Hellsing

Swordmaster

Big Damn Hero
Reaction score
I caught Hellsing on some Animidnight thing on on eof the Encore channels (they're showing thre episodes a night this week, with four on Friday, thus showing the entire series in one week) and was greatly impressed. I know it does not follow the manga well, but the OVA does.

What are your thoughts on Hellsing?

Alucard is a badass

I, too am watching them on the Encore channels.
They show marathons like crazy.

WAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! Why do you tease me so?! :( I don't get all those fancy channels :( I'd have to pay extra for them :( Why is tv so mean to me? :(

Hellsing is a great horror series. The english dub on it is actually better than the japanese dubs :eek: One of the few animes where I can say that.

I'm glad they're doing an OVA series that's gonna stretch the series out more from 13 episodes to 25. Now I wished they hurried up with the rest. So far they've only release 1 OVA which came out last summer.

Crispin Freeman OWNS as Alucard, I must say. I find whenever I'm watching I'm waiting for Alucard to show up.

Hellsing has the freakiest vampire I've ever seen.

Alucard, of course. He's the scariest vampire ever. He has a hellhound inside of him, and that caraspace with the many eyes. On top of that he takes a special joy in his work which is just gruesome, and yet artistic. He's more noble than the average bloodsucker, but he's also beyond Hannibal Lecter. It becomes obvious the Jackal and the Cassel aren't his favorite tools of killing. It's more like he's amused by Man's ingenuity to create them. Maybe that's why he likes Walter. He's got style and a fearsome bloodlust in battle.

Well, Alucard is pretty much Dracula. I get the sense he's at least somehwat evil, but he fights for Hellsing because He's forced to, but he also enjoys it.

And when he gets to Release Form Level One...whoa

I don't know if Alucard is an unwilling servant of Hellsing. He has a more fun and a greater challenge fighting the fakes and other monsters, as opposed to humans. From the anime, humans don't seem to be a mortal threat to him.

Well, the fact that he was restrained before Integra freed him lends some evidence to the claim. But the nobility and grace which he accepts his orders hinders it. It's an interesting topic, to say the least.

I found it interesting that in the anime after he impaled Incognito that his face became that of Vlad the Impaler's for a moment

It must have been for those who still didn't realize who Alucard really was. I got the impression he didn't name himself Alucard. The same with Incognito. Giving him a new name might have been part of the binding spell, since names are important in sorcery.

Yeah. He mentioned that his name was something of an enigma, and that his previous master called him Alucard

I had never heard of this until I recently borrowed the dvd box set from a person I work with...It was f-ing cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"