"he's your friend when things get rough" Pufnstuf Returns with a new movie ?

Darkness Falls

We Could Be Heroes.....
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread on this

Marty Krofft Uses Where The Wild Things Are To Explain the Upcoming Pufnstuf Movie

28 October 2009 4:25 PM, PDT | Slash Film | See recent Slash Film news »

Marty Krofft has a vision for the upcoming H.R Pufnstuf movie and it might sound a little familiar to fans of Spike Jonze' Where the Wild Things Are. Galvanized by the box office success of the Sendak adaptation, Krofft is pushing for similar man-in-suit technology to bring his lollopping great characters to life. Sounds good to me. On the other hand, he's not looking to strike the same melancholy chords as Wild Things but something altogether more sugar and spice. I'm not sure sweetness is worth a great deal without at least a little of something savoury, and I'm even less sure it will work at the box office. Krofft told the New York Daily News "We always wanted to do low-tech costumes and high-tech heads. But it'll be a big difference in tone, of course - we'll be bright, not dark."

and an older article
Sid and Marty Krofft Eyeing Johnny Depp For ‘H.R. Pufnstuf’ Adaptation

3 June 2009 1:00 PM, PDT | MTV Movies Blog | See recent MTV Movies Blog news »

After wandering in the entertainment industry wilderness for years, Sid and Marty Krofft are set to emerge with a higher profile than they’ve ever had, as Will Ferrell introduces the world to his big budget adaptation of the Krofft’s trippy 70s TV thrillride, “Land of the Lost.” There’s no time for the septuagenarian brothers to rest however, because they’re now ramping up another adaptation of one of their vintage Saturday morning kids show: “H.R. Pufnstuf
Running for just seventeen episodes on NBC from 1969 to 1972, “Pufnstuf” told the acid-washed tale of a boy named Jimmy who rides a magical boat to Living Island, only to get stranded there by bushy-browed evildoer Wilhelmina W. Witchiepoo. If the Kroffts play their cards right, Johnny Depp — who’s played beloved children’s book characters like Willy Wonka in “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” and the Mad Hatter in the upcoming »

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"