Sequels How about Denis Leary?

Dylan C. Bargas

Civilian
Reaction score
I know that a lot of you think that Carnage shouldn't be in any Spider-Man movie. But if they decide to use him for one of them, I think Denis Leary would be a great choice. He's a good actor and he looks just like Cletus Kasady.

So, what do you all think?

Here's his IMDb profile for those who doesn't know what he looks like or have any clue who he is: www.imdb.com/name/nm0001459

I like leary alot, but not for cassidy. I could maybe see him as Gargan.

Don't want Carnage period so I have no say in this.

why do people, want Carnage to be old
at the most he should be in his late 30s,(I only say that, cause, i sitll kinda like, Skeet Ulrich) but, even that would be pushing it

Dennis Leary's got the right persona for Scorpion... I just don't know about his acting ability. He's not bad, but I think the standard should be pretty high when selecting actors.

why do people, want Carnage to be old
at the most he should be in his late 30s,(I only say that, cause, i sitll kinda like, Skeet Ulrich) but, even that would be pushing it

No way he's in his late 30's.He's like in the late 20's or early 30's

Denis Leary is good in the TV series Rescue Me, but for him to play Carnage wouldn't be too good. Carnage doesn't even need to be in a film period.

Gwen Stacy didn't need to be a film, yet was. So if Carnage was to be in a film is all anyone is suggesting. No the relevance of if he will be, but if he was who'd play him.

Gwen needed to be in a film because she played a large part in the comics. They can't have MJ as the only girl in all the movies.

Gwen needed to be in a film because she played a large part in the comics. They can't have MJ as the only girl in all the movies.

Gwen was a large part in the comics, and the part she was, they skipped over and blended with movie MJ. You want a different girl? Felicia Hardy or Debra Whitman or Liz Allan. So no they didnt NEED to have Gwen. Plus its the movieverse and not the comics. So like I said since she was skipped over she wasnt needed to be thrown in 3. Any others mentioned could of served the same role. But the whole point is that the movies dont need to have kassidy, but if they do who can play him. Your shooting blanks here pal.

Gwen was a large part in the comics, and the part she was, they skipped over and blended with movie MJ. You want a different girl? Felicia Hardy or Debra Whitman or Liz Allan. So no they didnt NEED to have Gwen. Plus its the movieverse and not the comics. So like I said since she was skipped over she wasnt needed to be thrown in 3. Any others mentioned could of served the same role. But the whole point is that the movies dont need to have kassidy, but if they do who can play him. Your shooting blanks here pal.

Felicia Hardy leads to Black Cat. Black Cat in a movie = disaster. Yeah, Debra Whitman or Liz Allan could have been in the role that Gwen was, but the movie allowed the introduction of Capt. Stacy as well. They can use his death much like they did in the comics (without Doc Ok or if they decide to bring him back) as another storyline in one of the next three movies. The Stacy's can have a much larger role in SM4. The three movies all have a blend of the comics, TAS and other ideas. Using Whitman or Allan would have changed the movie around a bit. Pal huh? The thread title asked "How about Denis Leary for Carnage". I said "NO". It doesn't say who I think should play Carnage.

Felicia Hardy leads to Black Cat. Black Cat in a movie = disaster. Yeah, Debra Whitman or Liz Allan could have been in the role that Gwen was, but the movie allowed the introduction of Capt. Stacy as well. They can use his death much like they did in the comics (without Doc Ok or if they decide to bring him back) as another storyline in one of the next three movies. The Stacy's can have a much larger role in SM4. The three movies all have a blend of the comics, TAS and other ideas. Using Whitman or Allan would have changed the movie around a bit. Pal huh? The thread title asked "How about Denis Leary for Carnage". I said "NO". It doesn't say who I think should play Carnage.

Well I admit when Im wrong and I ignored that specifically asking if dennis leary should be carnage was the thread title. I did think do to others casting kassidy that it was a carnage casting in general. So i shot myself there. But I will stick to my Stacy comment. Do we know for a fact Felicia would bring black cat? No because bringing Stacy didn't mean she died, which was a huge impact in the comics. And bringing in Capt. Stacy could lead to something else, but I doubt it. His role in Spidey 3 was pointless. He did nothing of substance except stare awkwardly while his daughter was in severe peril. And back tracking a second a movie with black cat in it doesnt have to be a disaster, a good writer could make something of interest out of her. I by no means am a huge black cat fan, but anyone can work if written well. I still feel Stacy was a waste. IF and this may or may not be a big IF that if they do more with the Stacy's then their use in 3 was justified, but if it was some sort of cameo Raimi thought would be a good plot device and nod to fans in 3, then it just misses the mark. But yeah,back to my original purpose. I'll pull out the "I'm a moron" card for not paying attention to the title of the thread in the first place. You win this round, pal :cwink:

We don't know for a fact if Black Cat will be used in a Spider-Man movie. We do know she was almost put in SM2(kinda shows you they're itching to put her in somewhere down the line). Thank god that didn't happen though. If she is ever put in a movie, I'll still watch it, but I doubt I'd like it. The Stacy's could have had more scenes if they would have cut out the singing and dancing. Eddie Brock(not Venom) needed more screen time as well. It just had too much going on for one movie. The movie should have had only 2 villians IMO. The movie could have ended with a Venom cliffhanger, but would have been stupid if none of the originals returned. Spider-Man 3 was a good movie, but it could have been ALOT better.

We don't know for a fact if Black Cat will be used in a Spider-Man movie. We do know she was almost put in SM2(kinda shows you they're itching to put her in somewhere down the line). Thank god that didn't happen though. If she is ever put in a movie, I'll still watch it, but I doubt I'd like it. The Stacy's could have had more scenes if they would have cut out the singing and dancing. Eddie Brock(not Venom) needed more screen time as well. It just had too much going on for one movie. The movie should have had only 2 villians IMO. The movie could have ended with a Venom cliffhanger, but would have been stupid if none of the originals returned. Spider-Man 3 was a good movie, but it could have been ALOT better.

I agree with almost everything you said. Yeah only doing 2 villians and having brock get more screen time leading to a Venom cliff hanger would of owned. But the movie is not a good movie. There are far to many scenes that show poor writing the butler scene and the ending to me are two prime examples. If you want a comical take on why the movie blew, howitshouldhaveended.com has a great 6 min cartoon.

Yeah he's just too old. He was great in judgment night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"