The Dark Knight Summary of TLH (Story of TDK movie)

I would love to see elements of Batman: The Man Who Laughs in TDK. I think that Nolan would have made an error if he didn't draw on that for some good Joker sub-plot.

I dont hink anyone agrees about Catwoman especially since she is the logical choice for the next film and Nolan has shown nothing but acceptance for the fact that she DOES fit in his world.

He has not directly put her down like Pengiun or others.

And the script for TDK specifically has a mention of Selina Kyle.

I agree. If they include her though I hope it's more in the vein of TLH Selina then of Y1 and DKR. They also have to have the part where she scars Falcone (or Maroni, as long as its one of the main gangsters)

We'll see this made into flesh:

Possibly this (ignore the dialogue):

11p17.jpg

And hopefully this:

3p9.jpg

Scarring is a must. And Joker pissing off the mob bosses sounds like what we may already be getting :up:

The "mine's bigger" is really funny :woot:

How would you guys execute Harvey's transformation into the psychotic Two-Face? Not physically, but mentally.

Would you follow the "Holiday" sub-plot from The Long Halloween (presenting the notion that Harvey already has a darker side), or would you play around with the whole "one bad day" thing that the Joker suffered from in The Killing Joke? Both could work.

Can we PLEASE agree, that freaken CatWomen DOESN'T fit into Nolan's batman universe!? Just as much as Robin doesn't fit into that world!

If Catwoman doesn't fit neither does Batman. Catwoman is Batman as a woman and even less high tech!!! All she has is a whip and a skintight costume. If Nolan can't make that believable he doesn't deserve to direct.

How would you guys execute Harvey's transformation into the psychotic Two-Face? Not physically, but mentally.

Would you follow the "Holiday" sub-plot from The Long Halloween (presenting the notion that Harvey already has a darker side), or would you play around with the whole "one bad day" thing that the Joker suffered from in The Killing Joke? Both could work.

I'd replace the entire Holiday-killer subplot with Joker causing havoc in the city--robbing banks, homicide, etc. Harvey tries to prosecute him but he gets acid in the face. I know a lot of people don't want Joker scarring Dent, but that's how I want to see it, and how it was in the first draft of the script anyway.

IMO, it would be one of those instances where its a great departure from the comics (just like Ra's training Bruce, Crane running Arkham). It just feels right. Joker's crazy, he has an acid squirting flower. It just works.

I'd replace the entire Holiday-killer subplot with Joker causing havoc in the city--robbing banks, homicide, etc. Harvey tries to prosecute him but he gets acid in the face. I know a lot of people don't want Joker scarring Dent, but that's how I want to see it, and how it was in the first draft of the script anyway.

IMO, it would be one of those instances where its a great departure from the comics (just like Ra's training Bruce, Crane running Arkham). It just feels right. Joker's crazy, he has an acid squirting flower. It just works.

It was in NO draft of the script.

It was in a outline... nothing else.

The script since day one has had a thug for Maroni throwing the acid in the court room not Joker... maybe Nolan is playing some eloborate hoax to throw us all off, but if there is one thing following these movies has taught me: To date, that has never been the case.

Cyclops didn't magically survive X3, Halloween didn't get a complete re-write, and Galatcus didnt appear in FF2 no matter what Avi Arad promised.

The secret is, things typically are what they appear.

It was in NO draft of the script.

It was in a outline... nothing else.

The script since day one has had a thug for Maroni throwing the acid in the court room not Joker... maybe Nolan is playing some eloborate hoax to throw us all off, but if there is one thing following these movies has taught me: To date, that has never been the case.

Cyclops didn't magically survive X3, Halloween didn't get a complete re-write, and Galatcus didnt appear in FF2 no matter what Avi Arad promised.

The secret is, things typically are what they appear.

Why so serious?

Why so serious?

'cause I'm big on fact and against unsupported speculation.

Plus we've been BURNED so many times by studios, people involved and what they tell us...

It's always best to look at the evidence and ignore what they are "saying/selling"

Interesting thoughts.

Personally, I'd like to see the Joker attempt to drive Harvey insane - just as he attempted on Gordon in The Killing Joke. Only this time, he succeeds.

I agree. If they include her though I hope it's more in the vein of TLH Selina then of Y1 and DKR. They also have to have the part where she scars Falcone (or Maroni, as long as its one of the main gangsters)

Scarring is a must. And Joker pissing off the mob bosses sounds like what we may already be getting :up:

Especially
Since the Sides seemed to hint at the mob having a hand in creating Joker, what with the "dumping ground" bit. If you think about it, it sounds like the mob really shoots itself in the foot throughout the course of The Dark Knight

---Morzan

Interesting thoughts.

Personally, I'd like to see the Joker attempt to drive Harvey insane - just as he attempted on Gordon in The Killing Joke. Only this time, he succeeds.

Especially
Since the Sides seemed to hint at the mob having a hand in creating Joker, what with the "dumping ground" bit. If you think about it, it sounds like the mob really shoots itself in the foot throughout the course of The Dark Knight

---Morzan

I think those two together would work especially well
because it shows how outside the rules the Joker is. The law can't constrain him and neither can the mob. The only hope is his opposite: Batman

We'll see this made into flesh:

1p29.jpg

Possibly this (ignore the dialogue):

13p38.jpg

Possibly this:

11p17.jpg

And hopefully this:

3p9.jpg

I agree. This is all the stuff I really want to see done. At least we know that they'll do the Bats/Gordon/Dent rooftop meeting because, come on... Nolan's smart.

'cause I'm big on fact and against unsupported speculation.

Plus we've been BURNED so many times by studios, people involved and what they tell us...

It's always best to look at the evidence and ignore what they are "saying/selling"

So do we have real "proof" for.....

the script for TDK specifically has a mention of Selina Kyle.

Or is this merely unsupported speculation? I'm just wondering, I'd like to see the real evidence besides an 'insider's word'. If you or anyone you know has a copy of the script, please, do tell.

The Man who Laughs is far better than TLH.

It starts with an enormous body count and goes from there.

I'm personally hoping this movie is completely new in every way. No perma white Joker. No sympathy for Two Face. All new and all violent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"