He's the original Terminator... The Deathstroke/Slade Wilson Thread.

Is Will Smith still in the running? I'd like to see him try it.

600_3.jpg

He's in the running for something, we're just not sure what. The latest rumor was Boomerang, but I have my doubts about that.

He's in the running for something, we're just not sure what. The latest rumor was Boomerang, but I have my doubts about that.

Yeah, Boomerang wouldn't make any sense for him. Deathstroke would be a little better, but I still don't think Smith will wind up in it at all.

Start calling me racist, but I'd prefer Deathstroke to be as comic accurate as possible. And that includes him not being black.

mjiZAus.png

I find it hard to believe that Will is being looked at for Captain Boomerang. Maybe it's possible that Black Spider is in the movie but hasn't been stated yet? Since spider fancies himself as a hero though he is really a vigilante, I could see Will playing that character.

Agreed. He would physically and visually fit that role much better, and you could easily increase his importance. No one has big issue if you mess around with a C or D-lister. And it would maybe be a better choice for Smith to not play an outright villain, and someone that breaks off from the group, and eventually does his own thing. I think in the comics he went after Waller, and might be one of the few that actually gets away alive. I'm not sure though.

Start calling me racist, but I'd prefer Deathstroke to be as comic accurate as possible. And that includes him not being black.

mjiZAus.png

Well, as a black guy, I can tell you that that doesn't make you racist. :funny:

I know it shouldn't. But sadly that doesn't stop a number of people from labeling you as racist. And I sit here, thinking I'm just a goddamn comic book nerd who likes things to stick to the source material.

You know who would be perfect for a black Deathstroke?

Denzel.

Just saying.

Better choice than Smith at least.

casting a black man as a grizzled and grey, white, eye patch wearing character? Sounds familiar

But not as Deathstroke...

Is Deathstroke actually in the film or is this all speculation?

Speculation. I think there's a good chance he could show up, though probably not in a large role.

Speculation. I think there's a good chance he could show up, though probably not in a large role.

Would be cool to have his eventual recruitment teased at the end of the film or post-credits. Maybe Boomerang will die, so they'll need someone to fill his spot. Cue Brad Pitt in a cell. :woot:

Have to give a hell no to the Perlman suggestion. I like him, but I generally associate him with cheesy bad movies. While he does make the rare appearance in a good film from time to time (Drive), I'd rather have someone like Pitt play Slade (probably not going to happen, but who knows).

I like the idea of Ron Perlman in a role very much. Though I wouldn't say no to Stephen Lang either.

I love Perlman, but he's pretty old though. Deathstroke is what, like 50 at the oldest right?

Perlman is in great shape and also stunt doubles exist.

And, like, Slade is pretty old. He has super powers, which compensates for his age, but he's grey haired and wrinkly.

Have to give a hell no to the Perlman suggestion. I like him, but I generally associate him with cheesy bad movies. While he does make the rare appearance in a good film from time to time (Drive), I'd rather have someone like Pitt play Slade (probably not going to happen, but who knows).

How does his past filmography have any baring on the quality of this film?

It doesn't necessarily, but it's sort of like why I don't want to see Oprah as Waller. They're past work (Perlman's crappy filmography, Oprah's talk show) is so engrained in my mind that it will be tough for me to take either of them seriously as these characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"