Sequels Avengers Sequel ideas?

Well if she isn't the main protagonist then I'm certain she'll be referenced with the air force involved.

This is rather random, but I was dusting off some old toys to sell and one of them was a Tracey Island playset from the new Thunderbirds movie. It completely reminded me of SHIELD. If Ultron or another villain destroys the Helicarrier in an Avengers sequel how cool would it be to have an entire island as a SHIELD base?

If only to watch the Hellicarrier go down I'm in. Maybe it could be a secret... volcano... lair? :dry:

I'd love to see Enchantress take control of Hulk. Whedon has said that he wanted to go for a more personal story for Avengers 2, and I feel Enchantress is a must. I love that character, and I'll be disappointed if she's not included in any films.

Last edited:
I'd love to see Enchantress take control of Hulk. Whedon has said that he wanted to go for a more personal story for Avengers 2, and I feel Enchantress is a must. I love that character, and I'll be disappointed if she's not included in any films.

I'm down for bringing in Enchantress and the Masters of Evil. That could make for an interesting team vs team movie as long as Justice League doesn't do it first with the Legion of Doom or Injustice Gang

cleverusername8 said:
I'm down for bringing in Enchantress and the Masters of Evil. That could make for an interesting team vs team movie as long as Justice League doesn't do it first with the Legion of Doom or Injustice Gang

By Avengers 3, you should have enough villains to do a version of this team. Use either Baron Zemo or Red Skull as the leader. Members include Abomination, Enchantress, and Executioner, plus anyone else they use by then.

Alright, so here some quick ideas in no particuar order.

- Going by the end of Avengers, Stark tower has been rebuilt as the Avengers tower, and consequently acts as the teams main headquaters.

- SHIELD will still play a part, but toned down a little. This is a chance for the team to stand on their own two feet a little, and not have SHIELD come across as their babysitters.

- The Guardians of the Galaxy make an appearance. This is assuming that they do choose to go the cosmic route and send the Avengers out into space. They'll need a connection and GotG are their golden ticket.

- Have the two teams fight each other in a good old fashioned superhero misunderstanding, all taking place in Avengers mansion. Boom. One giant action set piece done. After that they can clear off though, as they just had a movie and its the Avengers time to shine.

- No more of the cosmic cube, instead let's have the Infinity Gaunlet front and center. This can be teased throughout the rest of the phase 2 movies. MAybe the gems are what everyone is after in GotG.

-If Ant-Man does get made before A2, Wasp has got to be introduced along side him. Boom. There's your second female Avengers member. Obviously this would mean a harder task of developing all the characters. I'm sure they'd find a way if this is the situation.

- Avengers training scene!

- One of them MUST die. Maybe its Nick Fury, or one of the Avengers themselves, but someone's gotta bite the dust.

Well if she isn't the main protagonist then I'm certain she'll be referenced with the air force involved.

This is rather random, but I was dusting off some old toys to sell and one of them was a Tracey Island playset from the new Thunderbirds movie. It completely reminded me of SHIELD. If Ultron or another villain destroys the Helicarrier in an Avengers sequel how cool would it be to have an entire island as a SHIELD base?

It's called The Triskelion.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Triskelion

Its a possiblility MovieMaster, but I hope not. Another alien invasion isnt at the top of my list. Id even prefer Ultron.

Im leaning toward Korvac myself, as long as they only use the comics as a rough guideline. I always liked the idea of Korvac more than the actual execution.

The truth is I want Whedon to have the freedom to write a new adventure for our heroes. Nothing says he has to use a previous story as a template. Heck, TA was only loosely based on a couple different stories from the comics. Why not do something completely original?

The only thing that's important is that they maintain and expand upon the characterizations that theyve established. The actual plots - including the villains - should be left to Joss' imagination.

Last edited:
Well, the Skrulls part is expendable. It can be replaced with something or somebody, like you said, someone like Korvac. The part that I think should be in the sequel is the idea that Earth is ready for a higher form of war, and then the Avengers fail.

Its a possiblility MovieMaster, but I hope not. Another alien invasion isnt at the top of my list. Id even prefer Ultron.

Im leaning toward Korvac myself, as long as they only use the comics as a rough guideline. I always liked the idea of Korvac more than the actual execution.

The truth is I want Whedon to have the freedom to write a new adventure for our heroes. Nothing says he has to use a previous story as a template. Heck, TA was only loosely based on a couple different stories from the comics. Why not do something completely original?

