Superman Returns How the new suit might be explained (speculation)

Fatboy Roberts said:
he does.

Look, the dude CALLED ME to tell me this after getting caught in a huge flamewar in a previous thread. You ever called someone over your histrionics in a messageboard thread? He then sorta disappeared after swearing everyone here off. He comes back and immediately gets in a little tete a tete with a couple posters. So I figured I'd remind everyone what the deal was from LAST time. So that way you at least know what's going on when you mix it up with the dude.

nothing about this is sad and disrespectful unless you buy into the sort of overheated fake claptrap dude pulls to make his days easier. I'm not DISRESPECTING the guy. I'm just pointing out there's an ulterior motive behind his ranting that has nothing to do with intelligent discussion and everything to do with keeping himself entertained at work. To each his reach and all that.
Look, I said on the phone, that I am not serious or mad most of the time when, in an argument, it seems like I am mad. That is what I said. Get my f'n words right. And I called you because you were calling me a liar about being at a pary in LA and saying that you wanted to see my airline ticket stub, which I faxed you the next day. And I disapeared for a while as I got a private message from a mod stating that they are going to side with poeople who like the suit more on posts regarding the suit where there are two opposing sides of the issue because the film is already done no matter how out of line you guys got. I felt that was unfair, and so I stopped coming here for a while because what is the point of going to a place if the discussion is only going to be allowed to be one sided. I also showed the private messages to a few other suit haters who told me "Yeah this place is Warners bought and sold playground now" and I went to other free places to talk about this film.

dude get over yourself. Your a typical cocky full of himself DJ.

I am done with you. At least some of the other non suit likers here and I can have a decent conversation.

Now can we please get back on topic. I don't know how Singer is going to explain the suit other than he said he will.

A lot of people have confused self-confidence with ego and cockiness. As if the idea of being self-confident is a negative. I don't. I'm just telling people what you called and told me. The fact that even YOU don't believe there's some sort of "suit-haters/suit-lovers" divide is what makes your histrionics even funnier for some. You're talking about it as if it really exists, as if there's a tangible "hatfields and mccoys" delineation between people that actually matters.

Although it appears a lot of people really ARE taking you at face value. Trust me, I'm almost getting as much amusement out of it as you are now. Watching people take you seriously IS sort of funny. But some kids here are uber-sensitive--where you're playing around, they actually are THAT hardcore, so for those guys, who might have an embolism if they mix it up with you for too long, I figure they should know what your schtick is.

I don't know how Singer is going to explain the suit other than he said he will.

insightful ;)

People have speculated that the suit will be explained via the patterns on it and the way kryptonian technology seems to replicate itself. Maybe we'll see a crystal GROW the suit or something?

buggs0268 said:
I don't know how Singer is going to explain the suit other than he said he will.

Donner didn't explain your fav. suit in his movie, did he? No, so I don't care if Singer don't explain the new suit. This movie is about Superman, not his suit. :p

Singer won`t explain the suit at all. Maybe the prequel comics but thats it. Theres a pic of Superman before he left Earth. That Newspaper photo "Caped Wonder, where have you gone?" It shows the same suit so it wont bee explained.

I don't understand why people think Singer has to explain anything in regards to the suit. Do the comics explain every tweak they make to the suit?

SpiderDaniel said:
Singer won`t explain the suit at all. Maybe the prequel comics but thats it. Theres a pic of Superman before he left Earth. That Newspaper photo "Caped Wonder, where have you gone?" It shows the same suit so it wont bee explained.
I agree..most likely in the SR universe this is what his suit has looked like from the start.

its explained pretty well just by looking at it... the general public will be aware that it's his space suit.

but it bugs me that the bottom of the s-sheild isnt stuck to the suit

If only more could be as logical as Venom or SpiderDaniel.

Some people just don`t pay attention to obvious things. God gave them eyes but they cannot see....

SpiderDaniel said:
singer will explain the suit. not because he has to but because he himself siad it at comic-con. it will be like explained in 10 seconds. it will be mentioned.

i dont see here a problem. i guess it will have something to do with the people of kypton and hes father.

but i think both suits are obvious. so even if he would not explain it general people would understand it. they are dumb(batman begins) but not soooo dumb.

They don't need to explain it,it will just be assumed that was always the way his suit looked.

wait a minute. i think that people here are talking about two different things. some pople want to see an explanation from reeve to the routh suit. but some people here just want to see an explanation of why he has teh suit.

Milkman95 said:
No explanation, it's NOT needed.
but singer said that there will be an explanation. i am not saying that there needs to be some. but he said that there will be. so why are you saying no?

confused i am :)

dark_b said:
but singer said that there will be an explanation. i am not saying that there needs to be some. but he said that there will be. so why are you saying no?

confused i am :)

I'm saying it's not needed in my opinion. If Singer does it, fine. If he doesn't, that's fine too........

I think when Singer was refering to the explanation of the suit, he was talking about something to do with the \S/ logo itself right? Anybody have that quote.

Milkman95 said:
I'm saying it's not needed in my opinion. If Singer does it, fine. If he doesn't, that's fine too........

I agree too........but Singer did say he would explain it, so i'm interested.

Depends on how he is going to explain it..

unused footage from brando perhaps? explaining the \S/

I tend to think that the old suit was damaged in a fight or something between S:2,AND S.R.,and it was replaced.Simple and quick.Thats just my thought though.

I don't think their will be any kind of explanation, maybe a joke of some sort.

it really matters not to me one way or another,I will still enjoy the movie.woo hoo I cant wait.

Singer said that he would explain "the importance and significance of the [\S/] symbol", not the change of suit from Reeve to Routh. I imagine he means the significance of the \S/ with regards to its Kryptonian origin.
Explaining the change in suit from one movie to the next would just call more attention to the fact that it is a movie undermining the suspension of disbelief factor IMO

ok. I think it'd be kinda silly to explain it. Not everything is the same from the old movies anyway so they'd have to explain what happened to otis and stuff.
but Maybe they could have the pimp return and he can say "Wooooo Man! That is a bad outfit!" And superman will say, "thanks, it's a newer design than my old one Mr. Pimp." And the Pimp will reply, "I quite like it. Perhaps you can recommend your tailor?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"