Guardians of the Galaxy Hooked on a Soundtrack: The GOTG Playlist

Listened to the score. It's fairly generic, but I love the theme in "Guardians United." In my experience, you can't truly appreciate some scores until you see the movie.

I've been listening to most of the "Awesome Mix" non-stop for the past week; the only song I don't have is the Bowie one because I'm not a huge Bowie fan.

I've also added two songs to the "Awesome Mix" in the form of Nova & Rocket's themes from Marvel vs Capcom 3. :D

"Groot Coccoon" is amazing. I haven't seen the movie but I think I know what this is. :D

Well, thank goodness for the music on the Awesome Mix because I find the score to be serviceable, but awfully generic.

I wonder if the sequel will have Awesome Mix Vol. 2 soundtrack. Maybe Quills went back to Earth and create a new compilation CD?

I hope it has some 80s music; I love the music used in Vol 1, but I was expecting some serious 80s tunes like we were originally told instead of the 70s stuff.

I'm happy with the '70's stuff, tbh.

I'm happy with the '70's stuff, tbh.

Even if; by an act of the might one himself, this movie sucks, i know the sound track will not. TALK'IN BOUT M.. MM...MY GENERATION.
And a great era to be a Marvel fan.

Dumb question, what was the very first song we hear from the movie?

EDIT: Ah it was Redbone's Come and get your Love!

Last edited:
Dumb question, what was the very first song we hear from the movie?

EDIT: Ah it was Redbone's Come and get your Love!

The very first song we hear is I'm Not In love by 10cc. It's what young Peter is listening to in the hospital.

You're correct, but i was referring to the opening credits song when Starlord sings and dances. :) But yeah, it's technically the 2nd song. :b

So if you were to create an Awesome Mix soundtrack, what songs would you put in? I'll probably put nothing but 80's hit songs in mine.

I will start off with Hooked on a Feeling, then random music from other Marvel Movies like Shoot to Thrill by AC/DC and Star Spangled Man from Captain America 1

So if you were to create an Awesome Mix soundtrack, what songs would you put in? I'll probably put nothing but 80's hit songs in mine.
I'd stick with the 60's-70's. More Bowie, Queen, The Beatles, Sex Pistols, Rolling Stones, Cheap Trick, Led Zeppelin, and I guess if we need some pop and motown again - "Love Will Keep Us Together" by Captain and Tennille, "You Keep Me Hangin' On" by the Supremes, "Proud Mary" (The Ike & Tina version), "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" by Stevie Wonder, "I Say a Little Prayer" by Dionne Warwick, "Papa Was Rollin' Stone" by The Temptations (appropriate for Star-Lord I think, lol), and I dunno, some cheese like ABBA or something. :D

I'd stick with the 60's-70's. More Bowie, Queen, The Beatles, Sex Pistols, Rolling Stones, Cheap Trick, Led Zeppelin, and I guess if we need some pop and motown again - "Love Will Keep Us Together" by Captain and Tennille, "You Keep Me Hangin' On" by the Supremes, "Proud Mary" (The Ike & Tina version), "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" by Stevie Wonder, "I Say a Little Prayer" by Dionne Warwick, "Papa Was Rollin' Stone" by The Temptations (appropriate for Star-Lord I think, lol), and I dunno, some cheese like ABBA or something. :D

Nice list. Here's my Awesome Mix:

1) Living on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
2) Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now - Starship
3) Love Is A Battlefield - Pat Benatar
4) Rock You Like A Hurricane - Scorpion
5) Make It Real - The Jets
6) Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses
7) Rhythm Nation - Janet Jackson
8) Eternal Flame - The Bangles
9) Head Over Heels - Tears For Fears
10) Back To Life (However Do You Want Me) - Soul II Soul

I'm trying to mix in as many awesome songs from different genre from the 80's as possible, which is the decade that I grew up in. Personally, I like this selection, although if you ask me tomorrow I'll probably come up with a different list of tracks.

I'd throw a Kenny Loggins song in there somewhere.

I've been listening to the Awesome Mix Vol 1 in the car for the last 3 days.

I finally got it last night and downloaded it. Listened to it all morning on repeat. Trying to feel out which ones I really want to keep in my standard playlist, which ones to throw into my lifting mix, and which ones go into my general workout mix.

Could anyone here list the songs on Awesome Mix #1 in chronological order as they appear in the film?

Greatly appreciated! :yay:

Could anyone here list the songs on Awesome Mix #1 in chronological order as they appear in the film?

Greatly appreciated! :yay:
Doing my best from memory:

1. 10Cc – "I’m Not in Love" (Peter listens to this in the hospital)
2. Redbone – "Come and Get Your Love" (Starlord dancing)
3. Raspberries – "Go All the Way" (playing when Yondu calls Starlord)
4. Blue Swede – "Hooked on a Feeling" (prison processing)
5. Rupert Holmes – "Escape (The Pina Colada Song)" (Starlord retrieves his Walkman)
6. David Bowie – "Moonage Daydream" (the gang arrives at Knowhere)
7. Elvin Bishop – "Fooled Around and Fell in Love" (Kevin Bacon & pelvic sorcery)
8. The Runaways – "Cherry Bomb" (everybody gears up for final battle)
9. The Five Stairsteps – "O-O-H Child" (Starlord distracts Turd Blossom)
10. Marvin Gaye/Tammi Terrell – "Ain’t No Mountain High Enough" (Awesome Mix Vol. 2)
11. Jackson 5 – "I Want You Back" (dancing Groot)

Norman Greenbaum – "Spirit in the Sky" (not in film)

Man i just LOVE the song choices in this movie. You know, sometimes a great score or a great collection of licensed songs can really make a movie. One of my favorite all time movies is Quentin Tarantino's Jackie Brown, and more than half the reason i love it so much is the beautiful song choices he chose for key moments in the film. Guardians is no different, from opening with "I'm not in love" to ending with "Aint no mountain high enough" you really got the feel that this was a different kind of Marvel film.

I'm a 90's kid but i have such a fond love and appreciation for 70's soul and classic rock. I REALLY hope they continue this theme in the next movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"