• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hint to Crisis way back in Teen Titans

Assassin said:
shut up jay, you stupid face jerk
Someone's having a bad day. Did mommy forget to change your diaper?

gildea said:
I would be more impressed if the central idea wasn't so stupid.

As it stands I'm thinking johns had the walls of reality idea in his head for over a year and at no point thought "this is stupid" or "superman has super hearing surely he would have heard this".
The sad part is that that's probably true. But Johns loves the Silver Age, where crazy junk like this happened all the time. I'm more surprised none of the more down-to-earth, realistic writers like Rucka mentioned it was stupid.

jaydawg said:
Someone's having a bad day. Did mommy forget to change your diaper?

no *****, you took the last freeze pop :(:mad:

Speaking of nasty forshadowing to IC in Teen Titans, did anyone else pick up how in "Titans Tomorrow" when Robin is fighting future Conner, Robin asks "What changed you?" and future Conner says "You did." then knocks Robin out with a finger punch. Reading that after IC#6 and TT OYL just kinds of bummed me out. It makes me wonder what kind of measures Robin will take in getting Conner back- even if Titans Tommorow is an out of continuity story now it was just creepy. Of course if this has been discussed elsewhere please flame me to death.:)

It's been suggested that maybe Robin clones a new Superboy without the mind and soul of Conner who turns out corrupted and evil. We'll have to wait and see, though. Personally, I don't think Robin's going to succeed at cloning anything at all. I think the other Titans (or maybe just Cassie) will find out what he's doing and put a stop to it, then he and Cassie will break down and have a good cry, finally coming to lean on each other to recover from their mutual loss instead of bottling it all up and doing weird crap because of it.

And then comes the pity sex. Sweet, sweet pity sex.

Well yeah. Maybe Tim has just been planning the clone thing forever just to get into Cassie's now-stylish jeans. I'll bet he cries in order to get her to take off her shirt.

TheCorpulent1 said:
The sad part is that that's probably true. But Johns loves the Silver Age, where crazy junk like this happened all the time. I'm more surprised none of the more down-to-earth, realistic writers like Rucka mentioned it was stupid.

Given the context of the story it just didn't really work IMO. I don't mind silver age crazy per se (love me all star superman) it was just one of the things that johns simply didn't have the time to explore properly in the series to make work.

For me, the whole physical force = physics distortion thing has never worked. I hated it when the Hulk got "so strong" that his punches could tear through time, and I hate it just as much now when Superboy Prime's anti-matter-enhanced punches somehow translate into everything from time distortions to changes in people's memories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"