How the HELL do I remove Yahoo toolbar?

BAH HUMBBUG!

There's an invisible man
Reaction score
I can't get rid of the damn thing. I try to go to my control pannel and go through add/remove programs and when I click to remove it my computer just sits there and does nothing. I then try to go to the file where it's located and remove it with the exe uninstall program and that doesn't work either. How the hell do I get it off my computer?!

on IE, right click on the space above the toolbar, it will bring up a drop down menu. whatever toolbars you have should be displayed there. the ones that you are using will ahve check marks beside them, uncheck Yahoo Toolbar. that should work

FunBobPants said:
on IE, right click on the space above the toolbar, it will bring up a drop down menu. whatever toolbars you have should be displayed there. the ones that you are using will ahve check marks beside them, uncheck Yahoo Toolbar. that should work

But that does not remove the program from my computer.

Remove it from Control Panel > Add/Remove Software or whatever similar option you have. It will completely uninstall Yahoo Messenger and that damn toolbar. Then you can reinstall Yahoo Messenger and be sure to NOT check the "Install Yahoo Toolbar" option. Let me know if that doesn't work for you. Yahoo Toolbar is a god damned virus.

jag

jaguarr said:
Remove it from Control Panel > Add/Remove Software or whatever similar option you have. It will completely uninstall Yahoo Messenger and that damn toolbar. Then you can reinstall Yahoo Messenger and be sure to NOT check the "Install Yahoo Toolbar" option. Let me know if that doesn't work for you. Yahoo Toolbar is a god damned virus.

jag

Nope, it doesn't work. Like I said in an earlier post. I can't get rid of the damn thing!

That's a bit extreme just to get rid of a toolbar.

Try removing it by booting into safe mode.

Lackey said:
Apparantly you can remove the toolbar from the toolbar menu itself http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=303047

That worked, but that wasn't really my problem. My problem is I can not get the program, or the install program off of my damn computer! It will not go away in my control pannel>add/remove programs box. I click the button to remove it and the damn thing doesn't go away!

Go check out the Toolbar Cop link I gave you before! :mad:

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"