• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

How Come There Was Never a Tie-In Video Game for the 1st Movie?

TMC1982

Sidekick
Reaction score
I know that there have been numerous X-Men video games throughout the years but the only direct adaptations of the movies have been for X2: Wolverine's Revenge (in which Mark Hamill did the voice of Wolverine), X-Men: The Official Game (which coincided w/ X-Men: The Last Stand and had Wolverine, Iceman, and Nightcrawler as the playable characters), which supposedly fills the gaps between X2 and The Last Stand, and X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Just about every live-action Marvel Comic book film has had a tie-in video game. The only ones that I'm aware of that didn't get one besides the first X-Men film (and X-Men: First Class for that matter), are Blade: Trinity and Elektra (I think there was a Daredevil game, but only on handheld systems).

Then again, The Dark Knight is the highest grossing comic book/superhero movie ever and it never had a video game too (the first time that there wasn't one for a Batman film).

I don't think FOX was sure that X-Men was going to be a hit in the theaters, that was probably one of the main reasons why they didn't make one.

Plus X-Men videogames aren't really big sellers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"