Sequels When will Avengers 2 come out?

Disney tends to put their big releases Memorial Day or July if you look at their history in regard to other franchises. Pirates sequels had those dates. Prince of Persia, Narnia, Sorcerer's Apprentice, all late May or July. They like the Pixar spot right after school gets out. So I wouldn't completely rule out those dates.

Mid July would fit the bill should they deviate from May. I'll be kinda surprised if they don't schedule it then, assuming Marvel intends to launch another decent sized movie earlier in the year. You aren't going to release Ant-Man in April and Avengers 2 in May for example because that will kill Ant-Man. If Avengers is the only movie schedule for 2015, then May makes perfect sense. Otherwise, you go to the 2011 schedule, with the lesser known Thor opening the season and Captain America essentially finishing it.

Last edited:
Marvel Studios' four biggest (soon five biggest) movies have all been first week of May releases. They aren't going to rock the boat, especially when it's so pointless.

Marvel Studios' four biggest (soon five biggest) movies have all been first week of May releases. They aren't going to rock the boat, especially when it's so pointless.

Exactly.

And as for when school lets out: I don't know about everywhere else in the U.S., but the trend around here is to start school earlier in the late summer, and to finish earlier in late spring. Our schools are already in session --- just started this week --- and finish in the first week of May. This year, the kids were already out of school when Avengers came out.

College? Grade schools don't get out that early.

Ant-Man May 2015 makes the most sense to me, assuming the month isn't filled with another Marvel property. Then mid July for Avengers. Right now nothing else is scheduled outside of a hypothetical Justice League :whatever:. People will go see Ant-Man if it takes place right before Avengers and sets things up for that movie.

Last edited:
Ant-Man can just come out winter 2014. They aren't going to not release Avengers 2 in that first week of May slot. That's "the Marvel date"

School being in or out is kind of irrelevant, it just means smaller weekdays and bigger weekends

Ant-Man can just come out winter 2014. They aren't going to not release Avengers 2 in that first week of May slot. That's "the Marvel date"

School being in or out is kind of irrelevant, it just means smaller weekdays and bigger weekends
Marvel has taken that mid-July date before, too. If you recall, the Cap movie surprisingly overtook Harry Potter 7.2 that weekend for the No. 1 spot! But yeah, first week of May has almost always been a "Marvel date" since Spider-Man in 2002. The mid-July date has been "the Nolan date" for three out of the past five years. But maybe now it's time for Marvel to take it over!

Marvel has taken that mid-July date before, too. If you recall, the Cap movie surprisingly overtook Harry Potter 7.2 that weekend for the No. 1 spot! But yeah, first week of May has almost always been a "Marvel date" since Spider-Man in 2002. The mid-July date has been "the Nolan date" for three out of the past five years. But maybe now it's time for Marvel to take it over!

Avengers also had a tenative July 16thish release for 2011, so the idea that Marvel doesn't covet that window is nonsense. They couldn't put a movie there because there was always Batman or Harry Potter.

And when they moved it to 2012 they stuck it in May. Their May release made more than any July release ever. I don't see why people are so gung-ho on this, the summer opener is a fantastic date

And when they moved it to 2012 they stuck it in May. Their May release made more than any July release ever. I don't see why people are so gung-ho on this, the summer opener is a fantastic date
And in 2008, The Dark Knight's mid-July release made more than any May release ever. It's not that people (including myself) are being "all gung-ho" about it, but we're just saying that the possibility to take the mid-July date is there. You'd have to agree that it's certainly not a poisonous time to release a summer tentpole blockbuster movie. I'm perfectly fine with Avengers 2 coming out in May 2015. But if they want to put the Ant-Man movie there and move TA2 to mid-July, I'd be perfectly fine with that too.

I sort of read it like this:

... It looks like the release date might be May 1, 2015, but that can change depending on people's schedules. The beauty of 'The Avengers' is that you've got so many people in this that even during the shoot if someone has to do another film they can just focus on [other characters]."
Not that those are the most credible of sources either. This insider has no clue because Marvel contracts would certainly outweigh any other commitments for the major actors/characters so scheduling conflicts have little to do with it. But if there is another Marvel movie that Disney wants to release that summer, Avengers 2 will be in July. Right now there is nothing currently scheduled, but that can change.

Last edited:
Only way I see Avengers being pushed to July is if they swap in Black Panther or TIH2 for the May date

I think GotG needs that release date to be honest, and that is a much more involved project that can use the extra time. The August release is summer tentpole wasteland as far as I'm concerned. Wright has been working on Ant-Man for years and that can surely come out late summer 2014 or in the fall if they act now. GotG is an unknown property that needs the May exposure, and it is largely independent from Avengers 2. Also you wouldn't have the problem of releasing Ant-Man too close to Avengers 2 and risk audiences not getting a chance to see that film and familiarize themselves with the character. I know many people who caught Thor/Cap on DVD or red box because they had a year to see the movie. Releasing Ant-Man too close to an Avengers movie can be problematic because it may come off as a cheesy money grab that leads into the main event a few months later. The solo films need to hold up on their own.

Last edited:
yup, May 1 2015, not July. Ugh, especially since Joss is Signed on to June 2015, AvengeME it will NOT get pushed back, accept it lol

Yes please close this thread mr moderator. Thanks.

I tried to fight the urge to do this...but couldn't.

TOLD YOU SO!!

Maybe 2015, with add char antman, black panther & Ms. Marvel, Then in Avenger 3, spidey & wolvie will join....i hope so

Get with the program dude! lol confirmed may 1 2015 release date. Black panther doesnt have a movie, and antman is november 2015, he wont be in avengers 3.

and god no. Spidy and wolvie won't be in the damn avengers movie. They have their own franchise to star in, let the avengers stay to you know, actual historically avengers characters

LoL is this the thread for the clueless.. LoL seriously...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"