• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

How to Become Undistracted/ Writers Block

SapphirePrima

Superhero
Reaction score
I've been trying to write an english paper for about 3 hours now but All I have is one sentence. The papers on a process... I can be any kind of process execept for human reproduction. And I really don't know what to write I was thinking about writing about how the process of becoming a teenage is realized but that's not working too well.:csad: and I keep getting distracted. Any suggestions?

Have you basically planned out the whole paper, the general direction of it, and what each paragraph will deal with?

I've found that most writer's block stems from a need for more planning. Looking at a blank page can be terribly intimidating, but if you have it entirely plotted out it's generally less of a challenge.

JLBats said:
Have you basically planned out the whole paper, the general direction of it, and what each paragraph will deal with?

I've found that most writer's block stems from a need for more planning. Looking at a blank page can be terribly intimidating, but if you have it entirely plotted out it's generally less of a challenge.

No... I really don't know what to write about.

SapphirePrima said:
No... I really don't know what to write about.

Ah. Is this due tomorrow?

Sometimes it becomes a matter of just biting the bullet and doing an essay that is excellent on a technical level, but with no passion behind it. Even if you aren't interested in a topic, you might have to just go with it.

Next Tuesday. I'm gonna be busy over the weekend and I want to get most of it done before saturday night.

JLBats said:
Ah. Is this due tomorrow?

Sometimes it becomes a matter of just biting the bullet and doing an essay that is excellent on a technical level, but with no passion behind it. Even if you aren't interested in a topic, you might have to just go with it.

That's been every f**king essay I've ever done. :down

But yeah, you need to plan. But it seems like you don't even know what to write about. Maybe like, make a list of process topics or something. Hell yeah. :huh:

photosynthesis . . . or; the process of outlining an essay lol!

remember on Mr. Rogers when they would go to cereal factories and shyt like that . . . . reminds me of some cool processes . . . hmmmm?

^seriously . . . might as well take the advice and write the essay at the same time . . . .

JLBats said:

Meh, I say screw planning. I start writing and it seems like it just sort of flows and works itself out.

SapphirePrima said:
I've been trying to write an english paper for about 3 hours now but All I have is one sentence. The papers on a process... I can be any kind of process execept for human reproduction. And I really don't know what to write I was thinking about writing about how the process of becoming a teenage is realized but that's not working too well.:csad: and I keep getting distracted. Any suggestions?

Pick a subject.

Select the most important processes.

Focus on those.

Provide details.

Let it flow.

SapphirePrima said:

*pirate*Yargh, I know the sting ye be talkin' about. Writer's block be a harsh mistress.

My advice: take an hour or so off, clear your head, then come back and try again. Usually works for me.

Well I just wrote two different outlines. Working on a intro now. Thanks guys.

Smoke some weed and you'll be getting all KINDS of ideas. And you'll become more focused as well.

Though I'd highly suggest proofreading your stuff after you sober up. :oldrazz:

Darthphere said:
Pick a subject.

Select the most important processes.

Focus on those.

Provide details.

Let it flow.
:up: But not only that. I say select the process which you know the most about.

he pondered the page, a blank slate of infinite possiblity. ideas stuggling to take shape, discounted before even pen touches paper. "ha a postmodern attempt at a description of my own process will surfice" he thought to himself, but really he didn't, he just joked about it after. this is no story, just events with little meaning or result. the page demands an idea. the page demands something worth reading. the page mocks with blankness and tortures with scribbled out beginings. screw it in a ball and throw it away. it is the stereotypical way. "can i write now?" he pleads.

SapphirePrima said:
Any suggestions?
The process of writing an essay using advice from the internet community (on a superhero forum).

eg

1.Post a thread asking for help and suggestions on a message board
2.Participate in active discussion for a limited length of time
3.Go back and read through responses
4.Strike out non serious replies/spam/responses from known idiots
5.Collate the most useful suggestions
6.Write introduction to topic
7.Summarise useful points from these suggestions and arrange them into ordered, organised paragraphs
8.Write conclusion to topic

Edit: too late you've already started :(:cmad::(

:)

I finished the paper... If anyone wants to read i'll post. I had a few friends proof read and they said it was okay. Thanks again everybody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"