• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

One More Day Discussion Thread

And did he still date a super model as well as a rich girl? Cause that seems unrelatable too.

Being in the UK I've only just had a chance to take a look at "Brand New Day" (And look was all I did).
First thoughts are it's well written and nicely drawn, but really...this is like trying to build a tent on a steaming pile of horse sh#t. No matter how nice you make that tent the stench of rancid crap that is 'one more day' just wont go away.

As for "Brand New"...rather misleading, since reading through this felt like I'd taken a step back in time 20 years. For some I guess this reversal will be a good thing. For many older readers I'd say over the coming months there's gonna be a big feeling of "been there, done that".

Anyhow, saw nothing to compel me to buy the book, and thus validate Quesada's BS agenda. When they up and undo the OMD garbage I'll take another look.

I flipped through the issue at the shop and it all just seems so....trivial.

I noticed that the first page of each book has Pete's face inches away from someone else's face. That was...odd.

This podcast I'm listening to brought up the Flash storyline from a few years back where the Spectre (then Hal Jordan) took the public's knowledge of the Flash's secret identity away. Of course, in that case, it was done really well because all the Spectre did was take everyone's knowledge of his identity away. No one came back from the dead or anything; people just forgot. And then, of course, the JLA got on Wally's ass because they didn't know who he was. The whole thing just flowed really organically and made some ****ing sense, as opposed to OMD.

I think DC handles the memory wipe thing well with some sense even though they often use magic, they go so far as to explain it, have it make sense and even show the consequences of messing around in this way. (Identity Crisis)

All OMD needed to make it not the worst thing ever has a little effort put into the explanation of it all.

All OMD needed to make it not the worst thing ever has a little effort put into the explanation of it all.

what you mean like since they knew this was the direction for two years or more they should have tried to make a story with a logical progression that's true to the characters?

Silly rabbit.

why is that?
I don't think he'd do a good job with him. My faith in Johns has been shaken for a while now. I still enjoy some of his work, but I'm wary whenever I see his name on something I actually care about. Given that Thor's my favorite character, I wouldn't want to take chances on Johns. I was worried enough with JMS writing. :o

I don't think he'd do a good job with him. My faith in Johns has been shaken for a while now. I still enjoy some of his work, but I'm wary whenever I see his name on something I actually care about. Given that Thor's my favorite character, I wouldn't want to take chances on Johns. I was worried enough with JMS writing. :o

I see what you're saying but JMS is doing a great job so far and the sinestro corps is IMO the best he's ever written (or best "event" of last year). I don't know why but I just get the feeling he'd do a good job with Thor.

I see what you're saying but JMS is doing a great job so far and the sinestro corps is IMO the best he's ever written (or best "event" of last year). I don't know why but I just get the feeling he'd do a good job with Thor.
:dry:

Um, I guess we just have very different opinions on things.

It was all right, but I didn't think it was fantastic. I had a lot of problems with Johns' portrayal of Kyle Rayner and Hal Jordan, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"