How many people want to bet Wolverine will be in the Avengers movie?

Hmarrs

Sidekick
Reaction score
How many people want to bet Wolverine will be in the Avenger movie?
if you will notice it is being set up that way.
He is on the current Avenger team.
There is a scene in the new Wolverine movie where he is fighting in WWII
He is a big money maker in all of his films marvel is not going to take a chance in a big budget film without a cash cow.
All the characters who have gotten their own films have been lined up for an Avenger movie.Don't forget Spiderman is also on the current team.
Coincedence come on let's not be naive.
They put Spiderman and Wolverine on the current team so fans wont scream.

Hey Spiderman and Wolverine were never Avengers?
Guess what?...They are.

Now some of you might say yeah but so and so owns the rights.
True but these rights are only for a limited time.
By the time they make all these movies.Thor,Captain America,Antman oh yeah Luke Cage ummmmm...let me see YEP!!!! He's an Avenger tooo.

By the time all these movies are made they will have the rights back.

The build up is already there.Think about it.

Coincedence I don't think so.

You want to bet money on that? I'm being serious because I will TOTALLY make that bet with you. Wolverine is not going to be anywhere near Avengers. I'm amazed that people can still even think this.

Okay let me break it down to you thusly: The way these things work is that Fox will have the rights to the characters as long as they continue to make films with them every so often amount of years (I don't know what they're deal is, but let's just say 5 for now) So Fox has the rights to the X-Men characters as long as they do one film every 5 years; the next X-Men film is Wolverine which comes out in 2009, so it will be 2014 until the rights lapse back to Marvel, 3 years too late already for the 2011 Avengers film...but WAIT, Fox also has Magneto planned which is already in the location scouting stage, let's say that came out in 2010, then they would hold the rights until 2015, but we're not done yet! They have a script being written for another spin-off, Young X-Men, that could come out in 2011 or even 2012 giving them the rights until 2016 or 2017, but there's STILL more, I've heard that Fox was interested in pursuing DTV movies for certain solo characters, which means Marvel wouldn't get their rights back until god knows when.

But even beyond that, Fox has no reason, and would be stupid to, build up to and promote a movie being made by one of their competitors. That would be SHEER idiocy, and they're DEFINITELY not going to be setting up Wolverine in the Avengers in anyway, because doing so would mean that they were planning on letting the rights to their character lapse, and for what, out of good will? They just up and decided, "Oh we have this billion dollar franchise with the potential for millions more, but let's throw it away because it would be really cool to see what this total different company could do with it!"

Not going to happen.

Aren't Wolverine's rights owned by Fox? He has not yet come back to Marvel studios,has he?

Aren't Wolverine's rights owned by Fox? He has not yet come back to Marvel studios,has he?

Yep, still at FOX and they aren't going to let them go easily. I imagine Sony will let Spider-Man lapse before Fox parts with the X-Men.

You want to bet money on that? I'm being serious because I will TOTALLY make that bet with you. Wolverine is not going to be anywhere near Avengers. I'm amazed that people can still even think this.

Okay let me break it down to you thusly: The way these things work is that Fox will have the rights to the characters as long as they continue to make films with them every so often amount of years (I don't know what they're deal is, but let's just say 5 for now) So Fox has the rights to the X-Men characters as long as they do one film every 5 years; the next X-Men film is Wolverine which comes out in 2009, so it will be 2014 until the rights lapse back to Marvel, 3 years too late already for the 2011 Avengers film...but WAIT, Fox also has Magneto planned which is already in the location scouting stage, let's say that came out in 2010, then they would hold the rights until 2015, but we're not done yet! They have a script being written for another spin-off, Young X-Men, that could come out in 2011 or even 2012 giving them the rights until 2016 or 2017, but there's STILL more, I've heard that Fox was interested in pursuing DTV movies for certain solo characters, which means Marvel wouldn't get their rights back until god knows when.

But even beyond that, Fox has no reason, and would be stupid to, build up to and promote a movie being made by one of their competitors. That would be SHEER idiocy, and they're DEFINITELY not going to be setting up Wolverine in the Avengers in anyway, because doing so would mean that they were planning on letting the rights to their character lapse, and for what, out of good will? They just up and decided, "Oh we have this billion dollar franchise with the potential for millions more, but let's throw it away because it would be really cool to see what this total different company could do with it!"

