Hellboy 2 gets a new title

TheVileOne said:
It did ok internationally. Didn't exactly double the domestic gross.

Well, perhaps if the distributors hadn't had a severe dose of the terrors and released the film internationally within a month or so of the U.S. release, then it may have done even better. It was ridiculous at best, and the amount of queries etc. I had from non-U.S. film goers eager to see the film was enormous. They couldn't understand the delay, and the distributors played right into the hands of DVD pirates. And yes, I know the beggars pirate everything anyway, but such a spread in release dates didn't help one iota.

The film lost impetus, when it should have ridden the buzz from the States (which was excellent, BTW) and hit cinemas within a couple of weeks of the U.S. release. Instead they had to haul GdT, Ron Perlman and Selma Blair around Europe for nigh on 2 months, drumming up business for the film. A pointless drain on a limited marketing budget, just because some Suits got cold feet.

Sigh. I feel better now. :O

HM

Hellmistress said:
Well, perhaps if the distributors hadn't had a severe dose of the terrors and released the film internationally within a month or so of the U.S. release, then it may have done even better. It was ridiculous at best, and the amount of queries etc. I had from non-U.S. film goers eager to see the film was enormous. They couldn't understand the delay, and the distributors played right into the hands of DVD pirates. And yes, I know the beggars pirate everything anyway, but such a spread in release dates didn't help one iota.

The film lost impetus, when it should have ridden the buzz from the States (which was excellent, BTW) and hit cinemas within a couple of weeks of the U.S. release. Instead they had to haul GdT, Ron Perlman and Selma Blair around Europe for nigh on 2 months, drumming up business for the film. A pointless drain on a limited marketing budget, just because some Suits got cold feet.

Sigh. I feel better now. :O

HM

YOU GO GIRL, LOL.

I just question how serious the studio is about the sequel actually happening.

I'm sure the creators are serious. But convincing the studios to cough up the money is harder.

Surely the studio's know they have a potential big hit on their hands though. Many people enjoyed the original and would most likely go and see a sequel, HB 2 would more than likely make more than the first movie.

We all hope it gets made JM, but whether it does or not is up in the air right now.

Aye its like punisher 2 very fustrating...

cthulhu said:
Aye its like punisher 2 very fustrating...

Exactly, and Hulk 2. Hulk 2, Hellboy 2 and Punisher 2 are all movies that i would go and see in a heartbeat. I really hope the ball gets rolling on all three soon.

LoGaN's RuNNer said:
What is the release date on this? 2007?

Theoretically, if studios can get their fingers out, sort the budgeting package and get this film on the road.

HM

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"