Hellboy: Sword of Storms

TrailerCues

Sidekick
Reaction score
Premiering Oct. 28

In the final days of World War II, a demon was summoned from the fiery depths of Hell to wage war. This child of darkness was rescued by the Allies. Dubbed Hellboy, he was raised to serve the cause of good versus evil. From the mind of Michael Mignola comes a new animated feature that continues the comic book and motion picture saga, Hellboy: Sword of Storms will air Saturday, Oct. 28, at 9:30 p.m. (ET, PT) during Toonami.

When a university professor opens a forbidden scroll, he is possessed by the twin demons of thunder and lightning who seek to return to the world to wake their brothers, the dragons. Hellboy, along with a folklore expert and a psychic, travels to Japan to investigate. There, Hellboy finds the sword of storms, the only weapon that can defeat the demons, and he is transported to a world where he encounters several creatures of Japanese folklore. He learns the sword is the only weapon that can defeat the demons, but it also holds the magic that will return them to Earth.

In Hellboy: Sword of Storms, several actors from the 2004 Guillermo del Toro-directed live-action movie lend their voices to this feature, including Ron Perlman (Hellboy), Selma Blair (Liz Sherman) and Doug Jones (Abe Sapien). Mike Mignola co-wrote the movies story. Phil Weinstein and Tad Stones direct the movie. Guillermo del Toro and Mike Mignola are creative producers. Hellboy: Sword of Storms is produced by Film Roman, a Starz Media Company and is distributed worldwide for television and on DVD/video by Starz Media, LLC. Starz Media, LLC has licensed all animation rights to the Hellboy franchise from Revolution Studios. In partnership with Revolution Studios, Film Roman is developing and producing animated content for television and home entertainment as well as a full range of integrated marketing applications across all categories.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/hellboynews.php?id=4814

I watched the sneak peak at YouTube and I really liked it!
Looks like the comic so its going to be awsome!
And the original actors gave them their vioces :yay: \m/
And cant w8 4 Hellboy2!

can't wait for this...or hellboy 2. i don't have cable though so i'll have to wait for a torrent.

I'm going to wait for a DVD release and rent it.

^ And you KNOW CN won't re-air it since it actually sounds like a GOOD cartoon!

Prognosticator said:
^ And you KNOW CN won't re-air it since it actually sounds like a GOOD cartoon!
I wish they would air it again today for Halloween. :csad:

i taped it its an excellent addition to my,or ANYONES superhero movie collection

^ When's it out on DVD?

...I bet it's better than the Avengers movie. I was thoroughly disappointed in that!

Was I the only one to actually catch this?

It felt like a good blend between the movie and the comics, and it was amazing what all they got away with. Considering the next movie's title, I'm wondering if we're going to get a slightly edited version on CN.

Doug Jones as Abe's voice was a little shocking, but well done. For some reason he reminded me of Baxter Stockman's early appearances from the new TMNT cartoon. I'm still not 100% on Liz's portrayal, partly because I don't particularly like Selma Blair, and because I'm used to her from the comics. She's not ugly, but she's not supposed to be a fashion model, and they took her closer to that side than I would've liked. The strange thing about the two of them was the sexual tension. There's a bit of that in the books, and it will be interesting to see how they develop it.

Peri Gilpin was great as Kate Corrigan, but I've come to expect that from her voicework.

Of course, Ron Perlman was awesome, totally in-character, and put in a great performance. It's good to see the hooves come back, and Hellboy didn't seem pared down or edited in any way.

I'm really looking forward to Blood and Iron.

Its gotta air again soon...they should show it atleast once everyother week or once a month before the dvd or the official series is announced.
Anyone know? I really wanted to see it...but my girlfriends dvr...had too many shows recording...and I got home 45mins late from work and assumed there was gonna be an encore right after it aired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"