How will a sense of danger be established for Superman?

If Faora alone can kick supe's but all by herself why does Zod need an armored suit for? Maybe superman is stronger than her but not necessarily as skilled in combat and all it takes to take her down is one punch from Kal. Just wondering
LOVE!!! Maybe Faora blows superman numerous times but he finishes her in one ‘blow’.

I think part of the realism of Man of Steel will be that Earth's technological development is the same as real life. And there's no need for there to be any Earth tech in this movie that can hurt Superman when we have Kryptonians with Kryptonian tech. Maybe someone will reverse-engineer the tech that gets left behind at the end. That's the way I prefer it. Rather than lots of wacky sci-fi developments happening independent of Superman and Zod's arrival, their arrival is the catalyst.

And that in turn would become the sole motivator for Lex Luthor's lust for power. I'd love to see such a scene at the end of MoS. We don't even need to see his face otherwise they can always surprise us. :)

I think part of the realism of Man of Steel will be that Earth's technological development is the same as real life. And there's no need for there to be any Earth tech in this movie that can hurt Superman when we have Kryptonians with Kryptonian tech. Maybe someone will reverse-engineer the tech that gets left behind at the end. That's the way I prefer it. Rather than lots of wacky sci-fi developments happening independent of Superman and Zod's arrival, their arrival is the catalyst.

And that in turn would become the sole motivator for Lex Luthor's lust for power. I'd love to see such a scene at the end of MoS. We don't even need to see his face otherwise they can always surprise us. :)

i hope he has some finite strength limits here.. and he should be capable of bleeding/bruising and bone-breaks, if the impact is great enough..

The thing about earth tech in the comics is that they have been forced to be creative thanks to Superman, Aliens, and metahumans. Superman exists? Then you put your military to work on figuring how to kill the guy just in case he decides he doesn't like the current world leaders.

How will a sense of danger be established for Superman? If Kristin Stewart replaces Amy as Lois, Kanye West comes on as Steel, and Gilbert Godfried narrates the film.

As much as I'll enjoy Superman going toe to toe with someone his equal in strength, I don't want the movies to devolve into a super-powered freak of the week scenario each film. There are 70 years worth of stories that can be referenced for what and all kinds of challenges or dangers Superman can face. Personally, I see playing with such a strong and pure archetype like Superman against against all kinds of modern day challenges as a goldmine for some really creative and groundbreaking superhero films which is what I always hoped Superman movies would be.

The thing about earth tech in the comics is that they have been forced to be creative thanks to Superman, Aliens, and metahumans. Superman exists? Then you put your military to work on figuring how to kill the guy just in case he decides he doesn't like the current world leaders.

Note that, even if you do totally trust Superman, his existence and arrival is proof of the existence of advanced alien life, which might not even need technology go trounce humanity. So whether you desire to build ways to fight Superman, you damn well do have to build ways to fight *other* aliens.

having super powered beings pretty much establishes the sense of danger....

The people closest to him coming into harm's way.

Note that, even if you do totally trust Superman, his existence and arrival is proof of the existence of advanced alien life, which might not even need technology go trounce humanity. So whether you desire to build ways to fight Superman, you damn well do have to build ways to fight *other* aliens.
Sound very much like the reason of forming avenger...

Zod is going to be a Kryptonian Super Soldier.

The back story this time is him being genetically enhanced like Captain America, the Kryptonian equivalent.

He eventually rose to the rank of General and went insane.

So what happens when a Kryptonian Super Soldier gets his powers?

Over-powered Villain is what will give the sense of danger.

That's the best explanation for it. Part of me is bothered by the idea though, because it sort of makes all the mad scientists and supervillains his fault, sort of like how the costumed crazies in Gotham are Batman's fault since he inspired their theatricality.

That's the best explanation for it. Part of me is bothered by the idea though, because it sort of makes all the mad scientists and supervillains his fault, sort of like how the costumed crazies in Gotham are Batman's fault since he inspired their theatricality.

The wrongdoings of other people are never your fault. If someone else, out of greed or hatred or envy, decides they want to do wrong to you, and other people are hurt? Its their fault, for choosing to do that.

Or, blaming Superman is postmodern BS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"