Far From Home Helmet, yes or no?

Maybe they will make him look like David Blaine dressed all in black with slicked back hair.

1fd1430d49d20a2264846c47b8b0e70f.jpg

That looks very nice.

I think the fishbowl head looks incredibly dumb. Having a hard time understanding why it's so popular, honestly.

It's part of the image, nothing is wrong with it.

The helmet, to me, is what makes Mysterio, Mysterio. Without it he's almost a different character.

I voted yes, and I think he will have some kind fishbowl-esque helmet in some form.

If we're going to dispense with the costume, the fishbowl, the theatrics and make him more dark and gritty and frightening, then why bother using Mysterio at all? Why not find a completely different character to use instead who will satisfy all of that?

When we have Doc Ock, he should ditch the tentacles and glasses. Kraven should ditch the beard, animal skins, hunting instincts and knives. He should simply be a rogue FBI agent. :o

I say yes to the helmet. Mysterio the crazy performer is just so much fun to watch!

You have to have the helmet. Part of the great thing about Mysterio is that he is probably the only one who doesn't realize how silly he looks. Spidey verbally tearing him a new one is something I'm dying to see.

If Spidey has all dark and gritty-looking foes who are all intimidating and don't look silly, then that completely loses a big part of Spider-Man lore. Spidey is always making fun of his enemies. How can he possibly do that if they're all scary looking? Why would Spidey even think to do that if they don't look silly at all?

I am a hard no on the fishbowl. It's dated.. pure and simple. Having a gigantic circular ball over your head is 1) a tactical weakness.. easy to hit and 2) not menacing or theatrical at all, and 3) potentially really campy. It's only value is the nostalgia it would bring to some fans, at the expense of looking good or making any sense.

Now, a glass covering like CaptainWagner shows... that's acceptable. Still looks theatrical, still covers his face, still gives it this alien like quality.. but it's updated/modern and not as much of a tactical weakness.

Or, he could wear the glass bowl for like only 2 scenes, when he absolutely has to use it for a specific reason. That'd be acceptable as well.

You make the mistake of thinking this helmet is for any sort of tactical advantage. Lol.

Mysterio's powers are supposed to seem supernatural. Do you feel like Loki or Dr strange have tactical gear on? Those antlers...

Mysterio shouldn't take a punch in a battle with spider man, the first one that lands is a knockout. Until then it's smoke and mirrors and trapdoors.

Full fishbowl for me please.

It'd be cool if he started out with a helmet during a fight and Spider-Man breaks it thinking it'd destroy him and instead, his face goes all Ultimate Universe looking for the rest of the fight.

latest

I think that they could combine some of the psychedelic visuals of Dr Strange with the web swinging of Spider-Man. Imagine having all these buildings curving all over the place and warping, and then having Spider-Man having to swing through these. What an action sequence that would be.

I wouldn't mind a more grounded take on Mysterio but at least give him the iconic helmet, doesn't even need to be that spherical and big, I'd be ok with a reflective faceshell helmet. Here's an artwork I found on reddit, I'd like to see this
qQO55sO.jpg

He has to have the helmet, it's just not negotiable. It'd be like Vulture without his wings or Ock without his arms.

Yeah not having the Helmut is like when a drag queen takes their wig off. Sounds like a good idea at the time but it ruins the fun for everyone

As for his design overall, I want Mysterio looking like he just stumbled out of a Tom Waits song, completely creepy and carnivalesque

I wouldn't mind a more grounded take on Mysterio but at least give him the iconic helmet, doesn't even need to be that spherical and big, I'd be ok with a reflective faceshell helmet. Here's an artwork I found on reddit, I'd like to see this
qQO55sO.jpg

We're so getting this aren't we? :(

It's not bad as an alternate take but I want to see comic Mysterio with a cape and all that. If Dr Strange can get away with his look then Mysterio can.

Sigh....who am I kidding, they got Jake Gyllenhaal....he'll barely wear the fishbowl so they can show off his face. It's the Marvel way, just look at the Infinity War poster, all mask-less, even Spidey. I get why they do it, they want to show the actor acting and that's fine I'm ok with that for scenes were he isn't wearing the suit or has to take the helmet off, but I don't want the design to be hampered by it. By that I mean having Gyllenhaal's face present at all times with the helmet on like this artwork.

This is why I hope that if they ever get around to doing Goblin again, they'll find a way to make this work again.

tumblr_nmlw8m33RS1sykpjyo2_400.gif

At least the actor could show himself acting.

Last edited:
Yes, he must have a helmet. I would prefer it to be a 'fishbowl' type shape, but I would settle for something more egg like so long as it's still glass or some sort of mirror like appearance.

We're so getting this aren't we? :(

It's not bad as an alternate take but I want to see comic Mysterio with a cape and all that. If Dr Strange can get away with his look then Mysterio can.

Sigh....who am I kidding, they got Jake Gyllenhaal....he'll barely wear the fishbowl so they can show off his face. It's the Marvel way, just look at the Infinity War poster, all mask-less, even Spidey. I get why they do it, they want to show the actor acting and that's fine I'm ok with that for scenes were he isn't wearing the suit or has to take the helmet off, but I don't want the design to be hampered by it. By that I mean having Gyllenhaal's face present at all times with the helmet on like this artwork.

This is why I hope that if they ever get around to doing Goblin again, they'll find a way to make this work again.

tumblr_nmlw8m33RS1sykpjyo2_400.gif

At least the actor could show himself acting.

I absolutely detest that about the MCU. :cmad:

It's one of the reasons why I hate Black Panther, Iron Man & Spiderman's new suits from the BP & IW movie(s). At every single opportunity the CGI mask comes off to show the actor's face & I can't stand it.

[RANT]I don't know whether it's an actor thing or a studio thing, but keep their f-ing masks/helmets on, just because there is a lull in the action does not mean it needs to come off just in case the audience is so stupid they forgot who was playing the character. :wall:[/RANT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"