Annihilation

The words "Finish Him" went through my head with this scene. :O

Conquest wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good as the first one. That isn't a bad thing though...I think it was still a pretty awesome story.

I'm really looking forward to War of Kings. :up:
I agree but I think parts of Conquest were better than parts of Annihilation. The Conquest Prologue, for example, was awesome. And the Starlord mini was awesome. And the Nova tie-in was as awesome, if not better than the first Nova mini.

Yep, Conquest was great.

Anything that involved Peter Quill and his ragtag band of misfits was awesome. :up:

Expecially Groot. Groot is the ultimate in badassedness of badassery.

It's a shame DnA apparently can't write Groot at all. He says more than his name, guys. Come on.

I kinda always attributed that to him regrowing himself so he's going from being a baby/adolescent to adult where he can form full sentences and what not. But once he gets back to a reasonable size and keeps up the "GROOT ################## GROOT GROOT!!! ######## GROOT!" I'm gonna be a little upset.

All he said was "Groot" in the Conquest series itself, too. Before he got blown up and had to regrow from sapling status.

That was so long ago I don't remember it :(

I do plan on reading through both Annihilation and Conquest again this weekend though. Are there any complete HC trades for either of them yet? Cause I'd love to get one of those if there are.

He is Groot.
This is all that matters.

But we'll never see him say stuff like "Groot is diminished but no less Groot" anymore. :(

I love the Groot anyways. :O

Plus one thing that makes up for the lack of Groot is the banter between Rocket and Cosmo. :D :up:

I still wonder where he went, since they have yet to explain that.

I'm hoping they revive the Micronauts though, and then explain it there. :up:

Why was it that Groot grew back so fast in Conquest?
And why hasn't that been implemented to make him grow back now?

I wasn't sure if that was relevant since all that they had to start him up again either time was a twig.
In my mind so long as they had remnants of Groot, he could be regrown... But I guess maybe if his corporeal form gets really trashed he doesn't grow back as fast?
Doesn't make full sense to me.

Technically, he should be growing back even quicker this time, since Mantis is taking care of him.

Truth be told, the reason he grew back so quick last time, was so that he could be the plot device that destroyed the spire. I'm sure that is why.

As of right now, there is no need to have him full size...mostly since they probably won't know what to do with him when he is. Right now, he can be the butt of certain running jokes they have going in GOTG.

That's what Cosmo and Rocket are for though

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"