Help a non-believer understand: X3 was great

I figure its kinda hard to have a new director come in and finish a project that someone else started, theres a lot of things that Ratner HAD to do in this movie to make it make sense. It would of been a different movie if Singer had finished it or Ratner was the director from the beginning.. so all things considered it was a fine movie, now i'd like to see what Ratner can do with the X-Men series when hes allowed to start fresh. I like his touch on the movies.

Nathan said:
Not only have you to pretend the comics didn't exist, you also have to pretend that the previous 2 Movies never existed. Then one could've enjoyed the Movie.

Thats just sad.:down

ok enough with the storm vs jean....... this will go on till the end of time lol

xwolverine2 said:
jean = vaporize storm......... PERIOD.

lol... but its true... theres no fight
vapourising, electrocution, drowning, freezing, suffocating, causing havok, it's all the same bag.

what i'm saying is the outward radius of her abilities were fairly limited considering she was letting loose by the end of the film.

if her vapourisation was on the same scale as storm's tornado, people on mainland sanfransisco as well as the whole golden gate bride and all the river surrounding would all either be vaporizing or flowing upwards.

it was a smaller scaled attack then storms, storm 'showed' more range under calmer conditions. that's my point.

xwolverine2 said:
jean = vaporize storm......... PERIOD.

lol... but its true... theres no fight

LOL!

*imagines Storm being demoleculrized into little snowflakes*:p

So would the fans be happy if X4 was made the same way? Same character development, same tone?

crappymovie said:
So would the fans be happy if X4 was made the same way? Same character development, same tone?

Same tone. Yes. Same character development. Yes to some. Although I liked the movie tremendously more than the first two I think there are a couple of characters that need to be expanded or dropped for another movie. And Wolverine needs his balls back.

Howdy

I think all the posts on this board are proof the "fans" will NEVER be happy. You have 50 years of comics your trying to put up on the bog screen every fan has thier own favorite mutant an they want them getting 90% of the screen time.It can't be done.The X-man universe hold so much power over us fans we all grew up reading these comics an it's almost in our genetics.I just want MORE films an more of what I have read to get up on the screen an anything short of Batman and Robin is gonna make me a happy camper.

Mek

fans will never be happy but there are ways of pleasing the majority of us and having the rest be satisfied rather than always having bi-polar films.

weatherwitch said:
Same tone. Yes. Same character development. Yes to some. Although I liked the movie tremendously more than the first two I think there are a couple of characters that need to be expanded or dropped for another movie. And Wolverine needs his balls back.

I don't mind the tone, maybe a little darker. I just couldn't get over the misuse of characters....We can't really ever want our actors to "be more like their comic counterparts," because storylines aren't followed, so why should that characters be like the comics? I'm just going to expect Storm to have super hearing and super speed next movie, etc. and then I won't be disappointed.

But I get it now.

Odin's Lapdog said:
fans will never be happy but there are ways of pleasing the majority of us and having the rest be satisfied rather than always having bi-polar films.

I think just Cyclops living at the end, Rogue not taking the cure, and a Collossus vs Juggernaut fight would have definitely got a few converts from the haters. And the extra 20 minutes of some character development may have lost a few fans, but would have probably gained a lot more new fans.

Howdy

Cyclops did live it's only closed minded folks who don't see how.Phoenix rises from the ashes it's been done to death in the comics an it's gonna happen on the big screen.The lake scene proves it.Rogue took the cure but Magneto proves it's not gonna last.Collossus Vs Juggs is gonna happen it just didn't happen this time.You really have to decide what's good to add to each movie an what will make fans come back.I think this movie is gonna make fans come back.

Mek

Mekleo33 said:
Howdy

Cyclops did live it's only closed minded folks who don't see how.Phoenix rises from the ashes it's been done to death in the comics an it's gonna happen on the big screen.The lake scene proves it.Rogue took the cure but Magneto proves it's not gonna last.Collossus Vs Juggs is gonna happen it just didn't happen this time.You really have to decide what's good to add to each movie an what will make fans come back.I think this movie is gonna make fans come back.