Not going to happen.

I agree with you.I would much rather see an original version of Avengers but remember business is business.They can merger on this deal and even loan Wolverine out if it means they can all make money.It has happened before.It becomes a win,win situation for everyone if the money is right.

No. It's NOT. GOING. TO. HAPPEN. It isn't, and that's all there is to it.

Wolverine WON'T be in Avengers. Period. End of story.

Next!

How many people want to bet Wolverine will be in the Avenger movie?
if you will notice it is being set up that way.
He is on the current Avenger team.
There is a scene in the new Wolverine movie where he is fighting in WWII
He is a big money maker in all of his films marvel is not going to take a chance in a big budget film without a cash cow.
All the characters who have gotten their own films have been lined up for an Avenger movie.Don't forget Spiderman is also on the current team.
Coincedence come on let's not be naive.
They put Spiderman and Wolverine on the current team so fans wont scream.

Hey Spiderman and Wolverine were never Avengers?
Guess what?...They are.

Now some of you might say yeah but so and so owns the rights.
True but these rights are only for a limited time.
By the time they make all these movies.Thor,Captain America,Antman oh yeah Luke Cage ummmmm...let me see YEP!!!! He's an Avenger tooo.

By the time all these movies are made they will have the rights back.

The build up is already there.Think about it.

Coincedence I don't think so.

Fox holds the rights to Wolverine and the rest of the X-Men indefinitely.

...unless of course Marvel lets Fox distribute the movie in exchange for using Wolverine. :cwink: Sorry, couldn't resist. I honestly can't see Jackman doing it. After Wolverine he will have played the character 4 times. I'm guessing he will want to hang up the claws.

...unless of course Marvel lets Fox distribute the movie in exchange for using Wolverine. :cwink: Sorry, couldn't resist. I honestly can't see Jackman doing it. After Wolverine he will have played the character 4 times. I'm guessing he will want to hang up the claws.
Exactly my point.
But let's just say they don't let the rights go and you guys are right fine no problem.

But now let me put you on to somthing.

Marvel still retains certain rights to Wolverine.
He could appear as Wolverine in full yellow and black custom which is technically a different variation of Wolverine altogether which is fully allowed.Trust me there are so many loop holes that it is just amazing.

What we may want is one thing what is going to happen is another.
Can't you see the build up??!!!

C'mon guys work with me.Let's not be clouded by what we want as oppsed to what is.

Exactly my point.
But let's just say they don't let the rights go and you guys are right fine no problem.

He could appear as Wolverine in full yellow and black custom which is technically a different variation of Wolverine altogether which is fully allowed.Trust me there are so many loop holes that it is just amazing.

No, that's not how things work. Fox owns the movie rights to Wolverine, it doesn't matter if they stick him in a tutu, Marvel studios can't use him. Only thing that would get Marvel is a nice big lawsuit, and getting sued over your own character is just embarrassing. Besides, Louis Leterrier wanted to name the college in TIH after the one Peter Parker goes to. He wasn't even going to have the character in or anything, it was just the name of the school and he couldn't even do THAT.

And you're crazy if you think the fact that part of Wolverine takes place in WWII means that they're "building up" to have him in Avengers. That's SERIOUSLY reaching, man.

Exactly my point.

Also no-one and I mean no-one knows what was signed in the the agreement of the copyright itself.What ristrictions were allowed and what were not.What condition there were and what condition there were not.How does anyone know if an Avenger movie was a condition.
Who knows...........
I don't mean this sarcastically but who of us was there..............?
Exactly.
I for one would like to see an Avenger movie remain true to origin but...
You can always see what Marvel is going to do if you follow the build up.
Ultimates=Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury.
Ultimates=Hulk has the tie in to the Super seruim fomula.
Ultimates=Shield organizes Avengers.
Current Marvel Shield and Iron,Iron is the main man.
All solo Marvel movies=The current line up of the Avengers it is going to be an Ultimates/Current marvel Avengers
Iron man
Hulk
Antman
Captain America
Thor
Luke Cage
Spiderman
Are all solo movies in production or have been done and they are all Avengers period.Let's not be naive.
C'mon guys work with me.Let's not be clouded by what we want as oppsed to what is.

