How Come There Was Never a Tie-In Video Game for the 1st Movie?

TMC1982

Sidekick
Reaction score
I know that there have been numerous X-Men video games throughout the years but the only direct adaptations of the movies have been for X2: Wolverine's Revenge (in which Mark Hamill did the voice of Wolverine), X-Men: The Official Game (which coincided w/ X-Men: The Last Stand and had Wolverine, Iceman, and Nightcrawler as the playable characters), which supposedly fills the gaps between X2 and The Last Stand, and X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Just about every live-action Marvel Comic book film has had a tie-in video game. The only ones that I'm aware of that didn't get one besides the first X-Men film (and X-Men: First Class for that matter), are Blade: Trinity and Elektra (I think there was a Daredevil game, but only on handheld systems).

Then again, The Dark Knight is the highest grossing comic book/superhero movie ever and it never had a video game too (the first time that there wasn't one for a Batman film).

I don't think FOX was sure that X-Men was going to be a hit in the theaters, that was probably one of the main reasons why they didn't make one.

Plus X-Men videogames aren't really big sellers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"