Transformers How do you guys feel at this point.......

CFlash said:
I would agree with your friends. I appreciate Singers take on SR... and it's a very well made movie. On IMAX, it was downright breathtaking. It's a GOOD movie. Unfortunately, the parts that make it amazing- the action sequences- are few and far between.

I don't mind that a director has a different vision... as long as it's a well-made movie. For instance, Batman Begins: I would have preferred to finally see a real "detective noir" version of Batman (something like Sin City), but the cast was superb and the director made a brilliant movie.

What hurts are movies like Fantastic Four. The script was good.... the cast was pretty much perfect ('cept for maybe Alba who seemed a bit miscast).... but the movie had this "cheap" crappy director vibe. Directors and producers ruin what might otherwise be great movies. In the end Fantastic Four is forgettable. Not bad... but forgettable. I get the same feeling about Transformers right now.

Very, very true.

At this point I feel that Bay is a horrid director. Just a notch or two above Uwe Boll. I feel that the faces/heads of the TF designs/pics I have seen so far are horrible and very bland. I have not read the leaked script yet, but heard many scary tidbits. So at this point I will say that after all these months I am used to many things, I have learned to accept many things, and still will see the movie, but I absolutely hate the way the production as a whole is turning out so far. It makes me a sad panda. :csad:

thegameq said:
That is what made the Transformers great you know. The stories were told from the standpoint of "these" visitors who continue their war on our planet and the humans get caught in the crossfire.
That's the MAJOR problem with this plot, script and movie: and what some Transformers fans are not getting through their head.

The Transformers are in essence the unnecessary window dressing on the script. Think Michael Clarke Duncan and Scarlett Johanson in the Island. Both cool, yet unexplored characters. One served to insert some shallow diversity, another to insert the ample boobage for an action movie of it's type.

The Transformers were a novel concept from the beginning. The Ark carries a war to a crash landing in a mountain side only to be reawakened in our world several hundred thousand years later. Not knowing whether their home still lives, or what world they live in...they restart their war yet again, and humans find themselves siding with the peaceloving Autobots. It examined the fuel crisis before there ever was a fuel crisis. It looked at the futility of war. But most of all it made humans the aliens, not the Transformers. That was novel, that was interesting. It took the lost on a foreign world concept, and made us that world.

What Bay did is what he always does, take an otherwise intriguing and interesting idea and make it a cliche barrage of product placements and shakey action sequences. I seriously doubt this will outdo TFTM 1986/87, which is an odd stance to take I know (quality wise, money wise it will crush it).

ShadowBoxing said:
The Transformers are in essence the unnecessary window dressing on the script. Think Michael Clarke Duncan and Scarlett Johanson in the Island. Both cool, yet unexplored characters. One served to insert some shallow diversity, another to insert the ample boobage for an action movie of it's type.
MCD's boobs are pretty awesome. :heart:

i seriously hope not...(cries himself to sleep watching godzilla)

What worries me are the faces of the Transformers, especially the faces. Bay thinks their faces have to be like can openers, with blades moving around, and having little round pieces of metal for eyes.

ShadowBoxing said:
That's the MAJOR problem with this plot, script and movie: and what some Transformers fans are not getting through their head.

The Transformers were a novel concept from the beginning. The Ark carries a war to a crash landing in a mountain side only to be reawakened in our world several hundred thousand years later. Not knowing whether their home still lives, or what world they live in...they restart their war yet again, and humans find themselves siding with the peaceloving Autobots. It examined the fuel crisis before there ever was a fuel crisis. It looked at the futility of war. But most of all it made humans the aliens, not the Transformers. That was novel, that was interesting. It took the lost on a foreign world concept, and made us that world.

What Bay did is what he always does, take an otherwise intriguing and interesting idea and make it a cliche barrage of product placements and shakey action sequences. I seriously doubt this will outdo TFTM 1986/87, which is an odd stance to take I know (quality wise, money wise it will crush it).
Yeah....that sounds pretty on the money, Shadow.

And I'm sure you'd know considering how big of a fan of Transformers you are...

ShadowBoxing said:

Well said, SB.

My feelings are summed up by a South Park quote:
Kyle: Joeb has all his children killed, Cartman gets his own theme park, and Michael Bay gets to keep making movies. There is no God.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"