How serious are you as a gamer?

TX85

Avenger
Reaction score
Reading gaming forums&threads/comments on online articles&youtube and hearing it during game chats..I'm so sick of all these"noob"vs"hardcore gamers"arguments for every damn video game,Games are made for entertainment and fun,Not everybody has to be such a badass skilled gamer and everybody has been a noob for everything in their lives.

IF a noob/casual gamer kills you in a BS way..So what?It does not actually affect you except you get less points in a video game,And achievement/trophies and first place in ranked&especially player matches means ****,You win&lose some so no big deal and just enjoy games.

I'm just so annoyed and felt like talking about it,Since I joined online gaming when this generation started it's been like this for all these years&every damn day.

I avoid online gaming with strangers. People are just so nasty. Perhaps on PC or the PSN they're better, but on Xbox my experience has largely been unpleasant. I'll play with friends if I have the opportunity, but that's about it.

As to how serious I am, I love video games -but as you say, they're just for fun. If I go a few weeks without playing any it's not the end of the world, and if I find myself getting frustrated I'll turn it off. I'll certainly never enter arguments about which console is better or criticize the way someone else plays "you're not supposed to do it that way!" etc.

I play them to have a good time.

This generation of consoles has killed online gaming for me. Unless it's a Co-Op mode where the players have to work together. I wouldn't consider myself a very serious gamer. I turn on a game to relax and unwind from a long day. So the rising frustration of online game play takes away from the relaxing part.

I'm a serious gamer, but I make it a priority to not get involved in discussions that lead to nowhere. Namely, console wars, PC vs. Consoles, etc.

I don't play on the 360 online, but I do play on the PC online. Since not all games have mandatory VOIP, I must say it's a very pleasant and peaceful experience.

I don't game chat anymore and only use my mic for pvt.parties with my online buddies But some games I can still hear people through the TV even though I had settings on chat through headset only(not sure on my PS3 But I know I do on 360),I can mute them But some matches start before I get to.

Never got why people get so bitter&personal over a video game and sent nasty hateful text or voice messages,Nig..&Fa. Seems to be angry players top two words.

I don't game chat anymore and only use my mic for pvt.parties with my online buddies But some games I can still hear people through the TV even though I had settings on chat through headset only(not sure on my PS3 But I know I do on 360),I can mute them But some matches start before I get to.

Never got why people get so bitter&personal over a video game and sent nasty hateful text or voice messages,Nig..&Fa. Seems to be angry players top two words.

You've got to understand, though, Luis: for "serious" gamers, that game is the ONLY thing they're good at in life. :word:

Im serious when i play 2 games, Battlefield 3 and Gears of War 3. I expect to win every time and take it personally when i dont or when i feel my team is lacking. I jumped on my buddy the other night because he just let a rocket hit him while he was driving the chopper even tho he had flares and could hear the beep of the missile indicator(altho i let him off easy as he's generally an ace in the air). Nothing frustrates me more in those 2 games than slack teammates. I dont really ever play MP games without friends tho, primarily because i like knowing who my teammates are, plus its just a lot more fun.

I also rarely play a MP and not use party chat. Trash talk gets in my head too easily and when someone starts trash talking me, i trash talk back and then focus ONLY on embarrassing that other player to the point that it becomes a detriment to my team. So i just avoid all of that.

I don't play online multiplayer. It's a competition I'm bound to lose because I have neither the time nor the desire to play a game so much that I am unbeatable in it, and therefore I usually am just getting clobbered. Just not my idea of fun. I prefer cinematic games with great story every single time, or just playing sports games single player.

I play, have fun, then drop it. I don't let this become an important part of my life, like people who send death threats to developers.

People have actually send death threats to game developers/publishers?,Like when calling or e mailing companies?

Actually i'm up for discussing about casual and hardcore gamers. The casual gaming industry (mostly facebook games) is destroying the genre, and serves more as a distraction than an actual game. That in the core is dead wrong.

Facebook and other social networks make easy money with casual players... and the Apps don't go too much far either...

