in Indigo Prophecy. It really made the world come alive and seem more realistic. Obviously I wouldn't want to do that kind of stuff in most games, but I can get into it every once in a while.
The story's what matters for me. HR is shaping up to be a great interactive crime novel, basically, which I love. It reminds me in some ways of Dreamfall, which also didn't have a lot of stuff to do in the sense of conventional video games but whose story oozed awesome from every figurative pore.

Umm you are kidding right? From Wikipedia...

"Fahrenheit (Known as Indigo Prophecy in North America) is also their first game to be launched to worldwide critical acclaim, receiving multiple awards and nominations prior to its release, with high ratings from all major gaming publications.[2] According to the official Quantic Dream website, Fahrenheit has sold over 800,000 units worldwide since it was released. "

I said it didn't get the greatest reviews. An 83% average of metacritic means it didn't get the greatest reviews.

It does mean it got pretty good reviews all around, though. And I bet a lot of the reviews chopped off some points for that wacky ending, which is valid but somewhat unfairly detracts from the goodness of the game's earlier parts. It's more of a caveat than a negative criticism of the game as a whole, as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, Dreamfall was awesome. The story is very important to me as well, but I liked Indigo Prophecy a lot because it was so different from like 99% of all the other games I had played. I said it before, but it's really too bad that there aren't more games of this type.

Completely agree. Maybe Heavy Rain will be the genre's breakout hit and we'll start to see some more, though. I've got my fingers crossed.

Oh, and I just bought a PS3 earlier today, mostly in anticipation of HR. I'm sure I can't be the only one this excited for the game, either. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"