Here we go again-Spielberg on Indy 4 and Jurassic Park 4

For JPIV to work, they need to get Michael Crichton (the author of the books and creator) to write it. The films' quality has a direct correlation to how loyal they are to the books.

Jurassic Park - close to the novel Jurassic Park, great movie

Jurassic Park: The Lost World - deviates alot from The Lost World novel, mediocre movie

Jurassic Park III - THere wasn't a third book, and it turned out terribly.

Crichton is as much of a screenwriter as he is a novelist (he wrote Twister and ER, among other films). I think that's the only hope the film franchise has.

Carmine Falcone said:
Who gives a flying **** about JP4? Seriously.

And they should leave the Indy trilogy alone. A fourth part is redundant.

No one wants to see this??? If they got Spielberg to direct and reunited the original cast... I think it might serve some justice and provide some closure...

Cinemaman said:
Lets be honest, Spielberg, we will never see Indy 4 :mad:

I am tired with all those none-sense interviews, which dont say anything new to me.

This stupid damn it script for IJ4 has been making since 2002 and it is still not done.

:down

I agree.

Boom said:
God just let JP4 die already. Nobody gives a **** at this point, especially if they get that hackjob of a director back.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

ugh, this is getting f***in tired, Spielberg.

a) I wish he'd just quit the bulls#!t and not open his mouth again until he is on set making the f***in movies.

b) IJ4 and JP4 shouldn't even be made anyway. JP's already dead and IJ is such a classic trilogy that there's absolutely NO reason to do another. other than money, of course, but I'd usually give Spielberg more credit than that...

FaT_tONle said:
No one wants to see this??? If they got Spielberg to direct and reunited the original cast... I think it might serve some justice and provide some closure...

The closure is at the end of the first film.

The only way i think a JP4 would be good is if the made it in the vein of Aliens

I remember the first time I heard about IJ4--it was mentioned by the commentators during the halftime show of Super Bowl XXIX (Indy was in the half time show--I think he was stealing the Lombardi trophy from a temple).

That was in 1995.

Spielberg: either make the damn movie, or ****. :mad:

Yah Indy 4 has been in production since before 1995....:(

This maybe a good thing because scripts have been thrown out, hopefully for a good reason. Its proably gonna end up kicking our a$$ as we watch the movie.

But than again the prequel trilogy was like 20 years in the making and turned out to be crap....but that's Lucas...this is Spielberg, the great One....

:up:

hunter rider said:
Nah i was thinking more along the lines of a team of Soldiers taking on the 'Saurs

That would be cool as a movie in general, but it's completely against the spirit of the Jurassic Park films. They're always a mix of scientists and normal people that are going up agaisnt crazy odds. And no matter what happens, there is still a sense of wonder about the dinosaurs. Yes, the raptors try to hunt and kill them. But then you have Grant and Tim and Lex in the tree with the sauropods.

The only really miliaristic people were Muldoon in the first, who even then only wanted to kill the dinosaurs out of necessity, and inGen in the second, who are the villains. IMO, a team going in arms akimbo just to kill them is a very radical change in tone and theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"