Sequels How about 2 Avengers movies out at the same time?

Dark Raven

It's not about what you deserve...
Reaction score
Anyone think it would be possible to have 2 Avengers sequels out in the same year or consecutive years? One could have the classic cast of Iron Man, Captain America and Thor while the other movie could have a different set of characters like Black Panther, Hawkeye, Vision, Tigra etc. There would be some cross pollenation of course, but essentially they'd be two different movies the same way that Marvel puts out two different comics of the same team featuring different characters. That would be a way to showcase other members who might be overlooked with the big three while making another Marvel movie and trading on the established name of Avengers.

Hello Night Raven: I think it would be possible, if unlikely. Unless the first film established a "West Coast" or "reserve" team, non-Marvel audience members could find it confusing. Personally, I think it's a great idea (Hawkeye, the Panther, & Vision are three of my all-time favorites). If the first Avengers movie makes a ton of money, it might be an idea that could see the light of day. Sure hope so anyway! Best regards, Madelow.

If you do two films at the same time, it'd make more sense doing them back to back with the same cast of characters. A "West Coast" or reserve team could still be done, but at a much later time. Unless they plan on carrying over characters from the previous movie. Say Avengers 2/3 are done back to back. Maybe have Cap/Ant-Man/Thor/Hawkeye in the sequel with Tony sitting out. Then branch out with Hawkeye/IM/WM in a 'West Coast' team. Actually would alleviate problems of casting a freeing up schedules for the actors.

I could see two Avengers movies out at the same time (or consecutive years) like the two companion movies Letters from Iwo Jima and Flags of our Fathers by Clint Eastwood.

Or maybe Marvel should do two Secret Wars movies like those two Eastwood films and have the war portrayed from the heroes' point of view and the villains'. That would mean they would have to acquire Spider-Man, Fantastic Four and X-Men for that to work.

I think Marvel is looking more towards establishing the Avengers as a team to stand on their own collective feet, so having multiple Avengers teams would lead to a lot of confusion and too many characters to juggle for these movies

This could be an easy hit or miss. It would all depend on how well the cast can grab the common person. Perhaps it being under the franchise of The Avengers would be enough, but who knows.

i think seeing as how all marvel studios does at the moment is comicbook movies anything is possible.

The cost would be astronomical, and you'd have to worry about over-saturation of the market. If they can keep getting legit writers, directors and actors for two films at once, to say nothing of the financing, then hey, bring on some of the more obscure members.

I could see them doing something similar to Harry Potter, The Hobbit and Twilight, where you film two movies at once (i.e., Part 1 and Part 2) and then release them as a two-parter in consecutive years. You wind up with the budget of a single (admittedly blockbuster) film....a twofer.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Marvel try this for Avengers 2 & 3.

Anyone think it would be possible to have 2 Avengers sequels out in the same year or consecutive years? One could have the classic cast of Iron Man, Captain America and Thor while the other movie could have a different set of characters like Black Panther, Hawkeye, Vision, Tigra etc. There would be some cross pollenation of course, but essentially they'd be two different movies the same way that Marvel puts out two different comics of the same team featuring different characters. That would be a way to showcase other members who might be overlooked with the big three while making another Marvel movie and trading on the established name of Avengers.

I think one of these movies would make a lot of money while the other one doesn't...

Or maybe Marvel should do two Secret Wars movies like those two Eastwood films and have the war portrayed from the heroes' point of view and the villains'. That would mean they would have to acquire Spider-Man, Fantastic Four and X-Men for that to work.

If Marvel could get all it's properties a massive MCU wide storyline would be the single most unique film going experience ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"