The only thing that's important is that they maintain and expand upon the characterizations that theyve established. The actual plots - including the villains - should be left to Joss' imagination.

While its true that nothing says he needs to, I think loosely based is a good idea for comic book adaptations. While the general audience might not be, I think most of us will be there to see live-action versions of our favorite stories. Because its never been done. Of course a little creative expression is welcome though, because then we are surprised. :up:

So is Vin Diesel trying to put it out there to Marvel he wants to play Vision?

I think you have some good ideas. However I agree with an above poster, I don't want to see another alien invasion. Even if that means i have to "suffer" through the cliches of genocidal artificial intelligence or time travel.

And at your point about phase 2 in The Avengers. I think part of The Avenger's victory came from defeating phase 2 and that "signal" regarding "a higher form of war." They didnt utilize phase 2 therefore Nick Fury averted war on an interplanetary scale. At least I hope.

One other thing I hope is that the Avengers fight each other a little less this time around. Maybe a slight amount of bickering between Cap and Stark, but for the most part I want to see a high-functioning ideal super-hero team-up, where they make all the right plays and still struggle to prosper.

So is Vin Diesel trying to put it out there to Marvel he wants to play Vision?

Please for the love of God no ......

0f535aec6ed435265d448448536cf4c14b49d11.gif

I'm devising a script for it - and in my notes so far it doesn't really play out like an invasion. The Skrulls are here because Thanos thinks an Infinity Gem is on Earth and they've been told to get it.

I'm of the mindset that TA2 will need to have a focus "close to home."

TA brought us an alien invasion, and teased Thanos.

But, if they went with Thanos in TA2, what could they ever do in TA3 that could surpass the threat of Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet?

Not to mention, they will want to avoid having everything in The Avengers franchise being tied up with alien/space/galactic threats.

At least in my mind, TA2 would havea focus on "Earth Threats" - things like AIM, or Hydra, or Masters of Evil, or even Ultron (though I don't think they can get Ultron progressed far enough for TA2) - all the while, having a sub-plot of the "impending doom" of Thanos, which would then setup the Phase 3 and subsequent TA3, for a grand finale of The Avengers vs Thanos, in a war for all reality.

Avengers 2: Ultron
Avengers 3: Thanos' climax

just remember, me and BigThor have been saying it since before we even knew Thanos was in the movie

Honestly I would expect AIM to play a role in the sequel, even if they are financing the MoE for some reason, have their own agenda due to them possibly locating a piece of the Chitauri tech, etc.

Ok so I hear that people are thinking that someone in our beloved line up of the Avengers is going to kick the bucket. Rather than having someone killed off, how about writing in a new team they can go and join while the focus remains on the main one? *Hint* *Hint* The West-Coast Avengers?

As for sequels, seeing as Hank-Pym will be introduced, Ultron's a good guess of a future villain, maybe trying to pull a Skynet?

Posted in another thread, but applies here too.
I agree with others that Ultron's initial creation should start as a side note in an Ant Man movie,
but became a major villain in Avengers. And I think the perfect story to base it off of is Avengers
Assembled: Ultron Unlimited. Where Ultron returns in a major way, by wiping out an entire island
of all life, human and plant and animal. He did this by creating a large army of drone Ultrons built
to follow him and obey every command.
(I hope all my pictures work, if they are not images of the Avengers, Ultron, the Vision of Pym
please let me know so I can fix it.)
Avengers%2BEarth%252527s%2BMightiest%2BHeroes%2B-%2B08%2BSome%2BAssembly%2BRequired.avi_snapshot_10.24_%25255B2010.11.15_14.29.14%25255D.jpg

