• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Wolverine: The Video Game

He-Man

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://www.readexpress.com/read_freeride/2008/04/cursed_to_write_tv_comics_scribe_marc_gu.php

WRITER MARC GUGGENHEIM has a resume so mighty you might imagine that he has some of the superpowers he writes about.

When he's not working on "Eli Stone," the new ABC drama he co-created, his words can be found each month in "Amazing Spider-Man," "Young X-Men" and "Marvel Comics Presents." He also has a new title coming up from Virgin Comics with Hugh Jackman, he's writing the script for the video game tie-in for the upcoming Wolverine flick and he's co-writing the script for the Green Lantern movie. That's a lot of stuff.
-----------------------

What would you like to see in the game?

Here's another longer interview with Guggenheim, but it mostly talks about his new comic book project with Hugh called "Nowhere Man" but some brief X-Men stuff in it:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=15859

Known for both impeccable comic timing and spot-on action pacing, Guggenheim offers his unique brand of storytelling on “Amazing Spider-Man” as a member of Marvel’s bullpen of writers working on the top-selling weekly comic. He is also set to launch his own X-book this week with “Young X-Men” #1. Add to the mix that Guggenheim is the co-creator of ABC breakout hit “Eli Stone” and is also penning a script for the highly anticipated Green Lantern film for Warner Bros. with pals Greg Berlanti (“Eli Stone”) and Michael Green (“Heroes”).

You’d think he would call it a day and be going nowhere, man.

And that’s exactly right.

Guggenheim is teaming with superstar actor Hugh Jackman (“X-Men” trilogy, “The Prestige”) to write “Nowhere Man” for Virgin Comics. The publisher is joining with Jackman’s Seed Productions to create a new comic series that if successful, will be launched as a movie franchise too.

The Virgin release announcing the title was light on details, saying only the story is a “Sci Fi odyssey set in a groundbreaking vision of the future in which mankind has traded privacy for safety.”

Intresting news, but I wouldn't read too much into it. The last Wolverine game had a script by the Larry Hama and it still managed to suck.

http://www.readexpress.com/read_freeride/2008/04/cursed_to_write_tv_comics_scribe_marc_gu.php

WRITER MARC GUGGENHEIM has a resume so mighty you might imagine that he has some of the superpowers he writes about.

When he's not working on "Eli Stone," the new ABC drama he co-created, his words can be found each month in "Amazing Spider-Man," "Young X-Men" and "Marvel Comics Presents." He also has a new title coming up from Virgin Comics with Hugh Jackman, he's writing the script for the video game tie-in for the upcoming Wolverine flick and he's co-writing the script for the Green Lantern movie. That's a lot of stuff.
-----------------------

What would you like to see in the game?

cool....i would just like to have a great video game...any plot will do as long as there's wolvie :p :D

I hope the game is good. I wasn't a fan of the X2 game, and the X3 game got annoying (the Wolverine levels).

I hope the game is good. I wasn't a fan of the X2 game, and the X3 game got annoying (the Wolverine levels).
Licensed games are never really that good. What X2 game btw? The X3 game was ok for me but the Iceman levels annoyed me so i stopped playing.

we already had a wolvie game...the only way ill play this is if they decide to put xmen from the trilogy in it as unlockables, and gambit!

i hope its similar to wolverine's revenge,. the story was **** but he gameplay was pretty fun

I have a feeling a lot of the xmen future games will be like xmen legends, that format seems to sell $$$

ive never played xmen legends, but I have played marvel ultimate alliance, and i reckon the gameplay format is awesome. its seems logical to put xmen games in the same 'team play' idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"