How do we stop One More Day?

J

judge515

How can we possibly put an end to this One More Day garbage and fix what Joe Q has done?

Nothing makes sense anymore, Peter Parker is essentially 16 years old again and pathetic, and I can't take this anymore.

Call up Marvel and start canceling Amazing Spider-Man subscriptions?

OMD ended, dude. It stopped itself by completing its story.

At this point, im wondering why anyone still wants to. It's been the best Spider-Man in years.

At this point, im wondering why anyone still wants to. It's been the best Spider-Man in years.

The best SMino in years. Spider-man doesn't make deals with the devil, especially to save his christian aunt.

Yeah, I don't care how well BND is written; bringing characters back from the dead for no reason, having powers being conveniently forgotten for no reason and making Peter more of a loser than he's ever been before is NOT the best Spider-Man has been in years. Slott just writes an upbeat story and all of a sudden everyone is fooled.

Nope. 100% Spider-Man, through and through.

Yep. Same old Spidey that always sacrifice others to make a selfish deal with Satan. That's what always made him relatable to the everyman right?

Seriously, how can you guys overlook the gaping continuity, logic and plot holes?

Because they don't have to explain it. I think some fans took that statement seriously

How many times does it need to be said that magic needs no explanation...terrible.

I'm with ya Cap!

Same here... :word: :up:

If that's the type of Spider-man you want to be reading about... He's still nothing like the original, making him the Amazing SMino.

It's 100% Spider-Man... whether you like it or not.

The funny thing is how everybody goes on and on about how uncharacteritic Peter was in OMD, yet fail to grasp that we were looking at a man pushed beyond any limits we had seen... and I don't care how "agenda-driven" OMD clearly was, the bottom line is that Peter "relunctantly" agrees to this deal because his wife pushed him to do it. Nobody is perfect... I'm not, you're not... and Peter Parker isn't.

So OMD happened, and bless our souls, we get to enjoy BND... which is some of the best, pure Spider-Man styled stories to be read in years.

Call him SMino all you want.. it just makes you look like a pouting baby.

Yeah, I don't care how well BND is written; bringing characters back from the dead for no reason, having powers being conveniently forgotten for no reason and making Peter more of a loser than he's ever been before is NOT the best Spider-Man has been in years. Slott just writes an upbeat story and all of a sudden everyone is fooled.

Some of these mysteries may be explained.. I personally hope so... but Peter was a big loser long before you and I were born, and it's his quality to perservere despite being such a loser is what appeals him to all of us.

And you can hate BND all you want... you're just missing out on some fun comics.

Nope. 100% Spider-Man, through and through.

The best in years. :yay:

Yep...

Seriously, how can you guys overlook the gaping continuity, logic and plot holes?

Take off the narrow-minded tunnel visioned blinders and you'll be able to see everything clearly.

:yay:

How can we possibly put an end to this One More Day garbage and fix what Joe Q has done?

1. Become fantastically wealthy and purchase Marvel Comics.

2. Organize a protest movement, including letter-writing campaign and demonstrations outside Marvel Comics offices and Joe Quesada's home.

3. Lobby Congress for an end to the counterproductive copyright regime which, among other things, hobbles this country's ability to tell stories in a serialized format to any degree of satisfaction for the audience.

Best of luck with whichever of those you decide to pursue.

but Peter was a big loser long before you and I were born

Except that he stopped being such a loser shortly after I was born and hasn't been that loser for the entirety of my life as a reader of comic books.

Take off the narrow-minded tunnel visioned blinders and you'll be able to see everything clearly.

That is hysterical. Apparently, expecting coherent explanations of useless retcons is now "narrow-minded."

Sweet. Jesus.

The Question said:
How many times does it need to be said that magic needs no explanation...terrible.

Apparently only once. Just like stating the master of magic himself (Dr.Strange) wouldn't notice the effects of this a magical spell only needed to be said once.

Seriously, all I can summarize from this is what are considered good stories now a days don't need to make sense, be in character, or have an established continuity to be considered good stories. And tomorrow Superman could have a wild orgy with demons, but it wouldn't matter as long as the story has an upbeat feel to it.

That is hysterical. Apparently, expecting coherent explanations of useless retcons is now "narrow-minded."

Sweet. Jesus.

I was trying to be funny... but it's narrow-minded to keep knocking something down like BND when most of the people doing it haven't even read it... and if they have, they did not do it with an open mind.

Put things into perspective... they're comics, and things happen in comics that sometimes people won't like.

And as far as coherent explanations goes, there are none thus far... but I have faith that they will come at some point.

Just because we live in this generation of people who "can't keep their attention spans in 5 seconds or less" unless everything is explained to them while having their hands held does NOT mean that we won't get them at some point.

I realize that there have been interviews with JQ who has stated that "it's magic, and does not need explanation", but I believe that was a comment between him and JMS that went completely out of control. Marvel has typically tried to make things cohesive in their Universe (until they let Ellis loose on their books :whatever: ), and I believe that the logic will come forth at some point... and it'll probably be some trickle effect, so don't expect a 96 page Giant-Sized Special explaining everything.

Besides... it just adds fuel to the mystery... and that makes it even more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"