Iron Man 3 How will Iron Man return in the Avengers 2?

REALLLY? so then that DOES make the ending of IM3 just complete an utter ******** and stupidly written,that was the ONLY explanation omg so its actually laughable now the way he just cured Pepper and finally had his chest reactor removed IF he didn't master the extremis himself and have a new reason for his heart and its surroundings healing! OH Black you ego maniac fool do did it again

uh....what?

At the end of the movie, he has Dr. Wu remove the Extremis technovirus from Pepper. "Then I thought, why stop there?" So he also has Dr. Wu remove the shrapnel and arc reactor from his heart, and make him a real human being again.

That doesn't stop him from being Iron Man. Far from it; and he says so: "I am Iron Man." He can still build suits, and they don't need to be internally powered by his heart or even an arc reactor. And he can *perfect* Extremis, because that's exactly what he did, virtually unknowingly, in a scribble on the back of his nametag at the NYE99 party. That's the thing that Maya Hansen discovered, and was coming to Tony for help with.

So the ending of IM3 sets up that he's no longer shackled by the physical limitations of his previous suits, and that he's able to fix Extremis to the point that it's no longer dangerous to its user. So again: it's natural to assume that will lead him to create the Extremis armor in the interim between IM3 and TA2.

The worst parts of this film was that Tony being in the suit gets undermined. The Air Force One scene being remote controlled was beyond lame. Also, Mark 42 aside, Stark getting his arc reactor removed completely kills the point of him being in the armor. Hell, it could just be Joe Blow down the street in the armor. The uniqueness is gone.

The worst parts of this film was that Tony being in the suit gets undermined. The Air Force One scene being remote controlled was beyond lame. Also, Mark 42 aside, Stark getting his arc reactor removed completely kills the point of him being in the armor. Hell, it could just be Joe Blow down the street in the armor. The uniqueness is gone.

why does him not being in the suit during the AF1 scene make it lame? The entire time you're lead to believe Tony is in the suit, then he gets cocky and gets hit by the truck where you see it was an unmanned suit. That was like one of my favorite parts, probably the hardest I laughed in the whole movie, classic MCU Tony right there if you ask me.

And to the other point, his personal Arc Reactor hasn't been powering the suits since IM1 right? I thought they were all powered by them, but just re-made ones for each suit, like Rhodey's in IM2/3. As the theme we've seen since Avengers to IM3 'does the suit make the man, or does the man make the suit' was what he's been dealing with and found that he doesnt need the suits, or the arc reactor in his chest to be Iron Man.

i think it is a fair assumption that tony's iron legion days are over.

he will likely focus on quality over quantity via making a single, totally badass, new suit.

maybe a combination of the mark 7 and the mark 42 (basically a mark 7 which can detach in parts)

or he could simply remake the mark 42 and get it working 100%, unlike in iron man 3 where it was still a prototype.

still, the mark 7 design is yet to be beaten imo.

why does him not being in the suit during the AF1 scene make it lame? The entire time you're lead to believe Tony is in the suit, then he gets cocky and gets hit by the truck where you see it was an unmanned suit. That was like one of my favorite parts, probably the hardest I laughed in the whole movie, classic MCU Tony right there if you ask me.

yea i hope people realise that the headpiece device allows tony to control the armour as if he were actually wearing it.

i assume there are some limitations, but the way the AF1 scene played out made it seem like he had "full" control.

it wasn't jarvis controlling the mk 42. jarvis is only capable of so much by himself, as seen by the finale: the ai-controlled suits were no where near as efficient as what we have seen tony do in all the movies thus far.

if you count the number of explosions at the end, it seems like a great number of suits got destroyed by extremis guys off camera / in the background as tony was doing his thing. i chalked this up to jarvis only being somewhat effective when left to control a suit on his lonesome.

as for the head gear removing the need for tony to still be in the suit itself, i disagree.

it is likely that being outside the suit made tony crash into the truck. much like how we are more reckless when playing a driving sim than we are in real life. if he were in the mk 42, he would have preserved self preservation instincts to a much greater extent.

plus another factor is that being in the armour protects tony. when wearing a head set, he is totally exposed. also he is at risk of being snuck up on and neutralised/killed etc. simply put, they're called armours for a reason.

I don't think Extremis armor is the next step for Tony in the MCU, nor do I think Joss will take him there. I also don't think the point of the end of IM3 was Tony retiring the armor, it's the opposite, he wanted to start over with a clean slate. I don't know what type of suit he will use in Avengers, but I think it will be more unexpected than just an Extremis suit. It might be another evolution on the prehensile armor. The Mk 42 was never actually completed in the movie after all.

Last edited:

And to the other point, his personal Arc Reactor hasn't been powering the suits since IM1 right? I thought they were all powered by them, but just re-made ones for each suit, like Rhodey's in IM2/3. As the theme we've seen since Avengers to IM3 'does the suit make the man, or does the man make the suit' was what he's been dealing with and found that he doesnt need the suits, or the arc reactor in his chest to be Iron Man.

I really do hate that idea that this movie presented.

Of course Stark needs the suit to be capable of saving people. But at the end of the day, Stark is Iron Man. He had the initiative in the first film. He changed the direction of his corporation. He engineered every single one of his suits. He sacrificed himself at the end of The Avengers. They juxtapose him being an arrogant renegade with this idea of "does the suit make the man." Does that mean that in The Avengers, he is going to be the straight man. He's not going to be kind of a prick or crack jokes anymore? That is what they presented in this film.

Let's be serious now. It's not like Stark is always in his armor in these movies. In Iron Man 2, he was in the armor for what...23 minutes? The film was over 2 hours.

I truly do hope to see Iron Man just as he was seen in The Avengers, i was quite upset when Mark 42 was revealed, I just really wish to see Iron Man in his classic Maroon and Gold armor, yes I know mark 42 is maroon and gold, but classic iron man is what i really hope to see. :BA

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"