Avengers Sequel ideas?

Discussion in 'The Avengers Sequels' started by Artistsean, May 15, 2009.

1. Hyde Ooga-Chaka

Well if she isn't the main protagonist then I'm certain she'll be referenced with the air force involved.

This is rather random, but I was dusting off some old toys to sell and one of them was a Tracey Island playset from the new Thunderbirds movie. It completely reminded me of SHIELD. If Ultron or another villain destroys the Helicarrier in an Avengers sequel how cool would it be to have an entire island as a SHIELD base?

2. pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

If only to watch the Hellicarrier go down I'm in. Maybe it could be a secret... volcano... lair? :dry:

3. I'm Venom "Hi, honey..."

I'd love to see Enchantress take control of Hulk. Whedon has said that he wanted to go for a more personal story for Avengers 2, and I feel Enchantress is a must. I love that character, and I'll be disappointed if she's not included in any films.

#303 I'm Venom, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  4. cleverusername8 Registered

I'm down for bringing in Enchantress and the Masters of Evil. That could make for an interesting team vs team movie as long as Justice League doesn't do it first with the Legion of Doom or Injustice Gang

5. I'm Venom "Hi, honey..."

By Avengers 3, you should have enough villains to do a version of this team. Use either Baron Zemo or Red Skull as the leader. Members include Abomination, Enchantress, and Executioner, plus anyone else they use by then.

6. Panther X Registered

Alright, so here some quick ideas in no particuar order.

- Going by the end of Avengers, Stark tower has been rebuilt as the Avengers tower, and consequently acts as the teams main headquaters.

- SHIELD will still play a part, but toned down a little. This is a chance for the team to stand on their own two feet a little, and not have SHIELD come across as their babysitters.

- The Guardians of the Galaxy make an appearance. This is assuming that they do choose to go the cosmic route and send the Avengers out into space. They'll need a connection and GotG are their golden ticket.

- Have the two teams fight each other in a good old fashioned superhero misunderstanding, all taking place in Avengers mansion. Boom. One giant action set piece done. After that they can clear off though, as they just had a movie and its the Avengers time to shine.

- No more of the cosmic cube, instead let's have the Infinity Gaunlet front and center. This can be teased throughout the rest of the phase 2 movies. MAybe the gems are what everyone is after in GotG.

-If Ant-Man does get made before A2, Wasp has got to be introduced along side him. Boom. There's your second female Avengers member. Obviously this would mean a harder task of developing all the characters. I'm sure they'd find a way if this is the situation.

- Avengers training scene!

- One of them MUST die. Maybe its Nick Fury, or one of the Avengers themselves, but someone's gotta bite the dust.

7. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

It's called The Triskelion.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Triskelion

8. Hyde Ooga-Chaka

9. Hyde Ooga-Chaka

10. Joeyjojo72 Registered

Its a possiblility MovieMaster, but I hope not. Another alien invasion isnt at the top of my list. Id even prefer Ultron.

Im leaning toward Korvac myself, as long as they only use the comics as a rough guideline. I always liked the idea of Korvac more than the actual execution.

The truth is I want Whedon to have the freedom to write a new adventure for our heroes. Nothing says he has to use a previous story as a template. Heck, TA was only loosely based on a couple different stories from the comics. Why not do something completely original?

The only thing that's important is that they maintain and expand upon the characterizations that theyve established. The actual plots - including the villains - should be left to Joss' imagination.

#310 Joeyjojo72, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  11. Hyde Ooga-Chaka

Well, the Skrulls part is expendable. It can be replaced with something or somebody, like you said, someone like Korvac. The part that I think should be in the sequel is the idea that Earth is ready for a higher form of war, and then the Avengers fail.

12. Joeyjojo72 Registered

Works for me.

13. pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

While its true that nothing says he needs to, I think loosely based is a good idea for comic book adaptations. While the general audience might not be, I think most of us will be there to see live-action versions of our favorite stories. Because its never been done. Of course a little creative expression is welcome though, because then we are surprised. :up:

14. TheVileOne Registered

So is Vin Diesel trying to put it out there to Marvel he wants to play Vision?

15. pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

I think you have some good ideas. However I agree with an above poster, I don't want to see another alien invasion. Even if that means i have to "suffer" through the cliches of genocidal artificial intelligence or time travel.

And at your point about phase 2 in The Avengers. I think part of The Avenger's victory came from defeating phase 2 and that "signal" regarding "a higher form of war." They didnt utilize phase 2 therefore Nick Fury averted war on an interplanetary scale. At least I hope.

One other thing I hope is that the Avengers fight each other a little less this time around. Maybe a slight amount of bickering between Cap and Stark, but for the most part I want to see a high-functioning ideal super-hero team-up, where they make all the right plays and still struggle to prosper.

16. Rock Sexton Registered

Please for the love of God no ......

[​IMG]

17. Hyde Ooga-Chaka

I'm devising a script for it - and in my notes so far it doesn't really play out like an invasion. The Skrulls are here because Thanos thinks an Infinity Gem is on Earth and they've been told to get it.

18. TomPiltoff you are all diseased

For real, keep that *****e far away from any Marvel movie, let alone The Avengers.

19. C_Carmichael Nerd Herder

I'm of the mindset that TA2 will need to have a focus "close to home."

TA brought us an alien invasion, and teased Thanos.

But, if they went with Thanos in TA2, what could they ever do in TA3 that could surpass the threat of Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet?

Not to mention, they will want to avoid having everything in The Avengers franchise being tied up with alien/space/galactic threats.

At least in my mind, TA2 would havea focus on "Earth Threats" - things like AIM, or Hydra, or Masters of Evil, or even Ultron (though I don't think they can get Ultron progressed far enough for TA2) - all the while, having a sub-plot of the "impending doom" of Thanos, which would then setup the Phase 3 and subsequent TA3, for a grand finale of The Avengers vs Thanos, in a war for all reality.

20. jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Avengers 2: Ultron
    Avengers 3: Thanos' climax

just remember, me and BigThor have been saying it since before we even knew Thanos was in the movie

21. terry78 LET'S FOSSILIZE 'EM!

Honestly I would expect AIM to play a role in the sequel, even if they are financing the MoE for some reason, have their own agenda due to them possibly locating a piece of the Chitauri tech, etc.

22. BigThor God of Thunder

[​IMG]

23. Joined:
    Nov 20, 2009
    Ok so I hear that people are thinking that someone in our beloved line up of the Avengers is going to kick the bucket. Rather than having someone killed off, how about writing in a new team they can go and join while the focus remains on the main one? *Hint* *Hint* The West-Coast Avengers?

As for sequels, seeing as Hank-Pym will be introduced, Ultron's a good guess of a future villain, maybe trying to pull a Skynet?

24. Artistsean Monkey Boy

Posted in another thread, but applies here too.

#324 Artistsean, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  25. Raiden Wakanda Forever

+1

Totally agree.