The European country of Slorenia is dead. Every man, woman and child, eliminated with
the cold precision of a machine. And out of the flaming remnants of this tiny Baltic state comes a
message from its murderer: Mankind's dominance of the Earth is to be challenged and its days
numbered... because ULTRON has returned!
So the Avengers and an army of soldiers
are sent by the UN and must stop Ultron and his army of Ultron drones before he commits global
genocide and rebuilds Earth with robots.So I think they should adapt this idea.
Pym is focused on a little more in this film. We see that he isn't the boring hero he seems to be.
Deep down he has feelings of resentment for his fellow Avengers. He feels inferior to them, to his
wife, to the rest of the world perhaps. We start to see the cracks in his mental state. Maybe not a
full blown psychotic breakdown, but he starts to feel a little paranoid and sees things a little. But he
finishes his side project he had been working on before he became Ant Man. Ultron. Using his own
mind as a blueprint Pym finishes his AI experiment, but it goes wrong. Ultron then attacks him and
the Avengers must come to his rescue (or something, not sure how this scene should actually go.)
Have Ultron created in Ant Man, but rebel in Avengers. He battles the Avengers, proving he is more
than a match for the whole team, and escapes. It is reveled maybe through Ultron's dialogue and how
he attacks the Avengers that his mind is based on Pym's and that Pym secretly hates his team to a
degree. Not only that, but his fragile mental state is exposed too, his paranoia and schizophrenia
and stuff. The scene would be very much Pym's darkest secrets revealed to his friends and colleagues
in a very public way. (Ultron should also sound like an electronic version of Pym's voice.)
ultron2.jpg

Pym just feels the worst he could feel. At this point it also becomes about how the Avengers now
respond to Hank, how can they trust him now? We see how each responds to him? Things are a little
uneasy at the Avengers mansion/HQ. Especially between Pym and Janet. So that its not just a
movie about Pym each member should have the spotlight like in Avengers 1, but the story revolves
around the idea of Pym/Ultron and Pym's dark side and how the Avengers deal with one of their own.
Ultron builds the Vision (perhaps out of an unknown need that would be traced by to Pym's need to
invent life or something. Also Ultron creates Vision as a weapon against the Avengers out of Pym's
hatred of them. He then goes into his final plans, mass produces lesser versions of himself for an army
of drones and wipes out a small island nation, and sends a message to the UN and the Avengers.
653945.jpg

1803008-ultrons___avengers_500_super.jpg

I am not sure where the Vision should fit into this, should he be a villain through most of the movie?
Oh, I know, Vision is then sent to attack and kill the Avengers. But In the battle he falters because he
sees the error in Ultron's programming and is stopped by the Avengers.
images

Pym and Stark and Banner go about reprogramming the Vision (possibly off screen). The Avengers and
soldiers show up and battle the Ultron drones who aren't as tough as Ultron (but tough enough to kill
many soldiers and a small island of civilians) and are clearly mindless, but are so numerous that it makes
it a tough battle for the Avengers. During the battle Wasp is kidnapped, for starters. Ultron plans to use
the Avenger's minds a blueprints for his new robot civilization, starting with Janet (who since Ultron is
Pym's dark side sees Janet as the blueprint for his robot mate).
avengers22ultronunlimit.jpg

Led by the Vision and Pym the Avengers are able to get through most of the drones and to Ultron and
Janet. In a huge battle with Ultron most of the Avengers fall and are too injured to get up, but it must
come down to Vision and Pym who stop Ultron. This is so that Pym would be redeemed and not be
the bad guy or a total jerk the whole movie. In the end he must been seen by the audience as a hero.
Avengers_vs_Ultron.jpg

The whole movie could be Pym wrestling with his dark side, except instead of it would be very real
and physical with his dark side having a robot body and his good side (the Vision) also having a robot
body. It would also be generational, Pym is the father of Ultron, Ultron is the father of Vision, so Pym
is the grandfather to the Vision. He failed with Ultron, but perhaps he can be redeemed with the Vision.
The whole time Pym and the Avengers are fighting Ultron Hank could be feeling like his creation, his son,
has turned on him. He could feel such guilt, because it was his own brain scan, but it would also be like
a father who feels like he failed his son and all the son's wrong choices and bad life, and mistakes, are
somehow the father's fault. By the end of the film the Avengers are stronger, Pym is stronger, his
relationship with Janet is stronger, and he now has a "grandson" to guide. All the Avengers do in a way.

Last edited:
I'm of the mindset that TA2 will need to have a focus "close to home."

TA brought us an alien invasion, and teased Thanos.

But, if they went with Thanos in TA2, what could they ever do in TA3 that could surpass the threat of Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet?

Not to mention, they will want to avoid having everything in The Avengers franchise being tied up with alien/space/galactic threats.

At least in my mind, TA2 would havea focus on "Earth Threats" - things like AIM, or Hydra, or Masters of Evil, or even Ultron (though I don't think they can get Ultron progressed far enough for TA2) - all the while, having a sub-plot of the "impending doom" of Thanos, which would then setup the Phase 3 and subsequent TA3, for a grand finale of The Avengers vs Thanos, in a war for all reality.

+1

Totally agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"