Far From Home Helmet, yes or no?

I absolutely detest that about the MCU. :cmad:

It's one of the reasons why I hate Black Panther, Iron Man & Spiderman's new suits from the BP & IW movie(s). At every single opportunity the CGI mask comes off to show the actor's face & I can't stand it.

[RANT]I don't know whether it's an actor thing or a studio thing, but keep their f-ing masks/helmets on, just because there is a lull in the action does not mean it needs to come off just in case the audience is so stupid they forgot who was playing the character. :wall:[/RANT]

They don't do it with the villains as often as they do it with the heroes though, so I wouldn't stress too much. Keaton is arguably an even bigger name than Gyllenhaal, yet Vulture kept his helmet on in each of the battles up until the very end. Even the shots from inside the helmet were just his eyes. If they insist on having Mysterio's face visible, they can just make it opaque and distorted like in some other media.

Last edited:
They don't do it with the villains as often as they do it with the heroes though, so I wouldn't stress too much. Keaton is arguably an even bigger name than Gyllenhaal, yet Vulture kept his helmet on in each of the battles up until the very end. Even the shots from inside the helmet were just his eyes. If they insist on having Mysterio's face visible, they can just make it opaque and distorted like in some other media.

Hope so mate. :up:

I'd be fine with that!

I voted yes to the crystal ball helmet. Mysterio isn’t going fro practical so they should definitely have fun with it. Without that fishbowl, why call him Mysterio? We could just have him in a black trench coat with his hair slicked back and look like a street magician, if we want to do the “realism!!!” But that’s not as fun...

I absolutely love that 93% of the poll said yes to the Helmut lol

Very few of them actually have helmets and/or masks though to actually do it with outside of Vulture who I do agree while he did have his off, it wasn't at as stupid of times.

Off the top of my head Iron Monger, Whiplash, Yellowjacket & Killmonger. Yellowjacket was the only one that kept his on for the entirety of the action scenes, Killmonger's came off & on when he's mid-battle just to speak a few words & then Whiplash did the same taking his off at the most moronic & pointless of times.

The only one that was actually done & written well was Iron Monger as Tony was shown ripping something out of his back that disabled his vision resulting in him having to open his armour in order to see.

here's a question...

if they go fishbowl/ does Spidey make a "bobble boy" joke lol

here's a question...

if they go fishbowl/ does Spidey make a "bobble boy" joke lol

Mysterio absolutely must get roasted for the helmet, it's tradition. He was mocked the very first time he appeared in the comics!

Fishbowl is Mysterio. Gotta have it!!

100% yes for the helmet, just like the Lizard should have had his cape on in TASM for more than 10 seconds.

Only if "modernized" looks like a transparent fishbowl.

Well maybe they could find an alien fishbowl laying around from the events of the Avengers i suppose.

I will even happily see fish swimming in the fish bowl as one of Mysterio's illusions. Keep it simple. No changing it to look more "bad ass". It's great as it is with an opaque surface and completely spherical and non-descript look.

Exactamundo. That's a cool thought about the fish, too. :) I could dig it as a visual gag.

But yep, as close as you can get to that with real-world materials, basically. Bright green & yellow & purple coloring to boot.

latest

Personally I was fine with the new & more visually-grounded take with Vulture, totally worked. But Mysterio's one you want to go all-out with, he's just that type of character. Go nuts, make him the wackiest thing we've seen in the MCU outside of Ragnarok. Creepy, yes, a real threat, yes, but also just weird & flamboyant up the wazoo. Have Gyllenhaal put on a silly voice while in the helmet, the works.

We haven't really got that yet in the MCU, Sakaar/Grandmaster aside. It'll feel like new territory and contrast nicely with the tech-y stuff last time around with Homecoming.

Exactamundo. That's a cool thought about the fish, too. :) I could dig it as a visual gag.

But yep, as close as you can get to that with real-world materials, basically. Bright green & yellow & purple coloring to boot.

latest

Personally I was fine with the new & more visually-grounded take with Vulture, totally worked. But Mysterio's one you want to go all-out with, he's just that type of character. Go nuts, make him the wackiest thing we've seen in the MCU outside of Ragnarok. Creepy, yes, a real threat, yes, but also just weird & flamboyant up the wazoo. Have Gyllenhaal put on a silly voice while in the helmet, the works.

We haven't really got that yet in the MCU, Sakaar/Grandmaster aside. It'll feel like new territory and contrast nicely with the tech-y stuff last time around with Homecoming.

I think having fish swimming in there can create a slight sense of alarm. The person seeing it is going to wonder if there's even a head in that helmet at all, because it seems to be filled entirely with water. You want to unsettle someone else as much as possible.

So like Zordon?:funny:

I'd be ok with that.

Mysterio will have his helmet, I'm not worried about that.

Also, it helps with Disney's upcoming Marvel attractions @ their Disney parks if they're going to use Vulture or Mysterio for their rumored Spider-Man ride.*

*I know they used Del Toro/Cooper for the Guardians ride at California Adventure. But it helps when the villains are masked.

There does seem to be broken glass there on the ground in the picture - at least it looks that way to me.

Not sure they'd stick to such a fanciful & crazy theatrical look for him if they were going to omit the fishbowl, either. Given how awesome looneybags bat**** that outfit is (for a human, heh, would be run-of-the-mill for a Asgardian or whatever :D ) I feel pretty confident we're getting it. This could be final battle stuff, Beck's back against the wall after a big throwdown with Pete in which he loses the headgear and his whole Penn-and-Teller-on-crack facade is starting to lose influence, now everyone just knows he's some schmuck with weird talent sense and a penchant for trickery.

Not really digging the shiney light-up chest stuff though, hope they're not going "tech-y" with him.

There does seem to be broken glass there on the ground in the picture - at least it looks that way to me.

Not sure they'd stick to such a fanciful & crazy theatrical look for him if they were going to omit the fishbowl, either. Given how awesome looneybags bat**** that outfit is (for a human, heh, would be run-of-the-mill for a Asgardian or whatever :D ) I feel pretty confident we're getting it. This could be final battle stuff, Beck's back against the wall after a big throwdown with Pete in which he loses the headgear and his whole Penn-and-Teller-on-crack facade is starting to lose influence, now everyone just knows he's some schmuck with weird talent sense and a penchant for trickery.

Not really digging the shiney light-up chest stuff though, hope they're not going "tech-y" with him.

The lights are probably some sort of special effect that'll be enhanced in post. If the rumors that this is some sort of second, upgraded costume, then it could be some sort of energy radiating off the suit.

^ That’s basically what we got lol. Pending in the helmet.

The lights are probably some sort of special effect that'll be enhanced in post. If the rumors that this is some sort of second, upgraded costume, then it could be some sort of energy radiating off the suit.

Yeah, I mean, light emanating from Mysterio is more than fine, I'm just hoping it's not from some sort of cosmic-tech source, the sort of thing you'd find in a Thor/Avengers/Guardians movie. It looks awfully in the ballpark of Chitauri stuff there to me, the chestplate and all.

If they keep it all earth-based special-effects-wizardry stuff, go nuts with all the lights and theater you want. That's Mysterio. I'm just hoping it's not like "earth showbiz guy stumbles across _____ crazy outer space macguffin and uses it to his own ends to special-effects-curbstomp the **** out of everyone" dealio. Should all be stuff he's made himself, using earth stuff, to mess with people with flamboyant stage-magician crazy trickery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"