How should Marvel make an Inhumans movie?

Mr. Dent

Superhero
Reaction score
Given that Feige name dropped them along with Doctor Strange and the Guardians as being in serious talks for a film and the fact that the upcoming Infinity event will be putting the Inhumans in a huge role, it's becoming pretty clear that they will be getting their own film eventually, likely in phase 3.

So, considering that, how do you think Marvel could pull this off? They could be the Marvel U's version of the X-Men, but their introduction would have to be completely different from the comics due to Marvel not owning FF. Could Inhumans work as a completely space oriented film?

They should introduce them in their original origins with the Kree. The biggest problem is going to be getting an actor that can display all the subtleties of Black Bolt. In this day and age getting an actor who can play a non speaking role is much harder than it was in the time of silent films.

Yeah, whatever actor manages to pull that off will be very impressive. Medusa should help get some of his nuances across though.

Also, I thought about the Kree, but I'm still not sure if Marvel has the rights for the Kree. And a big part of the Inhumans, besides being shunned by the Kree, is how they are feared by humans. That makes me think it can't/shouldn't be a cosmic-only film. However, without the FF, I'm really at a wall for how they will be connected to the Earth, other than there being some kind of fallout in A2 that causes it.

They should introduce them in their original origins with the Kree. The biggest problem is going to be getting an actor that can display all the subtleties of Black Bolt. In this day and age getting an actor who can play a non speaking role is much harder than it was in the time of silent films.

There is definitely one actor that comes to mind when you say silent, powerful performances....Ryan Gosling.

I would like to see 1 of 2 ways:

An already established base on the moon and an already established royal family. Of course, you want flashbacks to the origin. Anyway, the main plot would be Maximus trying to take over the throne. I also want to see some battles with the Kree Empire

Origin of the Inhumans using the Kree origin. They have several small battles with some important Kree generals and escape to the Moon. Then there is an Avengers-like battle with the Kree Empire.

The first idea is more of a political thriller where the second is more action-packed.

There is definitely one actor that comes to mind when you say silent, powerful performances....Ryan Gosling.
I was thinking Gosling for Iron Fist because he's the silent brooding type too but Black Bolt may actually be a better fit for him.

Yeah, whatever actor manages to pull that off will be very impressive. Medusa should help get some of his nuances across though.

Also, I thought about the Kree, but I'm still not sure if Marvel has the rights for the Kree. And a big part of the Inhumans, besides being shunned by the Kree, is how they are feared by humans. That makes me think it can't/shouldn't be a cosmic-only film. However, without the FF, I'm really at a wall for how they will be connected to the Earth, other than there being some kind of fallout in A2 that causes it.
You're right about Medusa. Whoever they cast to play Medusa has to have great chemistry with the actor who plays Black Bolt.

And I think Marvel has the rights to the Kree(speculation because even though the Kree have origins with the Fantastic Four they are used a lot more dealing with other Marvel events than they are with the FF). Though they could also have dual ownership of them like with SW and Quicksilver.
And they can introduce them by either having them discovered on Earth or having them discovered in space by say Iron Man in his space suit.
I want to see a scene between Stark and BB where Tony is trying to figure out what he's saying and Medusa isn't there.

check out the 2000 inhumans mini. the kree show up and take the inhumans into space as weapons. it introduces the kree connection to the inhumans so it would be a good set up.

I would like to see 1 of 2 ways:

An already established base on the moon and an already established royal family. Of course, you want flashbacks to the origin. Anyway, the main plot would be Maximus trying to take over the throne. I also want to see some battles with the Kree Empire

Origin of the Inhumans using the Kree origin. They have several small battles with some important Kree generals and escape to the Moon. Then there is an Avengers-like battle with the Kree Empire.

The first idea is more of a political thriller where the second is more action-packed.
I like the first one. Sounds very Game of Thrones-ish and how I imagine Marvel will approach the film. Feige said he only wants to make properties that are completely different than what they've done before into movie, and a movie about a political struggle between cosmic kingdoms and people fighting for their freedom would definitely be something new for them.

The first way also establishes the same thing the second does without making it a major focus, which would bog down the film and make it more of your run of the mill space action movie, which they would have done already with Guardians.

I was thinking Gosling for Iron Fist because he's the silent brooding type too but Black Bolt may actually be a better fit for him.

You're right about Medusa. Whoever they cast to play Medusa has to have great chemistry with the actor who plays Black Bolt.

And I think Marvel has the rights to the Kree(speculation because even though the Kree have origins with the Fantastic Four they are used a lot more dealing with other Marvel events than they are with the FF). Though they could also have dual ownership of them like with SW and Quicksilver.
And they can introduce them by either having them discovered on Earth or having them discovered in space by say Iron Man in his space suit.
I want to see a scene between Stark and BB where Tony is trying to figure out what he's saying and Medusa isn't there.
Since Feige didn't mention them along with the Skrulls when he talked about those "grey area" characters I doubt they're apart of it. Also, I just don't want to see Tony in the Inhumans or the Inhumans in A2 lol.

treat them like the Transformers. they were trying to stay hidden but are forced out into the open. maybe they are being chased by the kree. i'm not sure how to use Maximus without drawing comparisons to Loki, though.

