Who WON'T see this movie in the theatre?

The most total good could be also not paying and not watching it... you don't give them your money, and you don't watch a money so worthless of a ticket...

I thought you liked the film Kanon?I haven't and won't watch the bootleg/leaked version so that is why I still want to see the film, to come up with my own opinion if I liked it or hated it.

Gross.

Im gonna vomit...thanks.

And K, I actually thought this flick looked good. bad place....I STILL think it looks good.....because the trailers were so well made. But I hated it. If it had been good, I would've missed it because I never saw it. Weather I paid for it or not.

Technically, not morally but technically what I plan to do isn't 'right' but it's not stealing since I'm still paying for A movie ticket. My previous post explained perfectly in regards to going to a non sold out show how Fox wouldn't be necessarily losing money since I wouldn't be taking an actual Wolverine ticket holder's seat.
If that's the case, (the movie is playing anyway, and it is 'wasted' on an empty seat) why do you pay for a ticket? The theater is showing it anyway, they don't loose money.

Again, not judging or caring, just for arguments sake :)

I never said nor do I consider it to be righteous or morally right.

Technically, not morally but technically what I plan to do isn't 'right' but it's not stealing since I'm still paying for A movie ticket. My previous post explained perfectly in regards to going to a non sold out show how Fox wouldn't be necessarily losing money since I wouldn't be taking an actual Wolverine ticket holder's seat.
You're looking at theft as taking something, leaving someone else without, which certainly is a form of theft.

But not paying for a service is theft as well. Hopping on a train without paying doesn't take money away, but you are still not paying for something you are supposed to, so that's still a form of stealing.
Movie companies are providing you a service, and as the owners/artists, they can set the price, if you use thier service, and don't pay the price, it's still a form of theft, albeit different kind of theft than taking a candy bar.

I will agree with you that taking something that leaves someone else without something is worse that using a service (like hopping the train) for free.

The most total good could be also not paying and not watching it... you don't give them your money, and you don't watch a money so worthless of a ticket...

That is most definitely a possibility. I am waiting until a friend gets it on DVD to bother checking out the "theatrical version".

I thought you liked the film Kanon?
Yeah, I liked and will be seeing it again. The "worthless" thing was from the point of view of the person not paying :D

That is most definitely a possibility. I am waiting until a friend gets it on DVD to bother checking out the "theatrical version".
That's fine, unless your friend buys a pirated copy, so Fox doesn't get his money :hehe:

Yeah, I liked and will be seeing it again. The "worthless" thing was from the point of view of the person not paying :D

It's always great when someone is able to view things from another perspective. The movie isn't totally "worthless". It isn't a complete abomination or anything. It is just so frustratingly mediocre that it pisses people off worse than if it just flat out sucked.

Figs, sorry to say but yeah, paying for another flick, and walking into another is kinda stealing....but who gives a crap. Just do it anyway. Dont pay for a Fox fiick!!!!

If that's the case, (the movie is playing anyway, and it is 'wasted' on an empty seat) why do you pay for a ticket? The theater is showing it anyway, they don't loose money.

Again, not judging or caring, just for arguments sake :)

I'm paying for a ticket to support the actual theatre. Although carnageehw and to some extent you, still think what I am doing is outright theft(I obviously don't) I am still paying for the theatre's services. Theft to me would be to sneak in through the exit doors of the theatre and never buy a ticket at all. What I'm doing I absolutely do not agree is actual theft, it may not be 100% honest or in the right but I'm not stealing a tangible object. As you said the movie is playing regardless and I will be making sure to go to a non sold out show.
You're looking at theft as taking something, leaving someone else without, which certainly is a form of theft.

But not paying for a service is theft as well. Hopping on a train without paying doesn't take money away, but you are still not paying for something you are supposed to, so that's still a form of stealing.
Movie companies are providing you a service, and as the owners/artists, they can set the price, if you use thier service, and don't pay the price, it's still a form of theft, albeit different kind of theft than taking a candy bar.

I will agree with you that taking something that leaves someone else without something is worse that using a service (like hopping the train) for free.

I see what your saying with the hopping on a train doesn't take money away from them thing but as I said multiple times already I am paying for a service, the theatre's service.

It doesnt matter though...you dont have to justify anything to anyone. No one is going to care. :lol

Figs, sorry to say but yeah, paying for another flick, and walking into another is kinda stealing....but who gives a crap. Just do it anyway. Dont pay for a Fox fiick!!!!

I stand by my opinion which I believe outright though, Celtic.Stealing what, oxygen from the other viewers? That's the thing, all the people who made the film, cast, crew and composer/effects crew already get paid as part of the budget. I'm still paying the theatre for their services which is repeatedly showing movies all day and night.It is nothing tangible that I can take and run away with.

I'm paying for a ticket to support the actual theatre. Although carnageehw and to some extent you, still think what I am doing is outright theft(I obviously don't) I am still paying for the theatre's services. Theft to me would be to sneak in through the exit doors of the theatre and never buy a ticket at all. What I'm doing I absolutely do not agree is actual theft, it may not be 100% honest or in the right but I'm not stealing a tangible object. As you said the movie is playing regardless and I will be making sure to go to a non sold out show.
I agree what you're doing is better than sneaking in the back door. There are various levels of theft. Downloading a movie to watch once at home is theft, but it's on a pretty low level of seriousness, at least for me.

Movies apparently make little money on ticket sales though, so I dunno.

I know. And I dont disagree with you. Thats how I believe as well...but you're stealing from the Studio....so to which I say, go for it.

I see what your saying with the hopping on a train doesn't take money away from them thing but as I said multiple times already I am paying for a service, the theatre's service.
That would work perfectly, if the studio (or whoever is the copyright owner of the movie, blah blah) get payed in advance, or for showing regardless of the number of tickets sold... If the theater payed one time only to the studio to show the movie, and kept the whole of the ticket sales after that, then there would be negative consequences in what you do. It wouldn't matter wich movie you watch 'cause the money would have ended in the same pocket... But in reality, they are both (theater and studio) providing the service...

The creative people make the movie, but there's millions of great movies made that you never see or hear about.

The studio execs make it possible for you to see in a theatre near you. All that work and organization is deserving of your ticket money if you want to see the movie.

There ya go. Plus, most studios take in 80% of the box office for the first two weeks of a run. After that, it drops to 50/50 or lower.

I never said nor do I consider it to be righteous or morally right.

Either way, don't worry. I bought you peace of mind. You're welcome.

My only dilemma is that your ticket says "adult". I know that's pushing it but I figured why not?

I like how YJ1 is spending his money just to spite some guys on the internet.

There ya go. Plus, most studios take in 80% of the box office for the first two weeks of a run. After that, it drops to 50/50 or lower.

Either way, don't worry. I bought you peace of mind. You're welcome.

My only dilemma is that your ticket says "adult". I know that's pushing it but I figured why not?

I'm glad you can piss your money away because of some guy on your internet forum. Did you tell the ticket man what you're goal was?

"Yeah, i'm buyin these for some jerk on the internet who wont pay for a ticket. That'll show him."

Seriously, if that doesnt scream NO LIFE, I dont know what does.

And honestly, you're calling him a child, but when you are in face doing something so immature, its sickening.

Wait wait wait wait...someone is buying extra tickets just to give Fox money to spite fanboys on here?

Im actually buying WB movie tickets and seeing Wolverine...so counteract me and my girlfriend by buying 4 tickets!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"