How does a chipped Credit Card stop fraud if there is no PIN ?

Dreadstar

Civilian
Reaction score
Ok, I got this chipped credit card. I did not get a PIN number with it. SO I tried it out. I was not asked for any PIN number! WTF? They did not check to see that my signature matched the one on the back of the card. They did not ask me for ID. This happened at several different stores.

SO, how do they know it was ME using the cc?

Is not the entire point of a chipped cc to enter in a PIN number to prevent fraud?

LOL! I know right. I don't even have a sig on the back of my card. Never been asked to put one one. rarely every get carded. It really is kind of disturbing.

Ok, I got this chipped credit card. I did not get a PIN number with it. SO I tried it out. I was not asked for any PIN number! WTF? They did not check to see that my signature matched the one on the back of the card. They did not ask me for ID. This happened at several different stores.

SO, how do they know it was ME using the cc?

Is not the entire point of a chipped cc to enter in a PIN number to prevent fraud?

When you open the envelope it comes in, there is a microscopic chip inside that binds to your skin, then burrows inside of you. It scans your DNA and the chip on the credit card links to that DNA scan and when someone else picks it up, it is capable of scanning their DNA for a match. If it doesn't match, then it knows someone other than you is using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"