How Many Times did you saw X3 in the theatre?

Angamb

Avenger
Reaction score
seeing other boards, I find curious to know how many times x-men fans saw The Last Stand in the theatre.

let's see what most of us did. :yay:

I saw it once too.

I had the intention of going again with my brother and cousins, but the film was as good that I left the idea, hehe.

once. I rarely watch movies twice in the theaters anyway

Once. Definitely, one of the most disappointing experiences I've ever had at a movie theater.

so still none has seen it three or more times?

I think there are some out there, hehe...

I saw the IMAX screening so have now seen it four times.

Once was an advance media screening, then with a friend at a normal screening, then again with another friend, then the IMAX.

I saw it 3 times...first on opening night...2nd with my younger bro and cousin and last with my girfriend

that means you loved the movie, no? hehe

that means you loved the movie, no? hehe

When I first saw X3, I was very excited and thought it was great, so it was good to see it again when I had calmed down a bit! But I agree Singer's two X-movies are better films overall. Seeing all three of the X-films at the weekend, it was obvious Singer's were technically better in terms of dialogue, acting, storytelling and mood. But Singer's movie aren't perfect - their flaws were obvious to me as well.

definetly.

But seeing X3, X2 and X1 seem masterpieces, hahahahha.

I only saw X3 once, but I went saw X2 twice!!! I love the phoenix rising part at the end!!!!!

definetly.

But seeing X3, X2 and X1 seem masterpieces, hahahahha.

Well, X1 and X2 are technically superior, even if they are sometimes a little gloomy with the lighting (Singer does tend to use a lot of filters - he also made Superman Returns quite dark with lots of filters).

In X1, what stood out was when Paquin's character introduces herself to Wolverine as Rogue in the truck near the start of the movie. It seemed odd she would use her superhero codename at that point. I also noticed Halle's hairline in the part where wind blows her hair as she attacks Toad - why didn't they fix that digitally?

In X2, the scene where Wolverine's claws wobble when the cat licks them was cut shorter, so the wobbling wasn't as obvious. The TV shot of Hank McCoy was much more obvious - a huge shot that took up the entire screen; it actually made X3 seem better as you could see what he once was in X2 before his mutation advanced. It made the scene with Leech where his hand changes seem more emotional. I didn't like the part where Rogue flies the jet to the X-Men at the end - how did she know they were there!?

X3 definitely had faster pacing - too fast! It began to breathe when Jean Grey is on the infirmary table, the pace definitely slowed down there. Cyclops' death was too sudden, as we all know, and lacked a sense of ceremony, as we all know. And the bee still crawled on Wolverine's jacket and Jean still stood around on Alcatraz and day turned to night too quickly. I'm also not sure I like the way Magneto's powers were depicted in X3 as scrunching/crushing metal (like the restraints for Juggernaut on the prison truck). I wouldn't associate that scrunching with magnetism...

"More than 5 times"

I actually saw the movie 7 times in theaters, and I've watched it a bazillion times on DVD.

I would agree for the most part with X-Maniac.

Singer's films are technically better, but "X-Men: The Last Stand" is funner.

I think both directors succeeded in bringing particular elements to the table that the other failed at.

As far as "X-Men: The Last Stand" goes, my original opinion on it remains, 2 years later: When it succeeds, it is absolutely the best of the trilogy. In concept, it has the most epic ideas. In execution, it is lacking in many areas, and some ideas were absolutely horrible (killing Cyclops, curing Rogue, killing Xavier, turning Wolverine into a leader, Magneto regaining powers, Xavier "surviving" in the braindead body), and when the movie fails (and it does in areas), it's the worst of the trilogy.

So, Singer's films are much more consistent. They don't do anything horribly wrong, but they don't exactly reach the potential that the X-Men franchise has.

I think that Ratner's film reached the potential, but at the same time, did some things horribly, horribly wrong.

In the end, I love all 3 movies. I can watch any of them at any time, and as an X-Men fan, I am very satisfied with the overall trilogy. Except for a couple things, like the aforementioned flaws in X3, the lack of Gambit, and Nightcrawler's disappearance, there isn't much that I would do differently.

Once at the cinema, most dissapointing cinema experience of my life, most dissapointing movie of my life, period!

One in a half....

First time, there was a black out halfway through, so we watched it the next day.

I saw it about four time. I really enjoyed it and my fiancee also used to work in our local cinema at the time so we got in free. :) He was also able to get me an Angel poster which was never put up in the building and was then sold to raise money for charity.

I saw it once , and after witnessing that crapfest I decided not to see it again and thanked the lord Gambit wasn't in it.
:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"