Okay, sorry. I can see now that I'm arguing with a crazy person.

And if you say "exactly my point" again I'm going to die of laughter.

If nothing else, he won't be in THE AVENGERS simply because of the price tag to keep Jackman in a film that will already have an astronomical budget.

Okay, sorry. I can see now that I'm arguing with a crazy person.

So this makes me crazy/
Just because I can see the Marvel tie-in and you can't or won't.
I'm not by any means saying this is what I want.
I'm saying they don't make movies based on loyalty to fans they make movies based on MONEY!If everyone can get a piece of the profit it will happen and the lead in,shows that it will happen.
Also it does not have to be Hugh Jackamn and probably won't.
All it has to be is a variation of Wolverine that does not conflict with the other.If that is even a restriction again who knows what was on the pappers as conditions for Wolverine.Marvel does not sign it all away especially knowing they will form there own company for making movies which it has been in the works for a long time.Even if there is a ton of money to go around.
I said long ago Samuel Jackson was going to play Nick Fury everyone said I was crazy.
They said there is no way that will happen.He is too high paid of an actor.
Other people said that won't happen the Ultimate comics have nothing to do with real continuity.
Then BAMMM!!!!
I said a long time ago that they were going to work the secret formula into the Hulk.Again people said I was crazy.
They said their won't even be another Hulk.
All you have to do is look at the ground work that Marvel lays out.
There is a reason for everyhting that Marvel does.Marvel has figured out that the way to successful movie is not tie the movie to the comic but tie the comic into the movie.Therefore there is no disputes of continuity.Do it in the comic first then the movie.In other words lay out your ground work for the movie in the comic book first.Then your movies seems on par with the comic.
It's all there guys let's not be naive.Look at the ground work.If what is it all for?
I'm telling you guys business is business.

Oh and that's exactly my point.

Because it's happening in the comics, doesn't make it likely to happen elsewhere.

Because it's happening in the comics, doesn't make it likely to happen elsewhere.
What I'm saying is there is a reason it's happening.
They are laying groundwork for what they are going to do.

A reason for it in the comics? Of course, because Marvel wanted their two most popular characters on the team, and in the subsequent "event" series.

A reason for it in the comics? Of course, because Marvel wanted their two most popular characters on the team, and in the subsequent "event" series.

Current Avenger roster= Current Movie roster

Spiderman= Spiderman
Wolverine= Wolverine
Luke Cage= Luke cage

Ultimates Avenger roster= Current Movie list roster

Ironman= Ironman
Thor= Thor
Captain America= Captain America
Antman= Antman

Avengers List= Avengers movie in the works

In current comics they are all Avengers all by circumstance,Man if you guys can't see it.There is a bridge I want to sell you guys.I'm done.
Their is even a scene in the new Wolverine movie where he is fighting in WWII.

Marvel doesn't need Wolverine in an "Avengers" flick to do well. I think the success of "Iron Man" has proven that. With plans for Cap, Thor, and Ant Man movies on the way, it looks like they are setting up for either the original line-up, or an "Ultimates" adaptation (since Hulk has been incorporated into this continuity as well).

Marvel doesn't need Wolverine in an "Avengers" flick to do well. I think the success of "Iron Man" has proven that. With plans for Cap, Thor, and Ant Man movies on the way, it looks like they are setting up for either the original line-up, or an "Ultimates" adaptation (since Hulk has been incorporated into this continuity as well).

Hulk IS in the original line-up.

Original:
Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant-Man, Wasp

2nd Line-up:
Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Giant-Man, Wasp

I'll bet a thousand dollars and all the whiskey in Ireland that Wolverine will not be in The Avengers. You really should read the Marvel slate that has it coming out in 2011 and while I can see that being postponed to 2012, even then there is no way Fox or Sony will have lost the rights to their franchises by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"