Hollywoodland

JBMComics said:
I think you need more then a "lil research". There was NO 5 picture deal and he wasn't involved with "Psycho" at all. And his role is "From Here to Eternity" was shortened.

From various websites
http://mensnewsdaily.com/2006/09/07/hollywoodland-the-stuff-that-dreams-are-made-on/

The movie also leaves out some of the best clues suggesting that Reeves did not kill himself. For example, Reeves had landed the role of the detective in PSYCHO and had even shot a few scenes for the movie days before he died. Also, he had just been hired to reprise his Superman role on TV for two years, with more money, and had scheduled a couple personal trips he was looking forward to, including a honeymoon with his fiancée. Both Toni Mannix and her husband had reason to murder George, and his fiancée may have killed him in an accidental shooting. Still, it is possible that Reeves became despondent that night after a fight with his fiancée earlier that day and during the party later at his house, which may not have been as successful as he planned because of their fighting.

From yahoo
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1800042263/bio

But by 1959, Reeves’ fortunes appeared to be on the upswing. He had stopped drinking and planned to marry again, this time to actress Lenore Lemmon. “Superman,” which had run its course in 1958, was about to be revived for another two seasons starting in 1960. He had pulled out of a potentially devastating affair with Toni Mannix, the wife of high-powered Eddie Mannix, the general manager of MGM Studios (and reportedly, a former mobster), and had signed a five-picture deal with Paramount Pictures. Reportedly, Universal was also considering him for Alfred Hitchcock’s upcoming film “Psycho” (1960), for which he would have played the role that eventually went to Martin Balsam.

Do me a favor never quote me again.

Erzengel said:

owned-bike.jpg

Just saw it...one of my favorite movies of the year.

Stellar performances all around, espescially from Brody and the allmighty force known as the Fleck.

Saw it yesterday. This was a REALLY GOOD movie, it is not a classic but who cares.

It is not quite biopic and it is not quite film noir but somewhere in between, which is what it is going for and it works. The performances around the board are all stellar, Affleck was fantastic, Lane stole the show, Hoskins was great and so was Brody. I was never bored despite its methodical or "slow" pace and thought the ending was brilliant. Because usually when someone tries to predict an unsolved mystery as a matter of fact it sucks, ie From bad place and The Black Dahila.

This was much better than the Dahila and the characters, even ones as sleezy as simo were likeable and it left you hanging but not disappointed. I expect to see some nominations for Lane and possibly Affleck come Oscar season now.

JBMComics said:
They're mistaken.

Okay...that's a powerful and persuading point you are making. I especially like the various sources you use.

BTW did anyone else think or have popped into their head that when Affleck was in the technicolor Superman suit it looked BETTER than the one in SR?

I'm not a fanboy who complains about the costume a lot and while the movie is not high on my list the costume was never a large beef for me, I just simply thought that even with cheaper materials and design that it looked better and less ackward than the one used for the SR movie though.

I think they both worked very well in their given contexts. While the SR suit did seem a little awkward outside of the rest of the design elements in the movie, it worked very well within them.

This was good enough of a film to deserve a good bump or too then.

I cannot believe that Affleck wasn't nominated for this. This was definitely the role of his career and he was remarkable. Every note he hit had a twinge of sadness. It was a fantastic movie that deserved better. I bet if Superman Returns would have been better, people would have had their Superman interest piqued and more people would have seen Hollywoodland.

Yeah I was really surprised by this movie, not cause I didn't think it would be good, or that Affleck was in it (I'm a huge Affleck fan), or what not.

They had the chance to completely **** the ending up, and make it all hollywood, and turn something we haven't been able to prove the real facts, in reality, into something where through a series of twists Bob Hoskins did it, or Diane Lane did.

Included in how surprised I was with this movie, is they didn't just leave us with an unsloved mystery, unfulfilled, from the middle on the bring Adrien Brody's character more into the foray, and they show us his familey troubles, and they tie the case into his problems he is having with his life, and his kid, fantastic ending, I was so pleased with it

Also Affleck was hauntingly realistic in it

Agreed on all accounts about Affleck....That one scene when he begins to crack and he flips out on Diane Lane was amazing. I can't wait for his next movie which he's actaully directing that sounds really good

Yeah I was really surprised by this movie, not cause I didn't think it would be good, or that Affleck was in it (I'm a huge Affleck fan), or what not.

They had the chance to completely **** the ending up, and make it all hollywood, and turn something we haven't been able to prove the real facts, in reality, into something where through a series of twists Bob Hoskins did it, or Diane Lane did.

Included in how surprised I was with this movie, is they didn't just leave us with an unsloved mystery, unfulfilled, from the middle on the bring Adrien Brody's character more into the foray, and they show us his familey troubles, and they tie the case into his problems he is having with his life, and his kid, fantastic ending, I was so pleased with it

Also Affleck was hauntingly realistic in it
you know i was really disappointed with the ending until after i did research and found out that like your post..it actually was pretty decent and did suit the movie yell...:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"