Mek
I heard there were contract disputes w/ Cyclops, I also heard he did the movie for free.. so I dunno, either way I think he lives.. my only problem is yes Brett Ratner did a fine job of spicing things up at the end, and leaving everyone questioned.. but if there is a 4th he cant possibly think of doing Prof. X in his new body that would be stupid, so how does he work it out so Patrick Stewart remains Prof. X?

so it ends.......

theres no way to make a non-believer understnad why x3 was great.......

were not robots...we have our opinions

Howdy

Well you have to look real deep for it.At the flashback scene the cars were lifted an Stan Lee was watering the garden an the water was going upwards.Jean has control of gravity.She really went for the rearanging of atoms in the last scene so it's purty obvious that the girl has limitless power when it comes to what she can make an unmake. I think Prof X seen that he was gonna be pwned in the house an he just used the body as a harbor. Once Jean gets control of herself she can make Prof X's body appear at will so he can return to normal.I really wish they had gone with my ending it woulda made all this stuff much easier to sort out.

Mek

Mekleo33 said:
Howdy

Well you have to look real deep for it.At the flashback scene the cars were lifted an Stan Lee was watering the garden an the water was going upwards.Jean has control of gravity.She really went for the rearanging of atoms in the last scene so it's purty obvious that the girl has limitless power when it comes to what she can make an unmake. I think Prof X seen that he was gonna be pwned in the house an he just used the body as a harbor. Once Jean gets control of herself she can make Prof X's body appear at will so he can return to normal.I really wish they had gone with my ending it woulda made all this stuff much easier to sort out.

Mek
so really the only true way to make an X-4 to work is to have Jean Grey live.

Mekleo33 said:
Howdy

Cyclops did live it's only closed minded folks who don't see how.Phoenix rises from the ashes it's been done to death in the comics an it's gonna happen on the big screen.The lake scene proves it.

Does Cyclops being not dead change the fact that he got screwed over and REPLACED by Logan as team leader, had minimal screen-time and Jean's significant other?

All this crap about Cyclops being not dead, it's not the problem. I would be equally irked (actually, probably moreso) if Cyclops lived and he was still replaced by Logan in a Dark Phoenix plot. There is absolutely no excuse for that.

It's like having Mary Jane turn into the Green Goblin in the first Spider-man movie. Doesn't matter if Gobby dies or not, but she's freakin Mary Jane! Some things just aren't supposed to happen.

Howdy

"Some things just aren't supposed to happen"

That says it all.You are a Clops fan an you wanted him to be the focus.I suggest you go read the comics an then you will know the ending an Clops can be your hero for life.I kinda like a movie that doesn't follow the comics word for word cause it makes paying the money to watch it worth it.

Mek

Mekleo33 said:
Howdy

"Some things just aren't supposed to happen"

That says it all.You are a Clops fan an you wanted him to be the focus.I suggest you go read the comics an then you will know the ending an Clops can be your hero for life.I kinda like a movie that doesn't follow the comics word for word cause it makes paying the money to watch it worth it.

Mek

Cyclops isn't my favorite character. He's ONE of my favorite characters, of my favorite TEAM of superheroes. Logan is also one of my favorite characters. And Gambit, and Jean, Rogue, etc.

If the X-men movie was about Weapon X, I would be EQUALLY pissed if Cyclops suddenly came out of no where and replaced Wolverine. Or if Superman replaced Batman in a storyline where anti-meta protocols were involved.

Did you really just create a thread ASKING for people who liked X3 to come here and argue with you?

How subtle.

Just adding my two cents. I just saw the movie for the second time and enjoyed it much more than the first. I still believe it feels a little quick (could have used 20 mins more) and I understand and agree with most of the complaints surrounding this movie. On the other hand I found myself much more entertained than the previous movies. The whole time the movie felt more like X-men to me; it felt like an episode of the cartoon. It didn't labor to try to explain to me a world I already understand through the comics and cartoon. While I will always lament the portrayl of Cyclops and lack of Colossus (my two favorites), I know their stories and can easily see them fitting within this movieverse. Whether others agree with me or not this movie was much more of a team movie; Wolverine, though he had taken Scott's place, was NOT the focus of this movie. Especially in comparison with the previous two. The feel of this movie and the X-nostalgia it caused make it much greater to me in spite of its flaws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"