I like the first one. Sounds very Game of Thrones-ish and how I imagine Marvel will approach the film. Feige said he only wants to make properties that are completely different than what they've done before into movie, and a movie about a political struggle between cosmic kingdoms and people fighting for their freedom would definitely be something new for them.

The first way also establishes the same thing the second does without making it a major focus, which would bog down the film and make it more of your run of the mill space action movie, which they would have done already with Guardians.

Since Feige didn't mention them along with the Skrulls when he talked about those "grey area" characters I doubt they're apart of it. Also, I just don't want to see Tony in the Inhumans or the Inhumans in A2 lol.

I like the cosmic kingdoms fighting each other a lot. And they might not be but I doubt Fox has the complete rights to them seeing as they don't even have the complete rights to the Skrull or SW and Quicksilver. And IM in Inhumans would be just for the tie-in to the rest of the MCU. But of course they could do it some other way too.

treat them like the Transformers. they were trying to stay hidden but are forced out into the open. maybe they are being chased by the kree. i'm not sure how to use Maximus without drawing comparisons to Loki, though.

Yeah that's the only thing, using the whole Maximus trying to usurp the throne from Black Bolt would make people draw too many connections to Thor. They'd have to go a completely different storyline for Inhumans.

How about an Inhumans television show. After SHIELD and after Heroes for Hire.

Would cost too much. Marvel can only do street-level shows on TV. I don't understand some of these ideas like Marvel making Nova into a TV show lol. Off topic though.

The pitch that they apparently sent out to writers a while ago was:

Superhero action in the vein of X-MEN about aliens who were put on Earth as a sleeper cell to eventually call back their race to take over the planet. Ultimately, the group of aliens fully assimilates and doesn't want to cause war. The main character has the power to destroy all with just his voice, so he is a mute (and his wife communicates for him).

From It's On The Grid. (I remember this bit did the rounds on the geek sites a while ago, when it was first posted)

Ahh that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for posting that. Wow, I think I'm even more interested than I already was. That's a brilliant set up for Inhumans if true. Makes for a conventional movie as a type of sci-fi horror that's close enough to home for people to feel connected but not so removed from the source material that fans would be upset. Also gets around that FF and origin problem I was talking about.

EDIT: Also sets up for a possible Secret Invasion type movie down the road now that I think about it.

Last edited:
Ahh that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for posting that. Wow, I think I'm even more interested than I already was. That's a brilliant set up for Inhumans if true. Makes for a conventional movie as a type of sci-fi horror that's close enough to home for people to feel connected but not so removed from the source material that fans would be upset. Also gets around that FF and origin problem I was talking about.

EDIT: Also sets up for a possible Secret Invasion type movie down the road now that I think about it.

Where do you get this from that, just curious?
That sounds more like political thriller to me

Where do you get this from that, just curious?
That sounds more like political thriller to me
Aliens living covertly in society for a planned insurrection screams sci-fi horror to me. It may have some shades of political thriller in it because of Black Bolt's people vs. Kree (?) but I'd consider that primarily the set up for a sci-fi horror due to it involving a mysterious alien race and not a country or something. Obviously, it won't be purely that though.

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/04/03/inhumans-game-of-thrones-film/

Yowzas! That sounds pretty awesome. A Game of Thrones style Inhumans film where the Inhumans become MCU's "X-Men"? Sweet.

Why does this work? First off anything GOT style with warring powerful figures realpolitiking sounds like a fantastic new twist for the MCU. Second, since Marvel/Disney does not have access to mutants they can use the Inhumans as a mutant substitute. That dynamic between the mainstream heroes (Avengers) and the mutants (now Inhumans filling a similar role) has always been an important aspect of the comics. This is finally a way of brining it to the big screen without access to the mutants and X-Men. Let Fox do whatever the hell they want and continually try new inventive concepts on the big screen.

This sounds like a Phase Three winner to me.

I'm a little leery, the concept doesn't *quite* transfer. Political drama of a royal family, sure, but I don't see how you could really break the royal family up into full competing houses. IMO, it'd work better if they are just one extended family; you can still have plenty of ideological and personality conflict.

I figured that was an April Fool's prank by Bleeding Cool.

They should not worry about connecting it with anything else in the Marvel U til the after credits sequence. Then they should go for a royal intrigue/power battles type storyline and make sure they get a great cast.

I really do want an Inhumans movie. I think it'll spread the Marvel U out a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zelzela
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"