The Dark Knight Holiday

SodaPop

Ghost Post
Reaction score
I recently purchased and read The Long Halloween and seeing as in how this book is part of what TDK is based off of. I wondered: Will there be a Holiday Killer in the movie? And also will there be Gilda Dent in the movie? I hope that Holiday will be in the movie, because it will help the story and give depth and great character to both Dents. For those of you who haven't read TLH, here is a brief summary of who Holiday is. Holiday is a serial killer who begins to knock off members of Carmine Falcone's family on holidays. Holiday also kills members of Salvatore Maroni's gang. And at every crime scene the was a .22 pistol and an item relating to the holiday. So what do you think? Is/Should Holiday be in the movie?

Holiday would be cool to see, and it would work with the story but i doubt it will happen. I think the story will be along the same line as TLH but i think holiday won't be in it. As for Gilda Dent i doubt she is in it because the rumour is Harvey is dating Dawes in the movie, and i think that rumour has been confirmed.

Holiday may happen in the 3rd movie. there already seems to be a ton of moving parts in TDK.

I would love to see Holiday in the 3rd one though.

I don't think so really.

I understand where you're coming from, but I think from what we've heard so far, they've already drawn from TLH quite a lot. I can't imagine that they'd want to take most elements from it, just some.

Only if he's played by:

adrian-brody.jpg

:brucebat:

How can you know it would help the story if we don't even figured out entirely how the story will go on...?

No way in hell. The holiday storyline worked as a serial, it wouldn't work as a movie, and furthermore there doesn't seem to be any room at all in this film for another full out villain.

Nice character à la Hannibal Lecter or John Doe....but not in a Nolan batmovie !:woot: :cwink:

I loved The Long Halloween, but the story wouldn't make sense cinematically.

You could read the novel and find out the twist. What's the point? Change the killer and then defy the source material?

You could read the novel and find out the twist. What's the point? Change the killer and then defy the source material?

so no movie should ever be made based on already printed material?

No way in hell. The holiday storyline worked as a serial, it wouldn't work as a movie, and furthermore there doesn't seem to be any room at all in this film for another full out villain.

exactly, from what we've heard so far from the movie i don't think there is enough room for Holiday, tho it would be cool. I mean how long is film gonna be?

maybe in the third movie as i think nolan would be able to adapt holiday as theres not exactly much for him to adapt, hes a pretty realistic character as it is.

You can find out the twists in the Harry Potter movies by reading the books, but those movies are still made.

That's the same with LOTR, Eragon, The Prestige, Jurassic Park, The Andromeda Strain, Bridge to Teribithia, Carrie, It, Children of the Corn.....basically any movie that's been based off a book, so that's really not very good logic.

On a side note, TLH was a bit confusing, I mean, people still debate to this day over who the original holiday killer was, or if there were one or two....Really, Loeb didn't tie it up that well.

I wouldnt mind seeing Holiday in a film in a future one but lets Keep the dark knight for the Joker.

This isn't The Long Halloween so no. And they will not use it because we already know the end from the beginning. The only way it would work is if Joker wasn't in the movie and they would not coping the whole story, thereby changing the killer.

I think the ambiguous nature of the identity of the holiday killer(s) is part of why the story is so fascinating - it definitely makes you want to read it multiple times.

You can find out the twists in the Harry Potter movies by reading the books, but those movies are still made.

That's the same with LOTR, Eragon, The Prestige, Jurassic Park, The Andromeda Strain, Bridge to Teribithia, Carrie, It, Children of the Corn.....basically any movie that's been based off a book, so that's really not very good logic.

On a side note, TLH was a bit confusing, I mean, people still debate to this day over who the original holiday killer was, or if there were one or two....Really, Loeb didn't tie it up that well.

True. For a Batman film, The Long Halloween doesn't appeal to me. I can't see it working.

that is the whole point because at the end gilda herself even says that she just assumed it was harvey the whole idea is that we dont know...and so we would read dark victory

I thought it was pretty clear who the Holiday Killers were -

Alberto Falcone, Gilda Dent and Harvey Dent (Harvey as Two-Face)

Nah. Holiday will not be in the movie, and I doubt it'll ever be. TDK draws from TLH (hopefully) in the form of the trinity of Bats, Gordon and Harvey working togheter to bring down a menace, namely the Joker, instead of Falcone and Holiday, and how it ultimately causes the fall of Harvey. I doubt we'll see anything from TLH on the movie that departs from that subject.

While THE LONG HALLOWEEN was a decent mystery with some nice twists and turns, Holiday himself was not an interesting character or concept. There are far more interesting characters that could be used before Holiday was ever considered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"