The competitive nature of games really makes me drink. I don't drink doing anything else except play online. Funny thing is of course I'm ten times worse at games when I'm drunk. But being drunk and playing games is my favorite thing to do. I've been thinking of getting rid of my xbox so I wont be tempted to play and drink

I'm somewhat casual, I feel there are more important things in life but gaming IS my number one hobby. And don't really have much of a competitive nature at all. I play for fun, that's it. A game needs a good storyline to pull me in and VERY few online games grab me now. But I do love online games like Borderlands 2 and Guild Wars 2.

The occasional Battlefield 3 also :) But I don't get mad if I lose or whatever, it's just a GAME.

People have actually send death threats to game developers/publishers?,Like when calling or e mailing companies?

Oh yea, I think there were some sent to the devs of Mass Effect after the last game failed to deliver exactly what the fans wanted. I'm also sure Team Ninja got some for their reboot of DmC.

People have actually send death threats to game developers/publishers? Like when calling or e mailing companies?
Yeah. Leads me to believe that these people don't have real life issues to care about.

I just get pissed when I get killed over and over again and don't get my fill of fun. But it also depends on the game and who I'm playing with. So in some games, even if I get my ass kicked, it's still lots of fun. Like when I play a wrestling game, which my friend is really good at, when we are at least 3 or 4 people playing the game, we usually team up on his ass to take him down. And all kinds of hilarity ensue in the process.

I just get pissed when I get killed over and over again and don't get my fill of fun. But it also depends on the game and who I'm playing with. So in some games, even if I get my ass kicked, it's still lots of fun. Like when I play a wrestling game, which my friend is really good at, when we are at least 3 or 4 people playing the game, we usually team up on his ass to take him down. And all kinds of hilarity ensue in the process.

That reminds me of back when Mortal Kombat came out, me and my buddies would get together to play the King of the Hill mode(or whatever it was called) and one of my friends was down right unbeatable so when he finally went down(after like 17 matches) all of us erupted in this joyous celebration. That was some of the most fun iv had. I just wish that games online network didnt suck so much(at least on the 360 version)

THIS SERIOUS AAAAAAAAHHH.....

BArbPgKCMAEON3j.jpg:large

BBi1WlyCYAEdF3Q.jpg:large

OH GOD I'M SO HARDCORE AAAAAAAAAAH

Oh yea, I think there were some sent to the devs of Mass Effect after the last game failed to deliver exactly what the fans wanted. I'm also sure Team Ninja got some for their reboot of DmC.

Wow:wow:

I guess I could be considered a hardcore gamer, but I'm not superserious and rarely play online. Whenever I get a game, I try to get all the single player achievements, I think it really came from the 3D platformers of the N64 generation, trying to get everything in the game, every star, music note, Jinjo, banana, etc... Just felt the game was incomplete until I got everything. Now I feel the same way about achievements. However, it is more of a distraction/fun thing than anything else, I will get obsessed with a game when I'm nearing the end though.

As for online gaming, I liked to play when I was single, but being married now and having a puppy I just find I don't have the time to commit. I want a game that I can stop playing at a moments notice, which is what single player allows me to do. Plus most of the time I suck at it because too many players spend way too much time playing multiplayer. I tried playing Assassin's Creed mulitplayer a few months ago and couldn't do a damn thing, I was getting killed left and right, it wasn't even fun.

I don't think there's anything wrong with being a hardcore gamer But I think it shouldn't be rubbed in people's faces nor expect others to play like them(skilled pro or obviously just having fun)

I don't think there's anything wrong with being a hardcore gamer But I think it shouldn't be rubbed in people's faces nor expect others to play like them(skilled pro or obviously just having fun)

Well its not much different than anything else. I dont like going to the gym and playing ball with someone who just wants to run up and down the court and chuck the ball at the hoop every chance he gets. Same thing with Gears, i dont wanna play that game with someone who just wants to chainsaw every enemy he can.

I don't have time to be as serious a gamer anymore. I'm lucky if I get an hour in a day. Bc of that I don't really do much online gaming anymore and stick to single player experiences

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"