World How long is Superman's natural life?

meh, exercise and nurition pwns all...

It won't make everyone look the same but certainly will help keep people in their peak physical forms for longer durations than if neglected.

as for supes, if another fat kryptonian ended up on earth, he would end up being stronger than them based on his physique, how much so is questionable but still...
Were there any fat people on Krypton? Perhaps obesity was outlawed.

Um, national law to control our physical health? . . . Dictator much?
Well yes probably...

Everyone's health isn't an individual choice which doesn't affect anyone, it affects everyone.

Larger consumption of resources, Less physical return to the community, longer period of dependance as one retires or dies at an earlier age which then causes more of a dependency on the working population who will all be fat and can't deal with it and the cycle repeats and repeats itself.

If I'm queing for hours in a hospital or my son is hurt in an accident and they can't tend to me because there's some fat dude being craned out of his house, then i'd be more than a lil pissed.

Make note, this is from someone who lives in a country with private healthcare so my taxes are being skewered towards the unhealthy for no major reason because the majority don't have self control or the motivation to better their predicament on their own terms.

I was wondering this today. Can somebody please tell me how long Superman will naturally live? I once heard someone say he is forever 30.

Don't know for sure but we know Jor-El didn't look forever 30- he had white hair and whatnot. I don't think that it's something that's ever been explored. I don't believe he is an immortal character but if I had to guess, I'd definitely say his Kryptonian life span is more than a human but not by much.

The oldest human I believe is 115 that just passed away so let's say 125. :)

I'm pretty certain though a typical Kryptonian life unaffected by kryptonite is not immortal. And just think, if there was no kryptonite, he'd be invincible- although I've heard certain magic can harm Supes- don't know about killing him though.

I'd be perfectly fine if Supes life span was like that of a human though. The only change I might give is that things like dramatic aging or heavy wrinkling, just keep it out so you show the distinction of a human life over time to that of a Kryptonian life span.

Don't know for sure but we know Jor-El didn't look forever 30- he had white hair and whatnot.

No...Marlon Brando had white hair. All incarnations of Jor-El is that of a dark haired man. And Superman's life expectancy is definitely longer than a humans.

According to DC 1 Million, Supes is alive in the 853rd century (and has been living in his Fortress of Solitude at the center of the sun for the last 15,000 years).

So he can live to be 823,000 years old. And he looked like he was still in his prime.

I thought that was Nuclear Man in Superman IV: The Quest for Peace :cwink:

Nuclear Man is alot different than Superman. Even though their bodies are nearly the same their is a difference. Superman's fuel is a yellow sun but it is not his weakness. He gets his abilities from the sun. While Nuclear Man also gets his abilities from the sun it is also his weakness when the sun goes down.

Everyone's health isn't an individual choice which doesn't affect anyone, it affects everyone.

Larger consumption of resources, Less physical return to the community, longer period of dependance ...which then causes more of a dependency on the working population ...and the cycle repeats and repeats itself.

Basic common sense and a work ethic and a good education could all be said to affect everyone similarly. Just think - if we required EVERYONE to not just graduate from high school with certain levels of knowledge, but required EVERYONE to get some post-high-school education and/or training, we'd have a much more productive workforce - and that would affect everyone for the better and we'd have many fewer people on welfare (and for shorter periods of time). But so far we haven't legislated any of that, and we do already require people to GO to school. What you're suggesting is well beyond reasonability.

What we could do, which would further your goal (presumably - I'm ignoring the nasty comments you made about fat people) of having a healthy population so everyone would be happier and live longer, would be to mandate more physical activity in schools. Give the schools more money for PE, more time for active recess, and more flexibility as to how to get kids up and moving. Less teaching-to-the-test would free up time and money right there. Oh - and mandate healthier school lunches WITH the funding to help poorer schools actually accomplish this.

Laws without funding aren't much help. Big Brother tactics are no help at all.

different writers look at him differently. Frank miller in Dark knight returns shows BRuce wayne as much much older, where clark is still young, in his 30s. Ross in kingdom com showed him older, more/less along the lines of the other characters. i think it depends on who you read.

Superman's age has never been addressed. but being more powerful, I haven't seen that though....sort of like in the book of Genesis in the Bible when people lived to be 969 yeasr old etc. He'll always be a thousands steps ahead of humans. I just think he ages extremely slow, like 1 month a year, but he still ages. Why? As mentioned before, he was in a justice league episode with grey hair and comics too, still he was strong. He must also have a life expectancy because didn't superman help found the legion of superheros. In fact, they exist many years after his death. Therefore, a 188 years to 1000 years would probably be close to his maximum.

Superman's age has never been addressed. but being more powerful, I haven't seen that though....sort of like in the book of Genesis in the Bible when people lived to be 969 yeasr old etc. He'll always be a thousands steps ahead of humans. I just think he ages extremely slow, like 1 month a year, but he still ages. Why? As mentioned before, he was in a justice league episode with grey hair and comics too, still he was strong. He must also have a life expectancy because didn't superman help found the legion of superheros. In fact, they exist many years after his death. Therefore, a 188 years to 1000 years would probably be close to his maximum.

It depends on the writers. There was a comic that had Superman and Batman that were immortal. Also "Smallville" had someone tell Clark he wouldn't die and he saw peoples death. So he lives as long as the writers want and ultimately as long as he is written about and read. Particularly the latter (if not read then watched or listened to).

Angeloz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"