Super Mario How about a new "Super Mario Bros." movie?

GreatPower95

Gifted Youngster
Reaction score
It's been almost 20 years since the terrible joke of an orignal movie was made. I think its about time they make a new one. Especially since the fan base has grown now that the characters have been aout for so long.

Hopefully they'd provide a well thought out and true to the game story with awesome cgi for the land scape and Koopa Troopas and Goombas and the mighty Bowser....

If they made one who would you cast? any ideas on a plot?

no-thanks-but-yes-please-funny-vote-ballot.jpg

It should be made in the styli of scott Pilgrim, but before a Super mario bros. movie there should be a Donkey Kong one, it was in fact Mario's first game so it should be the starting point

Wouldn't that make it a Jump-Man movie?

If they keep it lighthearted and goofy, then go for it.

I know it will never happen, but I would like to see Mario use his Brooklyn accent again. I can't stand Charlie Marinet's voice. Too high-pitched. He makes Mario sound like Mickey Mouse. :dry:

CG animated is the only way to go for that.

A CG Mario Brothers movie could be amazing.

So 2D or CG. :o

Yeah. It would be hard to translate anthropomorphic mushrooms and plumbers riding around on dinosaurs into live action.. I'm sure you've all seen the drawings before.

I don't really care what how its portrayed, I'd like to see another movie, embracing the ridiculousness of the series. A well done CGI movie would be a good, and so would a live action one. Scott Pilgrim convinced me a live action version could work.

"Mario"

Two plumbers caught in a game of espionage.

Make it like the bourne identity

Or not :)

The villian for Super Mario Brothers 2 could be Donkey Kong.

The real question is, why would anyone want to make a Mario movie?

People often complain about the movie, but what were they expecting? Especially in those days, when Mario had virtually no story beyond "save the princess".

it would either have to be a 2D animated (like the 80s/90s cartoon series) or CGI (Pixar-like) to make it work

i'd personally would love to see a film, but i really doubt it will happen. also, i don't think it would do well in theaters, so it would have to be a direct to DVD movie.

Animated/CGI? Certainly.

Live action? HELL NO!

I think a live action movie could be interesting, but it'll never happen. It'd be too risky, too costly, and it would take away from what the games are about...

I don't even think a 3D animated movie would work.

There is already an animated movie, actually. It was released in 1986 in Japan only. You can find it on youtube I believe. It's called Super Mario Bros.: Peach-Hime Kyushutsu Dai Sakusen, roughly translated as The Great Mission to Save Princess Peach.

I'd love to see an all-CG movie based on the series, with Charles Martinet voicing both Mario & Luigi. Using the same general style as the Galaxy games would be cool; just include more detail and write a convincing story. :)

I would like to see a CGI Animated Mario Movie. But with a more fleshed-out Story beyond "Save the Princess".

Nope...

Keep Hollywood away from my Nintendo franchises.

Now, if Nintendo got together with a prominent Japanese studio...

But anyway, Nintendo is PSYCHOTIC-protective of their IPs when it comes to films, shows, etc., so the odds of anyone doing another Mario movie after how abysmal the 1st one was are almost non-existent. I remember there was a Kickstarter where the guys behind it wanted money to produce a Metroid CGI animated short just to show Nintendo...and Nintendo had them shut it down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"