Deathstroke Animated Movie Possibly in the works at WB Animation

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
EXCLUSIVE: DC Animation Is Working On A DEATHSTROKE Movie - Revenge of The Fans

Deathstroke has been on the tips of lots of people’s tongues these last few years. Whether it’s Manu Bennett’s take on the character on The CW’s Arrow, Joe Manganiello’s tease at the end of Justice League, his constant presence in the world of the Teen Titans, or the recent news that Esai Morales will play a new live-action iteration of Slade Wilson in Season 2 of Titans, it would appear that people simply can’t get enough of Deathstroke The Terminator.

There were even recent murmurs that Idris Elba may replace Joe Manganiello as the Deathstroke of the Worlds of DC in James Gunn’s The Suicide Squad (you know…now that he’s not replacing Will Smith as Deadshot).

But while the confusing situation surrounding Slade’s live-action cinematic future seems to still be unfolding, I’ve got good news for those of you who’d like a different kind of Deathstroke movie:

The good people at Warner Bros. Animation, who have a sterling track record when it comes to their animated DC properties, are currently hard at work on an animated Deathstroke film.

It joins a currently unannounced slate of animated features they’ve lined up that includes:

(And please note, I know another entertainment blogger attempted to “debunk” that last one- which was someone else’s scoop. But I’ve seen enough evidence that contradicts the self-anointed Scoop Police. Heck, the studio is probably going to deny this movie is happening, too, until they’re ready to announce it on their terms.)

These kinds of films take a long time to put together and I don’t see them announcing any of them until San Diego Comic-Con. Could be longer. With a back-catalogue of “event” films like the ones listed above, they may space things out to spread the wealth. Only time will tell how rapid fire they plan to release them all.

It's interesting as Deathstroke was announced to be getting an animated series for the CW Seed. Wonder if Robles mixed that up, or soon there will be both an animated show and film?

Man, I hope so. Probably my favourite comic book character after Batman.

I just don't understand the appeal of this character in solo adventures. I think Deathstroke is one of the greatest comic book villains of all time, but he works best as an antagonist rather than a protagonist.

He works both ways. I like Marv Wolfman's run.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"