The Dark Knight Rises How do you not get severely hurt or die from falling from "The Climb"

Shpati

Civilian
Reaction score
No joke, when Bruce first fell from the climb and that rope yanked his back, for 2 seconds, I thought he was dead.

how does your back, which was preciously injured in Bruce's case, able to take all that force from a thick rope yanking your back after a long freefall?

Time. Especially when his back was fully healed after a couple of months before he made his first climb up the Pit.

The same thing can be said about Batman using the grappling hook to hang from the train in BB, or how he and Rachel fell on top of the cab with barely a scratch thanks to the memory cloth in TDK.

Stuff like that just happens, and we as fans accept it.

The same thing can be said about Batman using the grappling hook to hang from the train in BB, or how he and Rachel fell on top of the cab with barely a scratch thanks to the memory cloth in TDK.

Stuff like that just happens, and we as fans accept it.
I can understand those. If you prepare for those, you can adjust your body to motions to reduce the impact force. Nome of those were focused force on the spinal cord.

Yeah, wasn't the rope tied around his waist? That's where the tension would be, not in his back or spinal cord.

or how he and Rachel fell on top of the cab with barely a scratch thanks to the memory cloth in TDK.

Not to get out of topic, but this really adds to the point of how Bruce hurt his leg at the end of TDK and how the memory cloth really does help Batman in Nolan's universe.

Yeah, wasn't the rope tied around his waist? That's where the tension would be, not in his back or spinal cord.
Probably where it started, but it can still work its way to the back.

Not to get out of topic, but this really adds to the point of how Bruce hurt his leg at the end of TDK and how the memory cloth really does help Batman in Nolan's universe.
Nice point. But he didnt actually use his cape to glide down, did he, in those scenes?

It's just a movie.
Yea lol, but after several months, it's fun to analyze small stuff.

Yea I agree but this simply can't be explained other than he should have been dead from that fall lol

Nice point. But he didnt actually use his cape to glide down, did he, in those scenes?

When he saved Rachel, the cape helped the fall by surrounding itself around himself and Rachel as well as Batman also landing while wrapped in the cape. When he saved Gordon's son, he dropped down with no support from the cape and got up limping.

When he saved Rachel, the cape helped the fall by surrounding itself around himself and Rachel as well as Batman also landing while wrapped in the cape. When he saved Gordon's son, he dropped down with no support from the cape and got up limping.
K, gotcha.

trying to figure out how anyone would survive that or any of the other plot holes in TDKR is like being batman in the 60's movie and trying to figure out how the shark exploded underwater after he beat the **** out of it.

the trick is to fall in a movie and not in real life !

That still would have done nothing to slow them down enough to avoid at the very least a number of broken bones. (if not outright death, considereing it looked like the party was held in the penthouse of a high-rise building) There is nothing in that scene to indicate that's why they survived the fall.

That still would have done nothing to slow them down enough to avoid at the very least a number of broken bones. (if not outright death, considereing it looked like the party was held in the penthouse of a high-rise building) There is nothing in that scene to indicate that's why they survived the fall.

What I see when I watch the scene is Batman, while holding Rachel, extend one arm (enveloped by cape) up. Not only do they spin due to the air catching in the cape, but also you can hear the cape flapping. If I pay very close attention, I do notice them slow down quite a bit before smashing the roof of the car (which not coincidentally also cushions the fall considerably). Realistic? Search me, but a close visual and aural inspection of the scene shows that (to me) it wasn't a complete free fall.

</2 cents>

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"