The Perfect Peter Parker!!

Discussion in 'Spider-Man Sequels' started by OoAnd1, Sep 22, 2006.

1. OoAnd1 Registered

Wow, I've read a lot about how Jake Gylenhaal should be the next Peter but I think Milo Ventimiglia would be great as Peter Parker. I saw him on the pilot of the new show 'Heroes' and he plays a possible superhero named, ironically, Peter. His character's initials are even P.P. just like Spider-Man, which may have even been forced.

His character reminds me a lot of Peter Parker, good guy, lonesome, underappreciated and he has the look also, 5'10, right weight. Unlike Jake Gylenhaal who's more like 6'0.

I'd be interesting to see what happens with the show 'Heroes'. I doubt he'd want to play two superheroes with the same first name. But then again, who doesn't want the fame, money, and career you would have by being Spider-Man in the future (4-6) trilogy.

Here's his past work. What you guys and girls think?

2. matthooper Registered

....and why do we want a new Peter? I guess you are assuming that Tobey Maguire will turn down $25 million for part 4.

3. lizard855 Lizard's #1

They would keep tobey if they were smart

4. OoAnd1 Registered

I am deff assuming that. Unless they offer him something crazy like 40 mill and a percentage of the profit I doubt he'll do ANOTHER trilogy. He's an actor, not a robot.

5. spideyman101 Registered

well, he's a good choice... i say keep Tobey Maguire... if he won't do it, then go to Milo Ventimigilia.

6. Spider-ManHero12 Web-Slinger

defenitley keep tobey, no one can match tobeys spiderman.

7. TKing Registered

Actually, I think it's Maguire who wants to leave. He has said "I'm not sure if there are more stories for this character that are interesting enough to be excited about doing more."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man_3

8. Spider-ManHero12 Web-Slinger

tobey doesnt want to leave, he loves being spiderman, he said if there are more stories to tell then he will be in it.

9. lizard855 Lizard's #1

10. spideyman101 Registered

ok, then i beleive that just about settles it... now the situation is, if Tobey dies, then Milo's a good choice. :p

11. Venomfan Registered

i think the best actor that someone picked out for whenever tobey is done, is justin long, whoever thought that one up is genius

12. Slimy Wall Crawler Registered

Justin Long is too old. People complain about Tobey's age, well Justin Long is only a couple years younger then Tobey.

13. Upset Spideyfan Look on the bright side

Something's off with his jaw when he talks. I dunno what it is, but other than that I see a lot of Peter in that face.

14. Dangerous Registered

Yeah he plays Rocky Jr in Rocky Balboa.
    Also there is no current or future Spider-man trilogy, it's just one long franchise.

15. Kevin Roegele Do you mind if I don't?

Keep Tobey, change the director. :up:

16. November Rain Single Mother

I say change tobey as well. He plays too much the peter parker of old.

too coy and shy, spidey's got balls and tobey only manages to show this while he's got his snarley angry face on.

If i was the green goblin in the first film, i wouldn't want parker as an ally, i would have destroyed him at my first opportunity, especially after that rooftop discussion (which is probably what he tried to do during the fire).

17. Kevin Roegele Do you mind if I don't?

He is playing the Ditko Parker. The milksop.

18. Cyclops Registered

Which is really what made the early Parker so special. Covering himself up in a full bodysuit and mask really liberated him, allowed him to come out of the shell he couldn't while in his civilian identity.

We have to understand that these first two movies portray Peter's earliest years on the job. Peter Parker still hasn't fully come into his own yet, which is highly understandable and believable.

19. November Rain Single Mother

well at the rate they are moving, he should have definitely have reached some sort of maturity.

I mean he's going out with a relatively big broadway star now and famous model.

he's got what he's always wanted, yet he still seems mousy.

I always liked the rendition of peter parker where he was confident during his personal life but allowed the frustrations of the world to get to him and he would find being spider-man an acceptable outlet of this.

like i couldn't see tobey taking on some drug dealers that sold harry some E, he would just look silly. Way too mousy.

20. Easter Lily Registered

It's a great idea... he would be terrific in the role. He exudes a vulnerability which probably makes the ladies weak in the knees. I think he's a better choice than Jake Gyllenhaal for that reason. JG is a terrific actor but I see him as a brooder.

The one thing I do miss about the Maguire/Raimi Spider-man is the lack of witty repartee.

21. vegeta21 Registered

I think Topher Grace would be a perfect replacement for Tobey....oh wait......nvermind....

22. DACrowe Registered

Well here's the deal with Maguire. He's played the role for 6 years and three films. He is now engaged with a kid and over 30. He is getting older.

He also started as an indie actor and outside of the Spider-Man movies has remained an indie or at least smaller prestiege picture actor. I think he will want to continue that route and pursue more admired roles (he stands a good chance of winning an Oscar one day).

Now here is Sony. Each movie is more eexpensive than the last. When you include marketing the third will cross $300 million in expenses. Laura Ziskin says a large part of that is talent. Tobey has made over $10 million a pop for SM2 and SM3. To get him to stay for a fourth would be probably over $20 million in a paycheck and a possible price percentage in the profits, while the movie is still costing more and more to make. Combined with the fact that starting with the fourth again they'll want to leave dnagling threads to go see see 5, with the same actors who started them (and it is likely Tobey and Kirsten would start signing one at a time).

In short Tobey's career is ready to most likely move on unless he is paid an exorbant amount of money which Sony probably doesn't want to afford and is willing to risk a recast and go back to paying the new guy something around $4 million (what Tobey got paid for the first Spider-Man movie).

As for replacements. A few years ago I would have said Topher Grace easy He is young, has the look, is charming, a damn good actor and has the sense of humor even better than Maguire. But alas, Sam saw this and made him Venom. So now I dunno. I'd prefer not getting the intentional Peter Parker double from a tv show about supehreroes on it though.

23. Majik1387 Registered

I love Milo but he's no Spider-man.

24. NewYorkSpider EndGame

There are more stories to tell. You have The Lizard, Hob-Goblin, Mysterio, The Scorpion and Kraven. That is just to name a few. Sam Raimi can easily write a good story if he returns.

25. fangrl06 Registered

Can someone post a picture?