Iron Man 3 Bruce Banner

I think Bruce Banner ate too much Shawarma in the Avengers not because of the Hulk Transformation.

QUIET, YOU!:cmad:

:oldrazz:
Don't really like the short hair, hope he grows it back for A2, but still glad to see him pop up again.

There was a motivation for the post-credit scenes in Phase one. To set up the next film.

In Phase 2 and after a billion dollar grossing Avengers film...do we still need to let the audience know WHO Thor and Cap are? Maybe Gaurdians, but they aren't coming out till next year and if anything that would be more suited to a post Thor credit than IM3.

The post credits now can just be fun gags or just little cameo appearances like Bruce, not all having to be a set up.

Well it looks like mark ruffalo is the first actor to portray Bruce banner in a movie and reprise the role in some fashion . (Not counting bill bixby )

I was initially disappointed when the web spoiled this after credit scene as I wanted a GotG connection in IM3, but the scene with Banner was funny and kept the light-hearted vibe of the entire movie.

In an attempt to dissect the intent of this scene, maybe Marvel wants to make a statement: this is Tony Stark's movie, period; they've already tied the movies together in Phase One and have no desire to give us easter eggs in the ACS; lastly they still feel Banner/Hulk isn't ready for a solo film yet and this is the capacity they'd like to use Ruffalo for the time being.

Plus Tony and Bruce are science buddies, so its cool to see that them driving off at the end of Avengers wasn't just some nice shot, these two keep a close knit friendship. Because you have to be a close friend if Tony is going to tell his traumas to you.

I have to say, I can't believe how bad some of the backlash on this has been. Seriously. It was a fun little scene, it gave a quick laugh, and a nice little cameo for Ruffalo.

I've seen (elsewhere, not so much here) a lot of people up in arms about the fact that nothing was set up and Marvel screwed up and it was a terrible waste of film and blah, blah, blah.

Your anger is unjustified. Marvel doesn't OWE us these scenes, they do it for fun, or as a nod to the fans.

I have to say, I can't believe how bad some of the backlash on this has been. Seriously. It was a fun little scene, it gave a quick laugh, and a nice little cameo for Ruffalo.

I've seen (elsewhere, not so much here) a lot of people up in arms about the fact that nothing was set up and Marvel screwed up and it was a terrible waste of film and blah, blah, blah.

Your anger is unjustified. Marvel doesn't OWE us these scenes, they do it for fun, or as a nod to the fans.

Excatly, we don't need every marvel movie to set up the next movie in the universe. Though I am sure Cap or Thor will tease Guardians. Then Guardians will tease Avengers 2.

Honestly, I suspect the main reason they didn't give a forward-looking stinger is that the next movie is Thor 2, and they don't think they *need* a stinger to create interest.

Plus the first two Iron Man end credits were needed. They needed to establish the Universe and help give people something to talk about going into Thor.

Now? The universe is more than established. Thor is known to 1 billion dollars worth of people. So why not let Iron Man 3 ... be what everyone has been calling it? A stand alone film. Let it be about Tony and just Tony (and a lil Bruce)

He did indeed look a little chubbier in this scene, but considering the time from when we last saw him during the Avengers promo stuff and now, i say he probably gained it for a role.

I would have liked to have seen Tony notice Bruce had nodded off and then hit him to startle him awake. Then show Bruce's eyes turn green and Tony say "I've had enough of this crap this week" and run out of the room.

Fade to black.

What i like to think about this scene is that Starks crap is still nothing compared to Banner. I just want to believe that Banner is trying to catch up on some sleep from stopping the Leader and the Abomination.

Honestly, I suspect the main reason they didn't give a forward-looking stinger is that the next movie is Thor 2, and they don't think they *need* a stinger to create interest.

..or more so this one kinda closed off the IM trilogy.

..or more so this one kinda closed off the IM trilogy.

It capped Tony's character development that began in IM1, but it hardly ended him as a character. It is way, way overreaching to pretend that he quit being Iron Man forever. He hasn't even quit being Iron Man *temporarily*. All he did was decide to stop using the armor as a psychological crutch.

Ruffulo is in the new flick Now You see Me, and looks like he did in The Avengers (weight-wise) so i assume the weight gain as noticed in IM3 , as i said before, was for a role.

Loved the stinger. Best one since Iron Man 1, and possibly the best gag in the film.

this could've been a good opportunity for a reference to Doc Samson

Bring back Ty Burrell

I love Ruffalo's Banner and got such a stupid grin on my face upon realizing Tony was telling the story to him! I was expected something to do with space in the after-credits scene but I'm actually not disappointed about it!

Plus the first two Iron Man end credits were needed. They needed to establish the Universe and help give people something to talk about going into Thor.

Now? The universe is more than established. Thor is known to 1 billion dollars worth of people. So why not let Iron Man 3 ... be what everyone has been calling it? A stand alone film. Let it be about Tony and just Tony (and a lil Bruce)

I'm not even sure the second Iron Man's post credits-scene was needed, most of the people staying behind are the fans and they already knew who Thor was and it was coming out. I liked the scene, but it really there wasn't much in it. I would've much rather they kept the Iron Man, but not Tony scene for post-credits.

I didn't notice Ruffalo being any chunkier,but the grey hair was a bit much.I mean,I know Ruff's way in his 40's,but lets not make Banner look any older than he has to.

this could've been a good opportunity for a reference to Doc Samson

Bring back Ty Burrell

I never understood how that was going to work. Body suit? Cgi? Whatever the case, his face would have to stay essentially the same (if not younger) but with about 100 pounds more muscle. Somewhat tricky...

I didn't notice Ruffalo being any chunkier,but the grey hair was a bit much.I mean,I know Ruff's way in his 40's,but lets not make Banner look any older than he has to.

I have no issue with Banner (and Stark for that matter) looking older, I think it's appropriate. To be the foremost expert in Gamma Radiation, I assume would take years to accomplish. And personally, I liked the little touch of gray hair on the Hulk too :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"